Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2020, 07:18 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,705,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifat View Post
Yes, you are.

That is not what I said. This is what you inferred and then interpreted in a way that was never my intention.

I agree I shouldn't have articulated it that way; I was simply saying in relation to the events of a few weeks ago.
You minimized the surge in violence in Minneapolis because of the neighborhoods in which it occurred. Think about that.

Obviously, you wouldn’t make outright racist statements, but that stuff is inside all of us and it just has a way of popping out sometimes.

It doesn’t make you a bad person, unless you won’t recognize it. No further discussion is necessary. It is not my aim to shame you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2020, 08:03 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,087,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
You minimized the surge in violence in Minneapolis because of the neighborhoods in which it occurred. Think about that.
I replied to a person implying the Twin Cities are unsafe for a family to visit. You countered that by implying that in "the real world" people are getting shot and it's actually not safe. I then explained why most residents and/or visitors have no reason to feel less safe than before. You then went on to imply that I'm racist because I'm "minimizing" violence. Do you personally feel less safe living in Minneapolis? I don't feel less safe, I just feel angry. No one in this city should have to live among violence.

I just find it really strange that you're going out of your way to turn something I said into something it's not just to feel like some sort of social vigilante.

Old 06-20-2020, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifat View Post
I replied to a person implying the Twin Cities are unsafe for a family to visit. You countered that by implying that in "the real world" people are getting shot and it's actually not safe. I then explained why most residents and/or visitors have no reason to feel less safe than before. You then went on to imply that I'm racist because I'm "minimizing" violence. Do you personally feel less safe living in Minneapolis? I don't feel less safe, I just feel angry. No one in this city should have to live among violence.

I just find it really strange that you're going out of your way to turn something I said into something it's not just to feel like some sort of social vigilante.
Yes. I feel less safe. There is gunfire in or near my neighborhood many nights. Assaults and robberies are up.

Here’s how I see it. You said Minneapolis is quiet and safe. I pointed out that shootings are up— a LOT. You said yeah but that’s in the black and brown neighborhoods so the city overall is safe.

Is that a fair summary?

Old 06-20-2020, 09:48 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,087,543 times
Quote:
Yes. I feel less safe. There is gunfire in or near my neighborhood many nights. Assaults and robberies are up.

Here’s how I see it. You said Minneapolis is quiet and safe. I pointed out that shootings are up— a LOT. You said yeah but that’s in the black and brown neighborhoods so the city overall is safe.

Is that a fair summary?
No, because that was not the point I was making at all. Clearly this is going nowhere.

Old 06-21-2020, 02:01 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,988,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
The Minnesota House just denied Mayor Feckless his bailout.
Are you sure?

HF 132 is with the MN senate as of Friday.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/bills/tex...ssion_number=1

State level MN taxpayers would be hit with a 130 million dollar bill to pay for public and private damage done by the rioters and arsonists.

Old 06-21-2020, 06:06 AM

12 shot, 1 dead last night in Uptown. So much for the idea that Minneapolis is peaceful and quiet.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/minneap...ed-11592734909

Last edited by Glenfield; 06-21-2020 at 07:05 AM..

Old 06-21-2020, 07:02 AM

Here’s a video of the aftermath of last night’s shooting.

https://www.facebook.com/10000901247...911077400/?d=n

Old 06-21-2020, 07:10 AM

1,173 posts, read 549,920 times
Quote:
It’s the same in liberal run cities across the country. The idiots who run this city defanged the police and whipped up the crowds. Now it’s spiraling out of control. Meanwhile, the liberals want to pretend everything is just dandy, and instead of engaging here, the cowards leave snide remarks anonymously in the rep comments.
Right. You get what you vote for . I hope people wake up and decide that spearheading this new “fancy police” experiment won’t work. criminals and thugs only respect fear Without it, criminals will run a city into the ground . Also since they gave up their parks to the homeless you can bet there is gonna be a warlord controlling each park soon. A perfect drug store.

Last edited by Steamhammer; 06-21-2020 at 07:58 AM..

Old 06-21-2020, 07:12 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,988,572 times
Quote:
Here’s a video of the aftermath of last night’s shooting.

https://www.facebook.com/10000901247...911077400/?d=n
Wait, was that a cop they begged for help, who then assisted?

My youngest sister just moved all the way up to Pine City weekend before last. There was still too much crap happening around her loft near 28th/Portland, she had enough with Minneapolis.

Old 06-21-2020, 08:05 AM

1,173 posts, read 549,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Wait, was that a cop they begged for help, who then assisted?

My youngest sister just moved all the way up to Pine City weekend before last. There was still too much crap happening around her loft near 28th/Portland, she had enough with Minneapolis.
I live out around Lake Minnetonka area and its damn near country out here, but not country enough after this year. Looking to move out a little farther, maybe just west of wonder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul