Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2021, 10:55 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,318,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
Actually I strongly suspect that the argument will be that these cases won’t apply.

Whatever, it’s all premature as cases are barely starting to work their case through court.
Tell me why the cases don't apply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2021, 11:57 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,930,757 times
It might be a push, but I might equate the vaccine equivalent to religion.
Only those that believe my way go to heaven. Unbelievers represent a bad influence on my family therefore, others must comply with my mandate. The fact that there are alternatives does not satisfy my mandate.
Fact, If the faith has meat it stands on its own, if it does not it is a flash in the pan.
Mandating a vaccine from a corrupt government is the strongest reason to resist it, especiAlly since alternatives exist which they strongly condemn.
Furthermore these vaccines have had thousands of injuries and fatalities, alternatives have not produced. This known world wide.
For this reason many reject the jab.
Secondly they are operating under emergency basis with out liability , This is wrong.
I do not trust the FDA, nor the CDC, nor the AMA. The whole world knows they are fraudulent , another reason to suspect something fishy going on.
There are reports of nano particles in the jab some have even been contaminated with other metals and returned to the manufacture.
Lastly, in many cases the injection is improperly administered, being injected in the bloodstream. And not in the muscle, creating blood clots and other issues throughout the body.
I have no problem with a true vaccine but these being PUSHED are not IMO.
I chose ivermectin, even though iI had coved 19 and overcame it on my own . I believe people have the right to choose alternative medicines.
Before coved no one cared, even though other flu circulated, it was not made an issue. But true to democrat protocol, never let a disaster go to waste, they will milk this as far as they can.

Old 10-21-2021, 12:12 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
It might be a push, but I might equate the vaccine equivalent to religion.
Only those that believe my way go to heaven. Unbelievers represent a bad influence on my family therefore, others must comply with my mandate. The fact that there are alternatives does not satisfy my mandate.
Fact, If the faith has meat it stands on its own, if it does not it is a flash in the pan.
Mandating a vaccine from a corrupt government is the strongest reason to resist it, especiAlly since alternatives exist which they strongly condemn.
Furthermore these vaccines have had thousands of injuries and fatalities, alternatives have not produced. This known world wide.
For this reason many reject the jab.
Secondly they are operating under emergency basis with out liability , This is wrong.
I do not trust the FDA, nor the CDC, nor the AMA. The whole world knows they are fraudulent , another reason to suspect something fishy going on.
There are reports of nano particles in the jab some have even been contaminated with other metals and returned to the manufacture.
Lastly, in many cases the injection is improperly administered, being injected in the bloodstream. And not in the muscle, creating blood clots and other issues throughout the body.
I have no problem with a true vaccine but these being PUSHED are not IMO.
I chose ivermectin, even though iI had coved 19 and overcame it on my own . I believe people have the right to choose alternative medicines.
Before coved no one cared, even though other flu circulated, it was not made an issue. But true to democrat protocol, never let a disaster go to waste, they will milk this as far as they can.
And you are who? … that readers should trust any more than the *other guys*?

Old 10-21-2021, 01:58 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
Not so fast. This covid shot mandate isn’t quite the slam dunk you think it is.

https://constitutioncenter.org/inter...ccine-mandates

A mandate like this from employers has never been done like this before where one size fits all. Employers must comply with the reasonable accommodation provisions of the ADA and Title seven of the Civil Rights Act of 64 and other EEO considerations. There are going to be numerous lawsuits on these mandates.
Did you even read that? It basically supports the legitimacy of a state to order vaccine mandates. How is a cop going to make his/her case for refusing a vaccine by relying on the ADA? You don't stay a cop very long if you are disabled. But I will leave it to you to specifically explain how young healthy cops can rely upon any of those sources to avoid getting vaccinated.

Old 10-21-2021, 02:02 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Not really. Yeah, yeah I'm familiar with what you're alluding to here but READ the case. It's noteworthy that Henning Jacobson and his son never ended up getting vaccinated and paid the $5 fine. That case in particular isn't relevant to all the current litigation either. Besides that, century old case law is exactly the sort of thing that is ripe for review and being overturned. Supreme court decisions aren't immutable. That's the whole point of having an evolving and adaptive system of laws.

You should also read our governor's defense of his prison guard mandate exception where the state quotes Jacobson v. Mass. -- that's what I was talking about earlier when I said California is playing both sides of the argument, but citing the same material to do it. It would be funny if it weren't so painfully hypocritical. They're going to undermine their own cause just to make that political payback. If they can unstick the mandate for the prison guards, they will be setting precedent for others to do the same.

Also, I still think the LAPD/LA public employees cases are ultimately labor/contract issues, not pure vaccine mandate issues. LA city is the employee, so in effect, they're trying to impose contract language via this mandate without it being negotiated. There's a lot of wiggle room here, hence, it's uncharted waters in a lot of ways.

That's all I meant.
Maybe you should read this: https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/R/R46745

Old 10-21-2021, 03:23 PM

113 posts, read 54,268 times
For people who genuinely want to understand the risk/ advantages of vaccine and to learn more about covid induced health issues,

https://medium.com/microbial-instinc...t-42b1a98dae27

https://medium.com/microbial-instinc...ed-51baf115698

Old 10-21-2021, 04:49 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,316,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Over 3,000 members of the LAPD have sought religious or personal exemptions....that isn't exactly "a few."
How many of those 3,000 are naturally immune? How many of those 3,000 will contract covid and cause a super spreading event? We are in the realm of insanity.

Old 10-21-2021, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
What is wrong with you?
Goodheathen is an ideologue. That’s the problem.

Old 10-21-2021, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Did you even read that? It basically supports the legitimacy of a state to order vaccine mandates. How is a cop going to make his/her case for refusing a vaccine by relying on the ADA? You don't stay a cop very long if you are disabled. But I will leave it to you to specifically explain how young healthy cops can rely upon any of those sources to avoid getting vaccinated.
It doesn’t state it supports the mandates of this covid vaccine and that mandates must follow and accommodate provisions. There are police officers that may be high risk to vaccinations. Because a police officer has certain disabilities doesn’t equate to them not being able to conduct the duties required of a police officer. Clearly, you failed in comprehending this article.

Old 10-21-2021, 05:02 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,457,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Our courts of law have the only opinion that counts though.

Though, you and others continue to miss that there are nuances within the decisions and written opinions of the judicial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles