Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2023, 08:59 AM

3,620 posts, read 1,844,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iced_Coffee View Post
Westwood is VERY nice. It also has two distinct sides of town. The northern/northwestern ends of town near Dover, Needham, even Medfield happen to be extremely nice. Think wooded and leafy with legitimate mansions, winding country roads with stone walls and privacy, etc. The other side of town, closer to Norwood and Dedham, is still nice but definitely has a more every-day middle-class vibe. That's changing every year and you'll still find plenty of multimillion dollar homes sprinkled throughout, but you'll also find plenty of 1500 square foot capes and ranches. I'm guessing your encounter with the coffee-thrower likely happened in the latter part of town since that's also where a number of the major traffic intersections are. And there's a good chance the person was from a neighboring town.

I've spent a lot of time in Westwood at various points in life and it's generally a very subdued town with not a lot going on outside of the schools and stuff for families/kids (for most residents, that's a feature).
It definitely wasn't in the leafy, winding road part of town! This guy struck me as the type that would be an actual wife beater not just wearing a wife beater. Seemed like such a rage filled individual with no self restraint....if that's what he's doing to random strangers, I worry if he has a wife or children and how he treats them! Bananas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2023, 09:00 AM

23,565 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
It definitely wasn't in the leafy, winding road part of town! This guy struck me as the type that would be an actual wife beater not just wearing a wife beater. Seemed like such a rage filled individual with no self restraint....I worry if he has a wife or children!

How do you know he was from Westwood? You know a lot of people do pass through that town right?

Old 08-15-2023, 09:02 AM

16,403 posts, read 8,198,277 times
you might as well say Dedham is posh too then if you're basing it on the top of the market homes:

https://www.redfin.com/MA/Dedham/254...6/home/8850547

https://www.redfin.com/MA/Dedham/577...6/home/8850730

I'm not saying Westwood isn't nice, it is...just not sure I'd call the whole town posh.

Old 08-15-2023, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
How do you know he was from Westwood? You know a lot of people do pass through that town right?
I have no clue where he's from...and didn't make any assumptions...just asked a question if Westwood has a lot of angry wife beater type men b/c that's the town my encounter was in and I've never had such an encounter anywhere else before!

Old 08-15-2023, 09:04 AM

Default re

Quote:
I have no clue where he's from...and didn't make any assumptions...just asked a question if Westwood has a lot of angry wife beater type men b/c that's the town my encounter was in and I've never had such an encounter anywhere else before!
I mean, poshy, classy, educated, end all be all of towns Newton had an angry wife beater type of man:

https://www.boston25news.com/news/lo...DBAB2PVNGLECE/

they can be anywhere

Old 08-15-2023, 09:05 AM

Quote:

Yeah I've never noticed. Maybe Dedham or Norwood back in the day, but they're both a lot more "polished" now as well.

Old 08-15-2023, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I mean, poshy, classy, educated, end all be all of towns Newton had an angry wife beater type of man:

https://www.boston25news.com/news/lo...DBAB2PVNGLECE/

they can be anywhere

He's a yuppie psychopath, totally different ballgame from the greaser in the lifted pickup (who chances are was leaving work to drive home to Bellingham).

Old 08-15-2023, 09:15 AM

Quote:
He's a yuppie psychopath, totally different ballgame from the greaser in the lifted pickup (who chances are was leaving work to drive home to Bellingham).
Exactly....the Newton psycho likely didn't lash out at randoms on his way to work....other one is another story....he's a blue collar construction guy, just smoked his 6th straight marlboro light with dunks in hand, he makes his own rules and no one better get in his path or tell him he does anything wrong or else.

Old 08-15-2023, 09:15 AM

Default re

Quote:
lol. wow no one here ever stereotypes.

Old 08-15-2023, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
lol. wow no one here ever stereotypes.

Isn't that what this thread is about? Or many of the topics that get tossed around this forum?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts