Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 09:40 AM

202 posts, read 429,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
You say that as if it were a bad thing.
i liked things the way they were
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2020, 09:47 AM

4,868 posts, read 6,933,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBall View Post
Yep...lots of first time posters in this subforum this week, my ignore list has grown exponentially the past few days
What's wrong with being a first time poster? You were once one.

All the knowledge of the world couldn't possibly be contained in us established posters, could it?

C-D isn't an exclusive club.

No matter what the journey, it all begins with the first step.

Old 06-01-2020, 10:05 AM

61,742 posts, read 87,194,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
What's wrong with being a first time poster? You were once one.

All the knowledge of the world couldn't possibly be contained in us established posters, could it?

C-D isn't an exclusive club.

No matter what the journey, it all begins with the first step.
Exactly!!! Every single member of C-D community started with post #1.

Please stop those silly comments.

Old 06-01-2020, 12:08 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,061,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Forget the politics. Forget the riots. The winter would be enough to keep me away. I don't mind some winter. But you guys get waaaaaaaay too much.
As a New Yorker, you don't the difference between dry cold and wet cold? Dry cold is much more comfortable than the wet cold that terrorizes the East Coast at times. That wet cold goes right through to your bones.

Old 06-01-2020, 12:13 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,061,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMinneapolis View Post
the destructed areas will be bought up by megadevelopers at pennies on the dollar.
The downtown area of Minneapolis has been heavily gentrified, and it fans down to Franklin and next down to Lake Street, and some of that has already happened.

Who would have thought that one day that Harlem would be attractive to whites/yuppies! And now they're even redeeming the Bronx. One day having a Bronx address will be fashionable once again. And a light rail line extending down Lake Street would be a big boom to Lake Street, always happens in any city with light rail, the rail stops become mini-cities.

Old 06-01-2020, 05:12 PM
on3

498 posts, read 385,826 times
Stand your ground and fight for your city. Don’t let vandals continue to destroy what you worked for.

Old 06-01-2020, 05:15 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,714,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrobat612 View Post
Don't move away. Be part of your community and help rebuild! Care for your fellow citizens! I live near Uptown and don't plan on leaving at all. Being out in the community this weekend helping with cleanup and food drives strengthened my resolve.

Old 06-04-2020, 08:44 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
We could use a Minnesota winter to help quell this insanity right about now. One of the only good things about these winters is that they keep the kooks inside and off the streets half the year.
T, you can't run from liberalism. Public "education" throughout America is decidedly left, every university in America is decidedly left. I suppose you can run away from Chisago, but inevitably it's pushing to every corner of this once-fine nation.

I would say move to Canada, or even Europe, where I'm guessing your ancestors are from, but those places are what America is going to look like, top to bottom - one-party rule like California - in due time.

I'm sorry, it's just the truth. You gotta bunker down and stand up for what you believe in and what is right, where you are.

Old 06-04-2020, 08:48 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Have any of you been to Woodbury lately? Sweet jesus the forced subsidized housing out there has turned that decent little town into a unidentifiable third world nation.

And I regretfully informed some of my family that just got a place in Stillwater that the same thing is happening in that once-fine town.

Old 06-04-2020, 08:58 AM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
An honest reply from a black man who studies and pays attention to statistics.......Demographics.
Go on Wikipedia and look at the demographics of the area in 1970 and now and you figure it out.

I was also liberal Democrat by birth, then woke up some point around my 35th birthday and said what the hell I am doing??
Answer this. How would demographics make you (you personally) turn into a conservative?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul