Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2021, 11:33 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,392,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
The short answer is no one really knows. The people in the initial trial still have immunity so they say its at least good for 6 months, beyond that only time will tell.
I don't particularly mind boosters but hopefully by that point you can just get it from your doctor and not have to deal with these mad dashes for appts in the state & county sites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2021, 05:09 PM

20,943 posts, read 28,459,867 times
My arm is so sore I could not even lay on that side. I slept horrible.

Old 04-07-2021, 05:27 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,411,501 times
Site in haupauge has appointments for tomorrow!

Old 04-07-2021, 06:16 PM

22,679 posts, read 36,831,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
They are saying some of these vaccines are only effective for 6 months ... is that true? Then are we going to keep needing to get booster shots?

People in the trials are showing 91% effective after 6 months. No one knows how long it lasts beyond that. But I feel the same way - I don't mind the idea of booster shots....but it's gotta be an easier system by then.

We should also remember they have a much better grasp on how to treat COVID than they did a year ago. Some companies abandoned vaccine research and production in favor of researching and manufacturing treatments.

Old 04-07-2021, 06:27 PM

13,058 posts, read 18,141,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
My arm is so sore I could not even lay on that side. I slept horrible.
Your experience seems to mirror what we had heard. We know more people that had side effects -some pretty severe - (fever, chills, aches and nausea) with the Moderna.

Old 04-07-2021, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Your experience seems to mirror what we had heard. We know more people that had side effects -some pretty severe - (fever, chills, aches and nausea) with the Moderna.
BIL is the only one that got Moderna, and his arm was in terrible pain.

Everyone else got Pfizer. My boys had bad headaches the next day after second shot.

DD and I getting second dose tomorrow.

Old 04-07-2021, 11:57 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,852,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
They are saying some of these vaccines are only effective for 6 months ... is that true? Then are we going to keep needing to get booster shots?
Let us know who "They" are and find out from them what they are talking about. Please report back if you get any further information.

Old 04-08-2021, 04:20 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,811,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post

Everyone else got Pfizer. My boys had bad headaches the next day after second shot.

Hope it goes well for you. My whole family had Pfizer and no real issues other than a sore arm. Hydrate well before and after - I actually nagged everyone to drink a bottle of gatorade before and after in addition to water. Not sure it helped but it didn't hurt.In general the better rested and hydrated you are the better your body deals with everything.

Old 04-08-2021, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Hope it goes well for you. My whole family had Pfizer and no real issues other than a sore arm. Hydrate well before and after - I actually nagged everyone to drink a bottle of gatorade before and after in addition to water. Not sure it helped but it didn't hurt.In general the better rested and hydrated you are the better your body deals with everything.
I heard the same about hydrating thanks for the tip!

Old 04-08-2021, 05:37 AM

6,475 posts, read 3,167,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post

My wife and I received the Moderna shots, and we felt nothing on the day of the shots, but minor soreness a day or two afterward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island