Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 12:10 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,097,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
I just bet you like echo chambers,
Ohhhh good one!

But I think the reason behind the concern for the first post comments went way above yours and a few other posters' heads. Take a hit and re-read the OP and tell me what you think is actually happening.

And then when you see how often it's happening on all forums, maybe you'll get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 08:34 PM

87 posts, read 105,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
I'll take a wet 37 degrees over a bone dry -20 anytime.

Yep. Cracks me up to hear my mother in law talk about how "sunny" it is in February even though the temperature is -5 as a high and the wind chill is -34. Sorry, enjoy your -34 wind chill, I'll take my ****ty 35 degrees and overcast and be happy.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:47 PM

2,579 posts, read 2,071,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Have any of you been to Woodbury lately? Sweet jesus the forced subsidized housing out there has turned that decent little town into a unidentifiable third world nation.
I .... um .... what?!

Old 06-10-2020, 07:41 AM

24 posts, read 23,442 times
I think StarTribune article says it all
https://www.startribune.com/homeless...ose/571135962/
Quote:
Since May 29, the hastily arranged shelter had been a source of stability, even hope, amid the chaos and destruction that followed Floyd’s death on May 25.
Unlike traditional homeless shelters, people who stayed at the hotel were allowed to bring drugs and alcohol on-site. Volunteer medics were focused on preventing overdoses and helping people access health services, rather than enforcing rules that would result in people being forced back onto the streets.
But some residents at the hotel said conditions had begun to spin out of control in recent days, with people injecting heroin and methamphetamine in the hallways, and fights breaking out at night. Volunteers became overwhelmed.
“It started out well, then descended into chaos,” said Jennie Taylor, who had a room on the second floor. “People got the message that this was a place where you could use drugs freely and that attracted the wrong crowd.”
Some of those who arrived at the hotel had migrated from a large homeless encampment near the light-rail line along Hiawatha Avenue, which was cleared by the Metropolitan Council two weeks ago. Most of those at the encampment were offered and accepted rooms at other hotels with support staff.
City government causes all the problems.

Old 06-10-2020, 09:19 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodburyWoody View Post
I .... um .... what?!
Have you been through the Walmart out there lately? Sweet mother.

I believe that brand new housing right across the street from it is all low-income/subsidized housing of some sort. Because we have to spread the love around, right? God forbid suburbs, according the Left, are "too white".

Old 06-10-2020, 01:54 PM

2,579 posts, read 2,071,973 times
Quote:
Have you been through the Walmart out there lately? Sweet mother.

I believe that brand new housing right across the street from it is all low-income/subsidized housing of some sort. Because we have to spread the love around, right? God forbid suburbs, according the Left, are "too white".
Not in a few months .... haven't been inside any store in a few months ... but if someone is scared to be in that Wal Mart, that says a lot about their fears and prejudices, among other things.

Old 06-10-2020, 07:07 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,745,260 times
What stature is being defaced in St. Paul this evening by the mob?

Old 06-11-2020, 11:30 PM

512 posts, read 474,725 times
Quote:
Have any of you been to Woodbury lately? Sweet jesus the forced subsidized housing out there has turned that decent little town into a unidentifiable third world nation.

And I regretfully informed some of my family that just got a place in Stillwater that the same thing is happening in that once-fine town.

*Sigh*

The dog-whistle never ceases to surprise me. How stuff like this can be allowed is beyond me, and one doesn't have to be a genius to read certain things critically. Oh well! Same old, same old!

Old 06-12-2020, 12:07 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovativeAmerican View Post
*Sigh*

The dog-whistle never ceases to surprise me. How stuff like this can be allowed is beyond me, and one doesn't have to be a genius to read certain things critically. Oh well! Same old, same old!
It is forced subsidized housing. That is a statement of truth. Woodbury citizens had no say in it, you can be sure.

Did you know suburbs that aren't "diverse" enough (are "too white") lose federal funding dollars? Again, true statement.

Old 06-12-2020, 05:01 AM

540 posts, read 1,097,139 times
Using a Wal-Mart as a barometer is ridiculous. It is always a ****show. My family rents a campsite north of Baxter and the Wal-Mart in that small totally white city is just as disgusting and populated by just as many shall we say "challenged" people as K-Mart on Lake Street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul