Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2010, 04:45 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,200,080 times

Advertisements

TBS, I find Miami to be top of the nut compared to what it was a decade ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 12:39 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,790,056 times
I grew up in Miami and have lived in Nashville (currently), Orlando (the last 10 years), and small towns in California, Florida, and Texas. There is a different feeling in the air in Miami of taking preventative steps for safety compared to most other places I've been, but still I wouldn't want to end up in a neighborhood in any other city where there was a ghetto area that I didn't have friends in. That's all it boils down to really is that if you know people in an area bad/good then you would be less likely to smell like an outsider and be targeted for invading someone's territory.

Here are some areas in Orlando and Nashville that I wouldn't make my way down to unless I had some business being there or some friends to visit...

Orlando
Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

Nashville
Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

Old 08-10-2010, 07:05 AM

10 posts, read 63,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCkid View Post
What's up with the fascination of poor folks on this board anyway? lol

To answer the question, I still think you can drive through any metropolitan area in the United States and find pictures like this. Even other parts of Florida like Belle Glade, Immokalee, and parts of Orlando.

So I rank every poor area in the US the same. A starving child is a starving child whether he lives in Liberty City or Seattle, Washington. A robbery is a robbery whether its in DC or Baltimore. You can't really make an argument that one city is worse than the next. I mean what can you say "this neighborhood has broken gates while this neighborhood has cruddy looking cars so I rank this neighborhood higher".

To be honest, some of those pictures weren't actually that bad.

Seriously don't bring up Immokale a town of like 18,000 mexican farm workers cause they had like 2 homicides in the whole year while Miami had 2 homicides the first day of the year, so a little town doesnt equal ghetto

Old 08-10-2010, 07:16 AM

10 posts, read 63,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banx View Post
Well I will say this, some ghettos in miami look years better than some ghetto's in Chicago (usually the African-American ones). However, others look years behind. The ghetto's that are mostly all houses with yards I would say don't look too bad at all, but other ghetto's I have seen in Miami that look identical to Jamaican neighborhoods and towns in Jamaica are terrible. My brother lives in Jamaica and I would literally at moments forget I was in the US and had to blink twice. Some areas seriously looked identical to Jamaica, it was crazy, like entire communities made out of one room square shacks built out of wood or tin sheets, people selling water bottles in the street at intersections, similiar looking decrepid bars and buildings that people would still actually hang out at, etc. On another note though, some ghettos in Miami though I know people in Chicago would kill to live in them, especially people who are living in Chicago's projects. These neighborhoods in Miami, comparitively speaking, really aren't that bad looking (usually the African-American neighborhoods) compared to other ghetto's and projects in bigger cities. But those Carribean ghetto's were awful, and barely liveable... lookin at some of em, I wonder if they even had running water or electricity- probably not.
I'm tired of hereing about.."well this ghetto is way worse or blah blah".. not really a bullet from a miami project will kill you weather your from compton the south bronx or even yes CHICAGO. No ones denying chiacago has tough hoods like alot of places but you all act like "you cant compare" WHY NOT THERE BOTH POOR GHETTO DANGEROUS areas stop reppin your hoods bad is bad come to a miami project & see if someone gives a **** your from chi town or anywhere same thing vice versa people from miami dont go to some bad hood somewhere actin like nothing will happen you gotta watch you back in AMERICAN GHETTOS point blank now LONDON ha ha there i would feel safe there hoods are a joke (I guess thats a good thing)

Old 08-10-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2MFP View Post
I'm tired of hereing about.."well this ghetto is way worse or blah blah".. not really a bullet from a miami project will kill you weather your from compton the south bronx or even yes CHICAGO. No ones denying chiacago has tough hoods like alot of places but you all act like "you cant compare" WHY NOT THERE BOTH POOR GHETTO DANGEROUS areas stop reppin your hoods bad is bad come to a miami project & see if someone gives a **** your from chi town or anywhere same thing vice versa people from miami dont go to some bad hood somewhere actin like nothing will happen you gotta watch you back in AMERICAN GHETTOS point blank now LONDON ha ha there i would feel safe there hoods are a joke (I guess thats a good thing)

That's the truth man...When I was young, dumb, and full of ____ I moved from Miami to Nashville expecting to be a person that nobody could _____ with because in my mind Nashville was a country, redneck, small town compared to Miami and what I saw in Miami. Well, that mentality got me into some trouble my first year in Nashville. One night I went to a gas station to by some snacks and I had my Miami Heat Jersey on ect... and my "I'm not afraid of _____ up here attitude". Well, as I walked in the gas station I noticed a group of about 8 or 9 guys just chillin over by some cars and I walked into the Nashville gas station around 9 or 10 pm that night to get me some snacks. I got in there and some big musclebound dude gave me a look that I didn't like too much.

So, I stared him down and he walked out of the place. I had won the battle because I was born and raised in the county of Dade right? Wrong, because as I walked out of the gas station I looked over and noticed that big dude was friends with those 8 or 9 guys and 2 of em got up in my face and the big dude said, "I'm a bad boy, you don't want to do anything but get in your ____car" as he showed me this scar on his forearm which looked like he was stabbed there. I saw the other guys getting all loud and a couple more started walking over, so I just got the hell out of there because I wasn't getting jumped by 9 guys.

The guy actually forced me into the car as I told him why he had to have all his friends back there? But that didn't matter because this Miami boy got humbled and luckily made a good choice to swallow my pride at that moment and live another day. It can happen anywhere man. I got robbed at gunpoint in Orlando and had a knife in my face another time in Orlando too. I only saw friends with guns in Miami and saw a fair share of fights too, but bad things can happen anywhere man.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:24 AM

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

That was a nice read

keep them coming XD

Old 08-10-2010, 08:27 AM

3 posts, read 8,804 times
Thumbs up Positivity

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrabee View Post
you know you gotta be careful when you put people, places, and things down because you might end up there one day. god bless those that can keep a roof over there families head. those pictures are luxurious compared to other countries. i would rather live poor in miami than live poor in another country, god bless
That's true be thankful for what u have and learn to pray for others it could be you living in poverty with no
survival skills u would starve appreciate what u have

Old 08-10-2010, 08:29 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,063,350 times
razorob, next time try Memphis and let us know what happens.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
razorob, next time try Memphis and let us know what happens.

Why are you an expert on the ins an outs and everyday life of Tennessee ghettos now and Colombia's slums too? There won't be a next time because that night I learned not to carry my pride around and think I was some supernatural person just because I am from a certain area. _______ can happen in every city you have a ghetto in. No one is immune from violence just because you come from a bigger city or a city that is more known for crime. Believe me, I used to be dumb enough to beleive that myself till that guy taught me my lesson in swallowing pride.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:44 AM

But but.... it wasn't just only a guy but 9 dudes, who happened to be friends of that guy. I mean, that's some serious _____________ right there (lol)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami