Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2021, 06:00 AM

2,378 posts, read 1,316,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
‘There you go again,’ as Reagan used to say. No, you don’t *know* “ the covid shot does not prevent infection or the spread of infection ” … All reported credible research and trials say it DOES ‘prevent’,*in the majority of individuals*. … but, true, not in 100% of individuals.

You, and I, and everyone else on this forum are in-experts who merely subsume what we read from internet and media quoting both actual experts and a variety of unqualified theorists. It’s all a lot of armchair chatter here swirling like a dust storm.
There I go again, what? It is proven that the covid shot does not prevent infection. Do you not research? You do not know that the covid shot prevents infection in the majority of individuals. No one knows that. You are the one making a scientific claim right there without the science being settled. You are doing exactly what you are preaching against. It is a fact, the science is settled that the covid shot does not prevent infection and does not prevent spread of covid, especially with the Delta variant. If infection and spread is rare among the unvaccinated, both my wife and I were infected and she did spread it to me. No one knows the likelihood of infection and spread among the vaccinated. It’s all a guess. What we do know is the shot helps prevent serious illness and death as so does natural immunity which there are studies that show natural immunity is as strong or stronger than the covid shot. So explain how covid shot mandates are necessary if the vaccine doesn’t prevent infection and spread? How can an argument be made for an individual who has natural immunity to get the jab?

Last edited by Nyfinestbxtf; 10-25-2021 at 06:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2021, 10:45 AM

^^^These mandates are not guided by science, they are guided by something else. There is nothing scientific about covid shot mandates.

Old 10-25-2021, 11:23 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,885,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
I agree having been previously infected and then getting the vaccine may provide better protection, but we also do not know the risk in getting the vaccine after being previously infected. How do you mandate an individual to get a covid shot if they already have immunity?

Of course no one should find ways to infect themselves every several months. Are you suggesting mandatory covid shots in perpetuity? I’m sure big Pharma would love that.
Are you going to make bad arguments in perpetuity? Do you know how many hours of my time you've wasted?

To the destroy newest argument, they aren't offering any evidence of immunity, and I don't think there are any case reports of anyone, in likely millions of theoretically possible cases, needing urgent medical care due to being vaccinated when already having strong antibodies per prior infection. Most cops and most other municipal employees don't have natural immunity and many are unvaccinated and they do have exposure risk, hence the mandate, and it is not worth the trouble of exempting some who might have antibodies (unless illness was so recent that there's no chance of getting sick or contagious very soon) and eventually they won't have them. "Would this have a chance of working in court?" No. Stop it.

Last edited by goodheathen; 10-25-2021 at 11:36 AM..

Old 10-25-2021, 11:54 AM

embarrassing
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/th...?ocid=msedgntp

Old 10-25-2021, 01:12 PM

113 posts, read 54,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Are you going to make bad arguments in perpetuity? Do you know how many hours of my time you've wasted?

To the destroy newest argument, they aren't offering any evidence of immunity, and I don't think there are any case reports of anyone, in likely millions of theoretically possible cases, needing urgent medical care due to being vaccinated when already having strong antibodies per prior infection. Most cops and most other municipal employees don't have natural immunity and many are unvaccinated and they do have exposure risk, hence the mandate, and it is not worth the trouble of exempting some who might have antibodies (unless illness was so recent that there's no chance of getting sick or contagious very soon) and eventually they won't have them. "Would this have a chance of working in court?" No. Stop it.
It's a complete waste of time. If the doctors couldn't persuade them then I don't know who can. It's amazing to see ppl who are not educated enough talk like an expert and keep saying do research, sharing articles from quacks.

Old 10-25-2021, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post

And yet there you are wasting your own time replying to my bad arguments. As I have stated, you’re an ideologue.

Can you cite where there is no evidence of immunity for those who have been previously infected?

Yes, I support the vaccine and I believe the vaccine does prevent hospitalization and death. What I do not support as you do, all those who are not vaccinated are to be forced against their will to be vaccinated. There is no scientific evidence that supports mandated covid shot when one, the vaccine doesn’t prevent infection, two, the vaccine doesn’t prevent spread, and lastly those who have been previously infected ready have natural immunity. To say they don’t goes against science. There are numerous studies that show previous covid infection provide immunity as effective, up to being more effective than the vaccine.

How do you know most cops do not have natural immunity? You do not know that. For those who already have natural immunity, how can you make a scientific argument that they still require a vaccination which can cause complications due to already being naturally immune? Has that question crossed your mind? That is a legitimate concern. What about those who are high risk to vaccinations? Nope. Shvt up and get the shot! There is zero, zero evidence that a vaccine mandate will eradicate covid. There will never be a 100% vaccination rate. It will not happen.

And now you are making an argument that unless you were recently infected? How recent? Just stop!

Old 10-25-2021, 01:43 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
I agree having been previously infected and then getting the vaccine may provide better protection, but we also do not know the risk in getting the vaccine after being previously infected. How do you mandate an individual to get a covid shot if they already have immunity?
Of course no one should find ways to infect themselves every several months. Are you suggesting mandatory covid shots in perpetuity? I’m sure big Pharma would love that.
How do we know if a person has immunity? Two doctors at UC Davis told me that immunity from having Covid can last as little as 3 months. And what is this about "we don't know the risk in getting the vaccine after previously being infected" People have been getting vaccinated after having covid for over a year and according to one source:

Quote:
In addition, COVID-19 vaccination might offer better protection than getting sick with COVID-19. A recent study showed that unvaccinated people who already had COVID-19 are more than twice as likely as fully vaccinated people to get reinfected with COVID-19. https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavir...eady-had-covid
And so what if we need a booster every 6 months? I've been getting a flu shot every year for over 20 years, it takes about 5 minutes.

Old 10-25-2021, 01:57 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,361,136 times
Quote:
And yet there you are wasting your own time replying to my bad arguments. As I have stated, you’re an ideologue.

..!
Still projecting, eh officer? Lol

Projection
Reviewed by Psychology Today Staff

Projection is the process of displacing one’s feelings onto a different person, animal, or object. The term is most commonly used to describe defensive projection—attributing one’s own unacceptable urges to another. For example, if someone continuously bullies and ridicules a peer about his insecurities, the bully might be projecting his own struggle with self-esteem onto the other person.

Old 10-25-2021, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcp86 View Post
It's a complete waste of time. If the doctors couldn't persuade them then I don't know who can. It's amazing to see ppl who are not educated enough talk like an expert and keep saying do research, sharing articles from quacks.
Not everyone is required to get vaccinated. Those who are younger and healthy are not high risk, yet they are mandated to be vaccinated? Those who have natural immunity are not high risk. Why can’t you grasp that? So we are to listen to quack TV doctors and government bureaucrats instead?

Old 10-25-2021, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
How do we know if a person has immunity? Two doctors at UC Davis told me that immunity from having Covid can last as little as 3 months. And what is this about "we don't know the risk in getting the vaccine after previously being infected" People have been getting vaccinated after having covid for over a year and according to one source:

And so what if we need a booster every 6 months? I've been getting a flu shot every year for over 20 years, it takes about 5 minutes.
Every six months or more isn't reasonable in the long run, especially with the greater pain and other side effects from the COVID vaccines. We need better, more effective vaccines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles