Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2010, 04:59 PM

2,319 posts, read 4,804,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellwater View Post
I'm just sick of the South being told what to do. It's not just symbols it's everything, these people act like we shouldn't have anything of our own, no flags,no music, no mascots, no anything. What I wonder is what they'll go after next? grits? country music? sweet tea???
I agree with poptones completely on this one. No one is telling the south what to do. Where do you get your information? No flags? No music??? No mascots?

All: Did I misread the article, or did it say that Ole Miss did away with Col. Reb in 2003?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 05:42 PM

783 posts, read 2,258,295 times
ROTFL. More with "the liberals" being against everything "good" in this country.

Seriously dude... you need help.

Seriously.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:29 PM

243 posts, read 274,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poptones View Post
ROTFL. More with "the liberals" being against everything "good" in this country.

Seriously dude... you need help.

Seriously.
Help for what, stating an opinion? Besides I DO think "the liberals" are against everything good, but not only this country the whole world, LOL. I guess I just decided to have a rant on this topic because it was there, but just wait they'll pick something else to "progress" because there just never seems to be enough.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:32 PM

Are you for real?

Old 10-20-2010, 06:43 PM

77 posts, read 276,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearringtonflash View Post
Delighted Ole Miss has given up having a TRAITOR TO THE UNITED STATES as a mascot. Those who want to keep that anti-American symbol "Col" Reb should to move to Iran where anti-Americanism is welcome

Go off the deep end lately?

Old 10-20-2010, 06:46 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,090,629 times
Quote:
Help for what, stating an opinion? Besides I DO think "the liberals" are against everything good, but not only this country the whole world, LOL. I guess I just decided to have a rant on this topic because it was there, but just wait they'll pick something else to "progress" because there just never seems to be enough.
What does "liberal" have to do with anything here? I am fairly liberal and I argued against changing the mascot. These ideologues have group think. Interestingly, though as I said I question the need for changing the mascot, I suspect that many people who support keeping the Colonel also are against the mosque in NYC because of the "symbolism". That is what happens when you have lockstep beliefs.

I really can see the point some make about the remnants of the Old South--I just happen to think this goes too far. But liberal/conservative doesn't have to come into play for every darn thing discussed.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tama View Post
What does "liberal" have to do with anything here? I am fairly liberal and I argued against changing the mascot. These ideologues have group think. Interestingly, though as I said I question the need for changing the mascot, I suspect that many people who support keeping the Colonel also are against the mosque in NYC because of the "symbolism". That is what happens when you have lockstep beliefs.

I really can see the point some make about the remnants of the Old South--I just happen to think this goes too far. But liberal/conservative doesn't have to come into play for every darn thing discussed.
Well it just always seems like it's the same bunch behind this kind of stuff, besides I always seem to be on the very conservative side of things.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Are you for real?
Yep. Why is that so hard to believe?

Old 10-20-2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Well it just always seems like it's the same bunch behind this kind of stuff.
What kind of stufff? Things you disagree with? Things you refuse to learn about? Things that go bump in the night?

What do the President of Ole Miss, many alumni, many students, and many missippians have in common? I guess that makes pretty much half the state of Mississippi "a bunch of liberals" by your measure.

You're not even from Mississippi, nor do I believe you ever even lived here. What's your dog in this race? Just here to troll?

Old 10-20-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
What kind of stufff? Things you disagree with? Things you refuse to learn about? Things that go bump in the night?

What do the President of Ole Miss, many alumni, many students, and many missippians have in common? I guess that makes pretty much half the state of Mississippi "a bunch of liberals" by your measure.

You're not even from Mississippi, nor do I believe you ever even lived here. What's your dog in this race? Just here to troll?
I was wondering when I'd be called a troll, lol. I've learned enough I know what I think about those things. Maybe Miss. is half liberal I don't know I've never lived there,and I never said I did. Besides I've noticed that alot of people on this forum can discuss Miss. issues and most probably don't live there. I live near there and anytime a Mississippian (probably didn't spell that right) wants to stick up for Tenn. I'd be happy to have them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi