Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 11:23 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,705,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
They're trying to cut funding and dismantle the police department.

Please watch what happened in the 1987 version of Robocop when the police had funding cut.
I’m pretty sure Robocop was a science fiction movie but whatever floats your boat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2020, 11:16 PM

398 posts, read 381,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
We could use a Minnesota winter to help quell this insanity right about now. One of the only good things about these winters is that they keep the kooks inside and off the streets half the year.
It’s funny. I remember this exact thought being the one thing I enjoyed about my first winter in Chicago. The cold really does act as a buffer against the degenerates that normally lurk outside in the city looking for trouble. Cold weather is the arch nemesis of low lives.

Old 06-29-2020, 07:24 AM

6,538 posts, read 7,118,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codederick View Post
It’s funny. I remember this exact thought being the one thing I enjoyed about my first winter in Chicago. The cold really does act as a buffer against the degenerates that normally lurk outside in the city looking for trouble. Cold weather is the arch nemesis of low lives.
I bet the cops trials will start in early to mid January, I said this from day one.

Old 06-29-2020, 07:03 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,509,156 times
If anyone is going to move from MSP and NOT willing to change your voting habits, please do N-O-T move to the Carolinas. Don't do as Californians do: Screw up your state, get tired of the mess you created, not learn your lesson, move to a new state bringing the same idiotic and failed political mindsets that created the mess you're fleeing, thus ruining the new state. THEN, when natives get angry, you complain that the "natives hate newcomers". You create the storm, then whine when it rains. This is what happened in OR, WA, CO to a big extent, and in the process of happening in some parts of TX. The Twin Cities, Bay Area, Portland, and Seattle are the poster children of failed Leftist dogma. It's simply a fact that can't be argued. Just look at the aftermath of what you created. Either stay and reap what you've sown or go to another already screwed up state/metro.

Old 06-29-2020, 07:17 PM

1,173 posts, read 549,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
If anyone is going to move from MSP and NOT willing to change your voting habits, please do N-O-T move to the Carolinas. Don't do as Californians do: Screw up your state, get tired of the mess you created, not learn your lesson, move to a new state bringing the same idiotic and failed political mindsets that created the mess you're fleeing, thus ruining the new state. THEN, when natives get angry, you complain that the "natives hate newcomers". You create the storm, then whine when it rains. This is what happened in OR, WA, CO to a big extent, and in the process of happening in some parts of TX. The Twin Cities, Bay Area, Portland, and Seattle are the poster children of failed Leftist dogma. It's simply a fact that can't be argued. Just look at the aftermath of what you created. Either stay and reap what you've sown or go to another already screwed up state/metro.
Well said. I will second this with, please don’t move out to the suburbs if you’re unwilling to change your thought process as well.

Old 07-01-2020, 06:42 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,441,822 times
Quote:
If anyone is going to move from MSP and NOT willing to change your voting habits, please do N-O-T move to the Carolinas.
Doesn't North Carolina have a democrat Governor who recklessly shut the state down (just like here) and told the President he couldn't hold the GOP convention in Charlotte costing the city and state millions in revenue?

Old 07-01-2020, 09:43 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Quote:
This is exactly how I feel.

There is this very liberal woman who kind of lords over the neighborhood (she's okay, I've talked to her number of times, but she's flaming liberal) and her daughter lives a couple blocks over with her two kids and husband. Probably in her early 30s, the daughter.

Well her daughter wasn't in the neighborhood long. She is moving to Mendota Heights I guess. When I asked her mom why she's leaving (her daughter would always be walking around with "Im with HER [Hillary]" shirts on so I know why she's leaving) her mom said she's tired of not getting enough for her tax dollars - that the "assessments that St. Paul is sending her" aren't worth it.

So: she hates the extremely LIBERAL (communist) St. Paul city government, yet she is clearly a flaming liberal. White girl - more white flight. The worst kind of humans, IMO. I have one or two in my family. One up on the Range - talks so highly of Paul Wellstone but doesn't really have to deal with the ramifications of St. Paul with a million so-called refugees in my community.

So these people vote for psychopaths that completely trash their cities...what do they do? Move on to some half-way decent suburb. Do you think for a second they're going to stop voting D? not on your life. They will just wash, repeat...destroy their suburbs.

These people are so clueless it is painful. They infuriate me.

Old 07-01-2020, 10:52 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Doesn't North Carolina have a democrat Governor who recklessly shut the state down (just like here) and told the President he couldn't hold the GOP convention in Charlotte costing the city and state millions in revenue?
In hindsight it seems the NC governor made a wise move. If you disagree, just take a look at what is happening right now in FL, TX and AZ.

Old 07-01-2020, 11:14 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
In hindsight it seems the NC governor made a wise move. If you disagree, just take a look at what is happening right now in FL, TX and AZ.
That appears correct to me, factual data matters.

Old 07-01-2020, 12:21 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,441,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Yeah, we've been over all that........not even slightly interested in tossing the Covid football any longer. My point was the guys post seemed to insinuate the Carolinas are a bastion of conservatism or something when North Carolina especially is anything but. All of NC's major cities are bluer than the sky and Asheville is one of the most liberal towns in the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul