Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2021, 06:55 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,405,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach5 View Post
With the migration home of college students...Expect Omicron to be unleased all over the US in the next two weeks, just in time for Christmas gatherings.
You were just predicting Armageddon after Thanksgiving (for the second time). Now it’s Christmas (for a second time). Oh yes, I forgot about the dire influenza warning. Do you see a pattern here? Just wait 2 weeks…

You can always travel to South Africa for Christmas if you are worried. After all cases are plummeting there and hospitalizations are low compared with previous waves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2021, 08:29 PM

943 posts, read 410,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
You were just predicting Armageddon after Thanksgiving (for the second time). Now it’s Christmas (for a second time). Oh yes, I forgot about the dire influenza warning. Do you see a pattern here? Just wait 2 weeks…

You can always travel to South Africa for Christmas if you are worried. After all cases are plummeting there and hospitalizations are low compared with previous waves.
Well - I was correct about the Thanksgiving spike, which anybody not living in a cave or off-grid would know. Doesn't mean that things can't still get worse.
I have read that the South Africa data drop is due to a data reporting issue. https://twitter.com/SteveMillerOC/st...86665280516097 We'll see soon enough.
They think in a couple of days, Omicron will be more than 50% of cases in Denmark. Denmark is already imposing new restrictions: "The new restrictions include closing primary schools from Dec. 15 and restaurants and bars from midnight on Friday. They also encourage Danes to work from home and cancel social gatherings such as Christmas parties" https://kfgo.com/2021/12/08/denmark-...-restrictions/

Old 12-13-2021, 05:22 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
You were just predicting Armageddon after Thanksgiving
It’s more like Gotterdammerung here in Bristol County. Florida Man, north. The plague of the unvaccinated and unboosted. An unvaccinated 74 year old neighbor just went off in an ambulance. Jabbed, boosted, and with an N95 mask and hand hygiene, my perceived risk is pretty low.

Old 12-13-2021, 05:41 AM

2,368 posts, read 1,856,713 times
Christmas in Florida this year

Old 12-13-2021, 08:48 AM

6,132 posts, read 5,103,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
But if it were a video showing what appears to be police brutality I think your response would be different. I've seen a ton of video footage directly by people at the protests nationwide, not media. In contrast you're talking about a few protests. I don't see either as solid proof of anything but it's quite apparent that there was quite a bit of non compliance with masks and social distancing and the "medical professional" mixed messages are my issue. The existence of the article supports this. Example, does this photo look like social distancing? And I see a lot of masks and a lot of bare faces. https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/healt...rnd/index.html
The life and death thing is a red herring. You didn't save any lives, in fact some of the protests resulted in dozens of dead.
This is what I was referring to. From last June.

“The vast majority of the folks who participated in those demonstrations were wearing masks or face coverings of one kind or another,” the Republican governor said. “In many cases, they were moving, which I think made a big difference. And of course, they all took place outside, which we all agree is a far safer environment than indoors.”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/06/...e-coronavirus/

Old 12-13-2021, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
They were about death, for sure. Pretty good-sized body count across the multitude of gatherings, but the real legacy is that the national homicide rate went up significantly immediately thereafter.

Thanks for calling the human activities that were stolen from the people in the name of "public health" "frivolous," though. You have revealed exactly who you are.
Is that what Newsmax is telling you? Right after the latest "caravans of brown invaders" story.

Old 12-13-2021, 09:01 AM

Well, looks like my employer is either thinking the Jan 4 mandate will stand, or is contemplating following it regardless. They just asked us to upload our vax certificates by the end of next week.

Last sentence in the communication:

"If you fail to complete the questionnaire in full, you will be deemed as unvaccinated and subject to policies and procedures applicable to unvaccinated employees."

Old 12-13-2021, 09:55 AM

4,665 posts, read 4,980,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Is that what Newsmax is telling you? Right after the latest "caravans of brown invaders" story.
I live in a plurality-black city by choice, so I think your level of understanding of who you're talking to is the same as your level of desire to get into a fact-based discussion about crime rates before and after George Floyd: zero.

Old 12-13-2021, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
I live in a plurality-black city by choice, so I think your level of understanding of who you're talking to is the same as your level of desire to get into a fact-based discussion about crime rates before and after George Floyd: zero.
This doesn't belong in a coronavirus thread.

Good for you on the above, but if you read carefully, my statement is more about Newsmax and the typical fearmongering that comes out of them.

Old 12-13-2021, 10:16 AM

4,665 posts, read 4,980,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
This doesn't belong in a coronavirus thread.

Good for you on the above, but if you read carefully, my statement is more about Newsmax and the typical fearmongering that comes out of them.
Why not? Is it because it's a fact?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts