Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 09:45 AM

15,838 posts, read 14,469,933 times

Advertisements

I'll take a wet 37 degrees over a bone dry -20 anytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
As a New Yorker, you don't the difference between dry cold and wet cold? Dry cold is much more comfortable than the wet cold that terrorizes the East Coast at times. That wet cold goes right through to your bones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 10:04 AM

73,005 posts, read 62,578,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Forget the politics. Forget the riots. The winter would be enough to keep me away. I don't mind some winter. But you guys get waaaaaaaay too much.
Winter won't keep me out of Minnesota. I also have some relatives in the Twin Cities. Up to now, Minnepolis and St. Paul are cities I would have considered moving to. Until this tension dies down, I don't know.

Old 06-04-2020, 12:29 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,492,504 times
Quote:
The downtown area of Minneapolis has been heavily gentrified, and it fans down to Franklin and next down to Lake Street, and some of that has already happened.

Who would have thought that one day that Harlem would be attractive to whites/yuppies! And now they're even redeeming the Bronx. One day having a Bronx address will be fashionable once again. And a light rail line extending down Lake Street would be a big boom to Lake Street, always happens in any city with light rail, the rail stops become mini-cities.

Lake Street always had that big city vibe, it seems like we could easily have a subway line down that road.

Old 06-04-2020, 01:55 PM

15,838 posts, read 14,469,933 times
Not that this isn't the NYC forum, but since you bring it up...

I have to drive up to Westchester from Manhatten fairly often. This has be driving out an in through the South Bronx. On my route back in, in an area that looks pretty much like a post industrial wasteland, I've watching an expensive looking high rise going up. It's kind of strange.

Of course, even before Covid, the real estate market in NYC had turned. I'm wondering who's going to be buying, or even renting these units.

Quote:
The downtown area of Minneapolis has been heavily gentrified, and it fans down to Franklin and next down to Lake Street, and some of that has already happened.

Who would have thought that one day that Harlem would be attractive to whites/yuppies! And now they're even redeeming the Bronx. One day having a Bronx address will be fashionable once again. And a light rail line extending down Lake Street would be a big boom to Lake Street, always happens in any city with light rail, the rail stops become mini-cities.

Old 06-04-2020, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Not that this isn't the NYC forum, but since you bring it up...

I have to drive up to Westchester from Manhatten fairly often. This has be driving out an in through the South Bronx. On my route back in, in an area that looks pretty much like a post industrial wasteland, I've watching an expensive looking high rise going up. It's kind of strange.

Of course, even before Covid, the real estate market in NYC had turned. I'm wondering who's going to be buying, or even renting these units.
I wouldn't want to live in NYC, at least the part of NYC you're speaking of.

Old 06-04-2020, 02:56 PM

21,629 posts, read 12,746,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Have any of you been to Woodbury lately? Sweet jesus the forced subsidized housing out there has turned that decent little town into a unidentifiable third world nation.

And I regretfully informed some of my family that just got a place in Stillwater that the same thing is happening in that once-fine town.
https://censusreporter.org/profiles/...8-woodbury-mn/

you mean 76% white Median HH Income 103k Woodbury, Miinnesota?

Minnesotans are funny.

Old 06-04-2020, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
https://censusreporter.org/profiles/...8-woodbury-mn/

you mean 76% white Median HH Income 103k Woodbury, Miinnesota?

Minnesotans are funny.
I don't think this is indicative of all Minnesotans. I know about this particular individual. Said individual made a post alluding to him hating Blacks. I view said individual as a bigot.

Old 06-04-2020, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Have any of you been to Woodbury lately? Sweet jesus the forced subsidized housing out there has turned that decent little town into a unidentifiable third world nation.

And I regretfully informed some of my family that just got a place in Stillwater that the same thing is happening in that once-fine town.

This is my hometown! a city of 70,000 people with only one rush hour bus that stops at the edge of town and you need to spend $1,500 on a 1 bedroom apartment.

Old 06-04-2020, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't think this is indicative of all Minnesotans. I know about this particular individual. Said individual made a post alluding to him hating Blacks. I view said individual as a bigot.

The upper middle class whites in Minnesota who live in the suburbs and the gentrified neighborhoods in the cities probably make up a good chunk of Minnesotas population. These people are dangerous and are passive aggressively conservative but tell people they are liberal.

Its just like the whole O.T.P thing in Atlanta.

Old 06-04-2020, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
The upper middle class whites in Minnesota who live in the suburbs and the gentrified neighborhoods in the cities probably make up a good chunk of Minnesotas population. These people are dangerous and are passive aggressively conservative but tell people they are liberal.

Its just like the whole O.P.T thing in Atlanta.
No worse than some individuals I've met in Georgia. I've also lived around people who would classified as "rednecks". As a Black person, the most racial hostility I've dealt with were those who dealt in the "redneck culture". Just my experiences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul