Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 01:35 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,109,500 times

Advertisements

Blinkers anyone? geesh!

Stop texting! I don't know how many honks I have left in my horn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 03:30 PM

146 posts, read 388,412 times
Well, my luck has run out. Last night coming home from work I got pulled over on the Highway by Holt. 72 in a 55, $216 ticket....really don't need this I'm saving to go back to school. I talked to a lawyer and he said he could get it reduced to a parking ticket if I paid $295 + 100 for the laywer. The other option he said is he can get it reduced to defective speedometer if I pay the fine and give him $100.

I'm thinking if I go to court myself I can get it reduced to defective speedometer so I dunno if the lawyer is worth it.

Perhaps I'll slow down a little.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:13 PM

167 posts, read 315,562 times
Usually if you go to court and plea No Contest the judge will offer a reduced point fine and change the charge from Speeding to Disobeying a Posted Sign or some such crap. The fine goes up a little but usually the points go away after a year and the charge doesn't hit you on insurance like Speeding. I wouldn't bother with the lawyer - just not worth it.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:37 PM

Yeah that sounds like the best course of action. My friend has gone there by himself a few times and each time they drop it to defective speedometer and 2 points.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Blinkers anyone? geesh!

Stop texting! I don't know how many honks I have left in my horn.
It's because they're out of blinker fluid.....

Seriously when I worked at a serive shop an elderly lady asked me to check her blinker fluid for her. I tried so hard not to crack up and assured her that I would top off her blinker fluid.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:36 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,263,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultracorp View Post
It's because they're out of blinker fluid.....

Seriously when I worked at a serive shop an elderly lady asked me to check her blinker fluid for her. I tried so hard not to crack up and assured her that I would top off her blinker fluid.
To go along with the high compression bumper nuts that all SUV's require

Old 11-17-2010, 09:58 AM

483 posts, read 1,221,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
LOL Rep +6. This is one of my fav's as well.

I have two stories:

One I passed a MKE Sheriff at 65 in a 50 and he just looked over at me and that was it. I always do 10 over on freeways and usually 40-45 on side streets like 27th street.

Another time when I was 21 and stupid I was going for a drive at 830 pm in july. I just installed a new stereo and decided to try it out by driving the freeway loop aka 894/94. I was doing 80/85 when a black Tahoe pulled up next to me and I thought great! here is a suv, all black and 5% tint so I can't see who is inside. As we are driving through the Plain-field curve at 80 mph in a 50 mph he rolls down his window and waves! IT WAS 4 MILWAUKEE COUNTY SHERIFFS!!!! in a undercover SUV!

The passenger cop just waved and smiled, I with a baseball in my throat slowed way down thinking I am busted.

As they continued at 8-/85 and I slowed to 65 I notice in the back windows their cop lights in the upper right and left corner of the back window.

Obviously they weren't going to pull me over but they knew just by rolling down the window and waving, I would learn my lesson.

So beware, MKE Sheriffs have older model cars and new model cars un marked, you never know you you are riding next to.
Something similar happened to me on 290 just south of Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, a long time ago. It was about midnight and if you've driven that stretch, you know it's very easy to speed as it's 5 or 6 lanes each way and smooth. I was doing about 88-90ish, an Illinois State Police car pulled up next to me, he shined his spotlight at me so I slowed down, then he took off. Scared me good for a minute.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:35 AM

92 posts, read 229,877 times
I followed a car down Howell Ave the other morning that was in the (of course) left lane; the driver was weaving all over the road, going much less than the speed limit, and making lots of hand gestures. As each other driver passed the car on the right, they'd slow down and look in. When it was my turn (we were all waiting to get a clear shot past since the car kept jerking into the right lane), I discovered the driver was in fact using sign language to converse with the passenger. Are there guidelines/laws regarding that? I would have no problem normally, but this driver was a danger to the rest of us. Sticky situation.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:41 PM

Pardon me for reviving my old, long dead thread, but I am back in the state after living elsewhere for a year and here are some more thoughts....I put more than 2,000 miles on my car driving across the country and it seems that in every other state people are quite aware of the left lane being for passing/ faster moving traffic. Why are WI drivers still so oblivious to this fact?

I've been back here two weeks and often I'll be on 45 on off peak hours and still encounter people doing 55 in the left lane..argggg. Anywhere else people have the common sense to move out of the way if they want to drive slow. And don't get me started on the dreaded Wisconsin rolling road block which I have only seen here.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:44 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,109,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultracorp View Post
Pardon me for reviving my old, long dead thread, but I am back in the state after living elsewhere for a year and here are some more thoughts....I put more than 2,000 miles on my car driving across the country and it seems that in every other state people are quite aware of the left lane being for passing/ faster moving traffic. Why are WI drivers still so oblivious to this fact?

I've been back here two weeks and often I'll be on 45 on off peak hours and still encounter people doing 55 in the left lane..argggg. Anywhere else people have the common sense to move out of the way if they want to drive slow. And don't get me started on the dreaded Wisconsin rolling road block which I have only seen here.
Agreed. Hasn't anyone ever heard flash to pass so when I flash my brights at you I am not mad or pissed at you I am asking you nicely to move over please. If I leave them on and blast the horn then yeah MOVE IT!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee