Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you getting the covid vacination?
Absolutely- as soon as I can 95 60.90%
Nope - I don't trust it 30 19.23%
Maybe - but probably not for 6 months to a year until they know more 26 16.67%
I'm not - but think my over 65 parent should (or someone else) 5 3.21%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 02:56 PM

22,680 posts, read 36,836,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
I’m still blown away by this. A year ago you were on here absolutely terrified of covid like it was the coming of the apocalypse. Now you won’t take the vaccine that may very well prevent you from getting it??
People who get their news from 3rd hand sources (all the cops I know say no one died of COVID! It's all a conspiracy!) AND suffer from a panic disorder that prevents them from leaving the house....that's all I'm going to say. Sometimes I wish I was so easily swayed....actually, nah, I don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2021, 08:49 AM

5,069 posts, read 3,966,121 times
According to WSJ opinion piece, over 55% of the US has been infected (the great majority with mild or no symptoms). Covid has now moved thru our largest states. Our cases are down a whopping 77% over the last 6 weeks.

Adding the vaccinations to those who now have 'natural immunity', and the author predicts we are on the edge of herd immunity and Covid will be mostly gone by April, allowing Americans to resume a normal life.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/well-ha...il-11613669731

Last edited by Quick Commenter; 02-19-2021 at 08:59 AM..

Old 02-19-2021, 04:12 PM

20,090 posts, read 20,897,502 times
Yeah good luck with that.
Government is nowhere near ready for normal.
They never will be, that’s the plan.

Old 02-19-2021, 06:07 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,347,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Yeah good luck with that.
Government is nowhere near ready for normal.
They never will be, that’s the plan.
When has the government ever been normal?

Old 02-19-2021, 09:59 PM

20,090 posts, read 20,897,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
When has the government ever been normal?
Never. I was referring to them allowing “us” to go back to normal.
Our government is Abby Normal.

Old 02-20-2021, 03:14 AM

5,069 posts, read 3,966,121 times
Why is Biden still doing the mask (sometimes the double mask) routine? He’s fully vaccinated.

Actions such as that undermine the public confidence that the vaccine is safe and EFFECTIVE and play into the hands of the anti-vaxxers.

Old 02-20-2021, 05:39 AM

690 posts, read 586,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Why is Biden still doing the mask (sometimes the double mask) routine? He’s fully vaccinated.

Actions such as that undermine the public confidence that the vaccine is safe and EFFECTIVE and play into the hands of the anti-vaxxers.
Bc you're going to be wearing that mask until Christmas 2022! That was the word out of the White House this week! Said he was "hopeful" for that time frame.

Old 04-08-2021, 06:32 PM

20,945 posts, read 28,464,010 times
I had said I wasn't going to back In January. But I am glad I did get vaccinated last week

Old 04-09-2021, 09:56 AM

45 posts, read 18,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
7 million doses given says no one is a guinea pig anymore. ,typically after 3,000,000 doses testing trials are over and satisfied.

All side effects mimicking covid are supposed to happen as they kick your body in to defensive mode . Some may just feel the effects more than others for a number of reasons .but in all cases it is non replicating.

Having had a bad case of covid I can tell you I would take those vaccine symptoms any day over what I had
What's really the point ?

I still have to wear a mask no matter what...by law*.

Also, i heard you have to take the vaccine SEVERAL* times a year for it to even be 'effective'.

The FDA approves all types of drugs in America. Good or bad.
Should i run down a list of drugs that were approved only to be 'recalled' years later ?
My point is they don't exactly have an impressive record.
The plan is to make big pharma companies rich and everybody is falling for it under the 'scare tactic' method they are using.

I'm self employed so my employer cant FORCE ME to take it.
I'm not knocking whoever does but i have no reason to trust the government.
We are just walking ATM machines in their eyes.

Old 04-09-2021, 02:14 PM

106,793 posts, read 109,020,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Made In Italy View Post
What's really the point ?

I still have to wear a mask no matter what...by law*.

Also, i heard you have to take the vaccine SEVERAL* times a year for it to even be 'effective'.

The FDA approves all types of drugs in America. Good or bad.
Should i run down a list of drugs that were approved only to be 'recalled' years later ?
My point is they don't exactly have an impressive record.
The plan is to make big pharma companies rich and everybody is falling for it under the 'scare tactic' method they are using.

I'm self employed so my employer cant FORCE ME to take it.
I'm not knocking whoever does but i have no reason to trust the government.
We are just walking ATM machines in their eyes.
It’s your choice ..but when you get excluded from doing what the vaccinated population can do especially if ny goes whole hog with excelsior pass then you will see the point ....it is either that or spend your time getting tested every 72 hours when you want to do something.

Having spent weeks in the hospital with covid sick as a dog , it is an experience I never want to go through again ...so yeah I will take my chances with vaccination being as unvaccinated didn’t work out so well for my wife and I
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island