Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2021, 02:18 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,369,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
Not everyone is required to get vaccinated. Those who are younger and healthy are not high risk, yet they are mandated to be vaccinated? Those who have natural immunity are not high risk. Why can’t you grasp that? So we are to listen to quack TV doctors and government bureaucrats instead?
Hey officer I wander through these forums mostly just for fun and sport … intellectual exercise … hunting down absurdities and illogicalities. I don’t have a mission. Don’t have any illusions about righting wrongs or changing society. Etc.

What is your mission here? What do you think can come of your incessant arguments? What do you expect from all this effort you invest? Just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2021, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Every six months or more isn't reasonable in the long run, especially with the greater pain and other side effects from the COVID vaccines. We need better, more effective vaccines.
And I’ll ask you the same thing I just asked our good friend the retired peace officer from NYC ^^^.

Old 10-25-2021, 02:35 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,317,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Still projecting, eh officer? Lol

Projection
Reviewed by Psychology Today Staff

Projection is the process of displacing one’s feelings onto a different person, animal, or object. The term is most commonly used to describe defensive projection—attributing one’s own unacceptable urges to another. For example, if someone continuously bullies and ridicules a peer about his insecurities, the bully might be projecting his own struggle with self-esteem onto the other person.
A piece of advise, Don’t give up your day job.

Old 10-25-2021, 02:37 PM

Quote:
A piece of advise, Don’t give up your day job.
What day job? I’m retired.

You didn’t answer my questions. Which, of course, you don’t need to. I’m just curious

Old 10-25-2021, 02:39 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,888,687 times
Quote:
Not everyone is required to get vaccinated. Those who are younger and healthy are not high risk, yet they are mandated to be vaccinated? Those who have natural immunity are not high risk. Why can’t you grasp that? So we are to listen to quack TV doctors and government bureaucrats instead?
Everyone who is around others is at tangible risk of transmitting COVID. Side note: it would be highly legally dubious if the mandate only applied to older workers, due to age-discrimination laws.

Except maybe jail employees, in no occupation has a majority of workers been infected.

People who claim natural immunity might have those antibodies, but clearly they don't want to know or share evidence. It's as useless as someone who tries meet the vaccine mandate without showing the vaccine card. That approach, like lawsuits, is probably more about bogging down the system than trying to find a mutually satisfying solution. The government is bad enough about testing and verifying vaccinated status that it can't afford another layer of unsettled-science antibody measurement in the mix.

There is no such thing as too many antibodies to COVID or probably anything other invader. Look how that's not listed as a risk.
https://combatcovid.hhs.gov/i-have-c...itive-patients

Nobody believes COVID-19 can be eradicated any time in the foreseeable future, almost nobody believes that vaccines prevent all infections, etc.

You probably know all this, you just want to make others here unhappier by the bad things you write.

Old 10-25-2021, 02:43 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,888,687 times
Quote:
And I’ll ask you the same thing I just asked our good friend the retired peace officer from NYC ^^^.
I expect some readers to become more knowledgeable per info I post and to identify and fight back against cognitively contagious nonsense. Also, I hope I'm encouraging pro-vaccine people to not be complacent with the current vaccines. There needs to be pressure on pharmaceutical companies to do better. Better products also are will help lessen the number of people who aren't generally anti-vaccine but think the COVID options aren't worth it.

Old 10-25-2021, 03:02 PM

Quote:
I expect some readers to become more knowledgeable per info I post and to identify and fight back against cognitively contagious nonsense. Also, I hope I'm encouraging pro-vaccine people to not be complacent with the current vaccines. There needs to be pressure on pharmaceutical companies to do better. Better products also are will help lessen the number of people who aren't generally anti-vaccine but think the COVID options aren't worth it.
Ok. Thanks for the nice straight answer. So, you’re on a mission and you think this forum can make a difference.

Old 10-25-2021, 04:38 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,317,273 times
Quote:
Hey officer I wander through these forums mostly just for fun and sport … intellectual exercise … hunting down absurdities and illogicalities. I don’t have a mission. Don’t have any illusions about righting wrongs or changing society. Etc.

What is your mission here? What do you think can come of your incessant arguments? What do you expect from all this effort you invest? Just curious.
Having fun, just like you.

Old 10-25-2021, 04:59 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,458,022 times
Quote:

A spokeswoman for the governor said all but one of the 148 employees in Newsom's office are vaccinated, with that person subject to the weekly testing protocol. Even more embarrassing. Must be a prison guard.

Old 10-25-2021, 05:33 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,458,022 times
NYPD suing to block their mandate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles