Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2021, 05:18 AM

2,378 posts, read 1,317,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcp86 View Post
Going by your theory, explain why Vermont, Maine (has higher aging population than FL) with high aging population have lesser death? I picked top 5 states with high % of 65+ population

PS - I didn't dig deeper providing 65+ vaccine rate

state - vaccination rate - death rate - 65+ age %
1) Vermont - 70.5% - 54/ 100K - 19.4%
2) Maine - 69.6% - 81/ 100K - 20.6%
3) West Virginia - 40.8% - 223/ 100K - 19.9%
4) Florida - 58.7% - 267/ 100K - 20.5%
5) Delaware - 58.9% - 206/ 100K - 18.7%

When you check TX which is an anti lockdown state, why is death rate high even though aging population is low?

6) Texas - 52.4% - 235/ 100K - 12.6%
About five people live in both Maine and Vermont. They are not populated states. Florida has the third largest population in the nation. I didn’t state that Florida had the oldest population, I stated Florida is among the oldest populations.

Why are cases inclining in states with strict covid mandates where cases are declining in most states like Florida with no covid mandates? Can’t we be honest with ourselves when looking at the data that covid mandates has had no effect on the spread of covid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2021, 07:54 AM

26,747 posts, read 26,841,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
Vermont is a mess with a surging covid rate.

"Vermont has reached a new high in cases with 88% of adults & 99%+ of everyone over 65 at least partially vaccinated"
Your info is from Twitter on Sept. 21, 2021.

Vermont Says Record 1-Day COVID-19 Cases Could Be IT Glitch:
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...d-be-it-glitch

Quote:
"Case counts in Vermont, which has continually boasted about high vaccination and low hospitalization and death rates, are the highest during the pandemic."
Vermont's confirmed coronavirus case rate in past 14 days: 454.6, confirmed death rate: 4.

Old 10-18-2021, 07:57 AM

26,747 posts, read 26,841,237 times
Quote:
For more info please see Steve Kirsch's vaccine resource page. He believes the vaccines should be stopped immediately.
This tech millionaire went from covid trial funder to misinformation superspreader
After boosting unproven covid drugs and campaigning against vaccines, Steve Kirsch was abandoned by his team of scientific advisers—and left out of a job.

https://www.technologyreview.com/202...isinformation/

Old 10-18-2021, 09:16 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,321,986 times
Quote:
If the vaccines worked as promised they would not be having a surge after having most people vaccinated.

Incorrect. Covid 19 is a notoriously contagious disease and the delta variant is worse than alpha was. Even if 75% of the population is vaccinated, 25% or one quarter is not. With a disease this contagious those in the unvaccinated pool are quite likely to get sick. Combine that with the fact that even with a good vaccine there were breakthrough cases in the beginning and you begin to understand the dimensions of the problem. Than we have the youngest people for 0-12 for whom the vaccine is not approved yet. There is plenty of room for this disease to spread. What we need is a vaccination rate of 85% to 90% to stop Covid 19. Countries with the highest vaccination rates see the smallest hospitalization rates and lowest death rates. That's plenty of indication the vaccines work.

You don't really want an answer to this but I will do it anyhow. These are significant concerns for many and explain why officers should resist the LAPD vaccine mandate.

1) The vaccines have a very high number of bad side effects and deaths. These are being censored tremendously.

Untrue. This is hysteria dreamed up by antivaccination groups unsupported by any credible science. What is continually missed is that if you vaccinate millions and millions of people and many of them are elderly to start out with that some deaths are bound to occur in the group for reasons that have nothing to do with the vaccine. There are also deaths in all age groups from issues like car accidents, suicide, heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. When these are extrapolated out we see that the vaccine poses incredibly little risk and much less than catching Covid 19 does.

2) The vaccines only last 4 to 8 months. A true vaccine like measles provides very long term protection.

There are some issues here. The remedy? Get a shot every six months. There is no reason not too. As we learn more, the vaccine schedule is bound to change. What a weak argument this is against vaccine mandates. The vaccines continue to work even after four to eight months in the sense that they prevent truly serious covid. This is covid that either kills or puts a person in the hospital. Almost all Covid 19 deaths occur among the unvaccinated.

3) According to some scientists the vaccines substitute a very specific immunity for a more general immunity. If this is true the vaccinees will be in much worse shape than the unvaccinated when a new variant arises.

No proof of this at all. Just crazy speculation that means nothing.

4) The leaky non sterilizing vaccines drive the creation of vaccine escaping variants.

Variants are likely to arise from people not vaccinating. Viruses that thrive in a population replicate. A virus cannot replicate if it does not find a host because the host was vaccinated.

From a doctor here

For more info please see Steve Kirsch's vaccine resource page. He believes the vaccines should be stopped immediately.

https://www.skirsch.io/vaccine-resources/

The nice way for me to put it is that this doctor is an interesting man, but has some very non-conventional beliefs. The CDC is far more reliable even if their advice changes as we learn more about the science of Covid 19.

https://www.skirsch.com/covid/Deaths.pdf

"Each stopping condition has been validated in the scientific peer-reviewed literature:

The vaccines have killed > 150,000 Americans
The vaccines kill more people than they save for all age groups"

If you think Steve Kirsch is a quack I suggest you take his $1,000,000 bet. All you need to do to win a million dollars is prove that there are less than 500 deaths from the vaccine.

My reply? If it looks like a duck and talks like a duck than it is a duck. Quack, quack, quack.
*My replies in bold

Old 10-18-2021, 10:00 AM

113 posts, read 54,268 times
Quote:
If the vaccines worked as promised they would not be having a surge after having most people vaccinated.

Vaccines work depending on the virus. This specific vaccine was developed for alpha but virus already mutated to delta. You are looking for black or white solution but it's all about probability. I took my time to take vaccine as I wanted to check all the data before deciding to take.

Because age did not explain why Texas had a higher death rate but demographics explain it very clearly.

Good you thought in the right way but didn't give the complete data. Your explanation sounds like covid virus loves hispanic race. I shared with you in the previous reply that hispanic race in TX has very low vaccination rate and they are more likely front line workers. You failed to explain this.

You don't really want an answer to this but I will do it anyhow. These are significant concerns for many and explain why officers should resist the LAPD vaccine mandate.

I really do want an answer to understand the mind behind the thinking you have

1) The vaccines have a very high number of bad side effects and deaths. These are being censored tremendously.

I know at least 50 ppl (more less than 35 age and less 55+) vaccinated. Believe me, no one has had an adverse effect. Same time I know personally 3 young ppl died of covid who were super healthy.

2) The vaccines only last 4 to 8 months. A true vaccine like measles provides very long term protection.

you know flu vaccines had to be taken every year right? reason is mutation. Measles are not able to mutate and if they mutate then the current vaccine doesn't work. Also even the measles vaccine doesn't protect perfect 100% but it's almost 100%. Again it's the probability!

https://discoverysedge.mayo.edu/2021...cape-immunity/

https://vk.ovg.ox.ac.uk/vk/disease-v...ed-populations

3) According to some scientists the vaccines substitute a very specific immunity for a more general immunity. If this is true the vaccinees will be in much worse shape than the unvaccinated when a new variant arises.

4) The leaky non sterilizing vaccines drive the creation of vaccine escaping variants.

From a doctor here

https://www.skirsch.io/vaccine-resources/

https://www.skirsch.com/covid/Deaths.pdf

"Each stopping condition has been validated in the scientific peer-reviewed literature:

The vaccines have killed > 150,000 Americans
The vaccines kill more people than they save for all age groups"

If you think Steve Kirsch is a quack I suggest you take his $1,000,000 bet. All you need to do to win a million dollars is prove that there are less than 500 deaths from the vaccine.

If you have a severe stomach ache you consult gastroentrologist or call some tech millionaire for advise?
Replies in bold

Old 10-18-2021, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
About five people live in both Maine and Vermont. They are not populated states. Florida has the third largest population in the nation. I didn’t state that Florida had the oldest population, I stated Florida is among the oldest populations.

Why are cases inclining in states with strict covid mandates where cases are declining in most states like Florida with no covid mandates? Can’t we be honest with ourselves when looking at the data that covid mandates has had no effect on the spread of covid?
Why do you keep ignoring high deaths? I showed TX which has higher population than FL with more deaths and less old people. Can you explain the reason why?

I explained previously, covid occurs in cycle and there are various factors involved in cases surging and falling. For ex, India has uncontrollable high population but still the covid deaths are low compared to US. Climate and food may be a reason. No one knows yet. You are picking specific time frame to defend your argument while ignoring higher no. of deaths. Think about this scenario, covid is there and no one takes vaccine, no one wears mask and every one lives the same way as pre covid without precaution. What do you think will happen? At some point of time high spread will stop due to herd immunity but the big compromise would be high covid deaths & long covid health problems.

I am not a virology expert and whatever I say is from the virologists which I interacted with in reddit and read from them.

Old 10-18-2021, 03:59 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,317,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcp86 View Post
Why do you keep ignoring high deaths? I showed TX which has higher population than FL with more deaths and less old people. Can you explain the reason why?

I explained previously, covid occurs in cycle and there are various factors involved in cases surging and falling. For ex, India has uncontrollable high population but still the covid deaths are low compared to US. Climate and food may be a reason. No one knows yet. You are picking specific time frame to defend your argument while ignoring higher no. of deaths. Think about this scenario, covid is there and no one takes vaccine, no one wears mask and every one lives the same way as pre covid without precaution. What do you think will happen? At some point of time high spread will stop due to herd immunity but the big compromise would be high covid deaths & long covid health problems.

I am not a virology expert and whatever I say is from the virologists which I interacted with in reddit and read from them.
Because you continue to argue that covid mandates has helped slow the spread of covid when there is no evidence that they do.

There is probably high amount of deaths in Texas due to low vaccination rates and the vast majority of those who are high risk in Florida are vaccinated.

Covid is seasonal. I have already explained this to you as well. As the northern states begin to get colder, more people go inside where covid is more likely to spread where those in the southern states tend to be outside more where covid doesn’t spread easily. This is not complicated. It’s a respiratory virus and wearing a mask has not been proven to be effective unless you are wearing a N95 mask and people aren’t going to be wearing masks in their homes.

Old 10-18-2021, 04:05 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,369,041 times
Quote:
Because you continue to argue that covid mandates has helped slow the spread of covid when there is no evidence that they do.

There is probably high amount of deaths in Texas due to low vaccination rates and the vast majority of those who are high risk in Florida are vaccinated.

Covid is seasonal. I have already explained this to you as well. As the northern states begin to get colder, more people go inside where covid is more likely to spread where those in the southern states tend to be outside more where covid doesn’t spread easily. This is not complicated. It’s a respiratory virus and wearing a mask has not been proven to be effective unless you are wearing a N95 mask and people aren’t going to be wearing masks in their homes.
How do you know these things you claim to know? You say you don’t analyze … but certainly seems you do constantly.

Old 10-18-2021, 04:59 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,888,687 times
If COVID-19 were a seasonal disease, there probably wouldn't be vaccine mandates except for healthcare workers. There's some seasonality to it, maybe more so in more seasonal climates, but it's a year-round threat everywhere. Work in particular - that almost everyone works indoors - reduces most natural seasonality of COVID-19.

Last edited by goodheathen; 10-18-2021 at 05:21 PM..

Old 10-18-2021, 05:54 PM

Quote:

To be clear we are talking about past lockdown in CA since we don't have lockdown anymore. I am not the one who's saying lockdown is effective (again lockdown, masking are not a magical solution to end covid - it's again the probability!). It's from the scientists. I am just passing that info here instead of just citing lockdown, mask won't work without any scientific evidence. Do you have any citation or proper study to prove lockdown and mask are not effective in controlling covid? I don't want an ex-cop opinion, over simplifying the scenario with two factors aging and cold weather. I will change my stance if you are able to provide proper study.

Also with TX you agreeing vaccination saves life?

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...ad-of-covid-19

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-82873-2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles