Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 12:01 PM

419 posts, read 998,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
I understand the remainder of your post but what is urban lifestyle?
Urban lifestyle is a lifestyle pertaining to city life and urban culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 12:06 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
Well I have lived in the urban city all of my life and do not recognize anything about Urban Beach Weekend.
I see it is a grand sounding name for somethng which cannot be accurately described.

Post #60 is more exact obviously. Wonder why you did not answer candidly?

Old 04-30-2012, 12:09 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfside__ View Post
Urban lifestyle is a lifestyle pertaining to city life and urban culture.
Which is? Care to explain it a little more? City life and urban culture are vague terms.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:57 PM

More specifically hip hop culture

"Urban beach weekend" That's why you see all this hip hop related stuff there.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:16 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
But in post 59 you write as if they are two subjects: hip hop and urban culture. I get the hip hop so what is urban culture again? Above you mentioned more specifically hip hop culture. So what is the clarification of urban culture that makes parts of it both hip hop and also not part of hip hop?

Or, as mentioned in 59, a euphemism for show boating in youthful fashion? It is ok. We did similar in our youth in Spring Break. We just did not link with a quasi important cultural connection. It was just act foolish before being full fledged adults, get drunk and mess with coeds we would never see again.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:00 PM

Hip hop culture and urban culture are basically the same thing.

Now living in an urban enviorment is different from having an urban lifestyle

although you can be living in an urban enviorment and also have an urban lifestyle

Old 04-30-2012, 02:06 PM

So, what is hip hop culture? I thought it was just a type of music.

And why is this hip hop culture only associated with urban culture? (you still have not stated what urban culture is, nor city life).

Old 04-30-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
So, what is hip hop culture? I thought it was just a type of music.

And why is this hip hop culture only associated with urban culture? (you still have not stated what urban culture is, nor city life).
Hip hop is more than just music it's a lifestyle.

Just like how in the 60's their was the whole hippie movement.

Hip hop culture is associated only with urban culture because that is where it originates from is from city/street life.

I really hope I dont have to explain A, B, C , D , E to you.

Just because you live in a city, doesnt mean you are living an urban lifestyle.

Living in a dense location in a city you may be living in a urban enviorment, but that doesn't particuluarly mean you are living an urban lifestyle.

Quote via Urban Dictionary

"Hip Hop
Urban Dictionary: hip-hop

First of all, hip-hop is more than the 'four elements'. If our culture is limited to writing illegible crap on walks, and yelling into a microphone, then it's not that great of a culture at all.

Hip Hop is the way we talk, the way we act, our fashion, our lifestyle, and our people. It's the culture of the streets,

Secondly, hip hop is NOT a music genre. Like my man said below me, rap is something you do, hip hop is something you live. Rap is just a part of hip hop, and frankly it's the part that is pretty much selling-out and ****ting on it as well.
'Hip Hop is the culture of the streets. The voice of the urban community. The uniter of minorities.' - J2G

hip-hop
The expression of the relationship between urban youth and their environment. The art of the streets.
Graffiti. DJing. MCing. B-Boying. B-Girling. Break dancing. Poetry. Tattoos. Rhythm. Blues.

HIP-HOP
Hip Hop is a cultural movement expressed through the tradional elements of deejaying, emceeing, various forms of dance (breaking, popping, locking) and writing (graf art). As a culture, hip hop represents other aspects of culture as well such as language, style of dress, politics, etc. Hip hop is life!

"

Old 04-30-2012, 02:56 PM

"The uniter of minorities"

So it is for minorities? And minorities as defined by?

"Hip Hop is the way we talk, the way we act, our fashion, our lifestyle, and our people. It's the culture of the streets,"

Which means? This is very vague.

"The expression of the relationship between urban youth and their environment."

Again, vague.

"Hip Hop is a cultural movement expressed through the tradional elements of deejaying, emceeing, various forms of dance (breaking, popping, locking) and writing (graf art)."

So basically music and dancing, like every other music genre out there has, except for the cirminal act and vandalizing is what "writing (graf art)" is.

"Just like how in the 60's their was the whole hippie movement."

Yes, but that is defined, I still have not found the definition or description of what hip hop culture is, past everyone trying to convince it is more than music and it is just for minorities.

"Just because you live in a city, doesnt mean you are living an urban lifestyle.

Living in a dense location in a city you may be living in a urban enviorment, but that doesn't particuluarly mean you are living an urban lifestyle."

Yet you still have not stated what an urban lifestyle is. You have now stated living in an urban area does not mean you live an urban lifestyle; so someone has a claim to what an urban lifestyle is? I am not being hard heading, I am wondering what an urban lifestyle is, specifics please, and I am wondering what a hip hop culture is because the explanations you provided are vague and do not define it at all.

Thanks!

Old 04-30-2012, 03:05 PM

It's difficult to explain to somebody that doesn't have a single clue of what's already been explained over and over again,

If you want to see it for yourself, I suggest you participate in " Urban beach weekend"

Hip Hop is an urban culture lifestyle, that's as simple as it can be explained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami