Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you getting the covid vacination?
Absolutely- as soon as I can 95 60.90%
Nope - I don't trust it 30 19.23%
Maybe - but probably not for 6 months to a year until they know more 26 16.67%
I'm not - but think my over 65 parent should (or someone else) 5 3.21%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2021, 02:54 AM

106,793 posts, read 109,039,935 times

Advertisements

Meh , vaccines are considered trial tested adequately after 3,000,000 doses ..we have ten times that already ...having had a pretty nasty case of covid ..if I could could easily have avoided getting it I sure would have ...it is the second month now I am still feeling the effects in breathing and fatigue .

You better have great insurance too ..we just got the bills for my wife and I for two weeks in the hospital.not including the doctors yet , the bills are just about a quarter million dollars for the two of us . We were just in the regular covid wing , not icu either

You better hope enough people around you don’t feel like you do as almost half of all of those who are positive are a symptomatic so you you can easily get it from someone who you think is safe.

How you do as far as severity is primarily based on how much viral load you get ...being vaccinated reduces what others spread to you as well as the severity of how you react , but that’s your choice.

Last edited by mathjak107; 02-15-2021 at 03:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2021, 03:14 AM

323 posts, read 199,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Meh , vaccines are considered trial tested adequately after 3,000,000 doses ..we have ten times that already ...having had a pretty nasty case of covid ..if I could could easily have avoided getting it I sure would have ...it is the second month now I am still feeling the effects in breathing and fatigue .

You better have great insurance too ..we just got the bills for my wife and I for two weeks in the hospital.not including the doctors yet , the bills are just about a quarter million dollars for the two of us . We were just in the regular covid wing , not icu either

You better hope enough people around you don’t feel like you do as almost half of all of those who are positive are a symptomatic so you you can easily get it from someone who you think is safe.

How you do as far as severity is primarily based on how much viral load you get ...being vaccinated reduces what others spread to you as well as the severity of how you react , but that’s your choice.

Glad you are doing better. Thankfully, I have great insurance. It already paid 1.2 million dollars for all my hospital bills when I was in the burn unit for a month. I simply do not trust the vaccine and neither does my family. Anyone that wants to take it, more power to you. It is your choice. I'll leave it at that.

Old 02-15-2021, 04:33 AM

5,069 posts, read 3,966,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
If a guy got his second dose of the Moderna vaccine in mid December, does he need to be revaccinated by mid December 2021? What’s your guess?

I noticed brand new CDC guidelines are that a fully vaccinated person does NOT need to quarantine if they are in contact with a known carrier. For obvious reasons. The kicker is that the CDC says as long as it is within 3 months of being fully vaccinated. Does this mean after 3 months a fully vaccinated person needs or might need a new vaccine?

Who needs to quarantine?

People who have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 are not required to quarantine if they have been fully vaccinated against the disease within the last three months and show no symptoms.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...uarantine.html

Last edited by Quick Commenter; 02-15-2021 at 04:43 AM..

Old 02-15-2021, 04:37 AM

106,793 posts, read 109,039,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
If a guy got his second dose of the Moderna vaccine in mid December , does he need to be revaccinated by mid December 2021? What’s your guess?

I noticed new CDC guidelines are that a fully vaccinated person does NOT need to quarantine if they are in contact with a known carrier. For obvious reasons. The kicker is that the CDC says as long as it is within 3 months of being fully vaccinated. Does this mean after 3 months a fully vaccinated person needs or might need a new vaccine?

Who needs to quarantine?
People who have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19—excluding people who have had COVID-19 within the past 3 months.

People who have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 are not required to quarantine if they have been fully vaccinated against the disease within the last three months and show no symptoms.
I don’t guess ..I am not smart enough to have even an opinion ...but there are those experts I do trust ...

How long this protection lasts is still being examined.

Coverage against serious covid or dying can last quite a while ..but as far as getting it at all even if it is no worse than a cold is still being evaluated.

All I care about is getting a serious case again ..I can deal with a reduced case like a cold or asymptomatic

Old 02-16-2021, 07:50 AM

13,059 posts, read 18,146,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1111 View Post
Glad you are doing better. Thankfully, I have great insurance. It already paid 1.2 million dollars for all my hospital bills when I was in the burn unit for a month. I simply do not trust the vaccine and neither does my family. Anyone that wants to take it, more power to you. It is your choice. I'll leave it at that.
That certainly is your right to make that choice, but you should then be equally as diligent in not wanting to expose others in the event you get it. Even with the shot, it is like the flu shot, you can get it - it will just not debilitate you to the degree it does some.

Old 02-16-2021, 07:05 PM

5,295 posts, read 4,779,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1111 View Post
My whole family and I are not taking it. I don't like to be told what to do, just kidding, lol. Actually, I just don't trust it as it wasn't tested long term. I don't care how much science was involved and how much they urge everyone to do it. I rather take my chances and wait a year or two to see what happens to others who took it over the long term.

If you want to take it good for you, it's your choice but I am glad they are not forcing anyone. They would have to strap me down to a table and jab me in the arm forcibly before I take this vaccine. I am not an anarchist, but the older I get, the more I don't trust or like the government or the pharmaceutical companies.
I’m still blown away by this. A year ago you were on here absolutely terrified of covid like it was the coming of the apocalypse. Now you won’t take the vaccine that may very well prevent you from getting it??

Old 02-16-2021, 07:35 PM

226 posts, read 151,839 times
I will once my company schedules it...I think it takes a month to get it set up. I'm an essential worker but not in medical field. So I prob gotta wait. I was iffy at first.. Don't want to do it right away. Wanted to see reactions from people first. Now it just seems hit or miss as far as the side effects.

Old 02-17-2021, 04:46 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,411,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
I’m still blown away by this. A year ago you were on here absolutely terrified of covid like it was the coming of the apocalypse. Now you won’t take the vaccine that may very well prevent you from getting it??
This is the new world of idiots. They are scared, waiting for a "cure". But won't take the "cure" Totally moronic. Welcome to the new world we live in.

Old 02-17-2021, 07:48 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,347,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
This is the new world of idiots. They are scared, waiting for a "cure". But won't take the "cure" Totally moronic. Welcome to the new world we live in.

There will always be some that won't trust any medicine. If you look at Excedrin and Excedrine Migraine, you'll see that both have the same ingredients, except the latter you can take again in less # of hours than the former.

However I think the majority is more leery of a vaccine that was developed so quick on a virus that moves so fast and mutates just as quick.

Any medicine, regardless of what it does will affect everyone differently. Some will do fine by it. Others possibly may trigger mild to severe reactions. Its the unknown that is probably scaring them.

Then again, if you get a cold or something and you are prescribed a medication you have never taken before, you face those same risks. None, mild or severe reaction to it.

Old 02-18-2021, 10:14 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,897,251 times
There will always be opposition. You can present the facts or figures and there will still be naysayers and those who back stupidity. I think that's been made clear in recent months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island