Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2010, 08:35 PM

783 posts, read 2,258,533 times

Advertisements

I lived about five years in Knoxville and loved it. So what?

I've learned enough I know what I think about those things.

ROTFL. I've yet to see any evidence at all of that. You sound like you swallowed Glenn Beck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 09:28 PM

243 posts, read 274,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poptones View Post
I lived about five years in Knoxville and loved it. So what?

I've learned enough I know what I think about those things.

ROTFL. I've yet to see any evidence at all of that. You sound like you swallowed Glenn Beck.
Are you kidding Glen Beck is Bill Clinton compared to me. I'll admit I probably don't sound like a genius here, but so what, do I have to have a phd to have an opinion.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:30 PM

2,319 posts, read 4,805,008 times
I actually laughed out loud, pop!

I don't know if I might be one of the people wellwater is talking about when he/she (sorry I don't know that you explicitly said) said, "Besides I've noticed that alot of people on this forum can discuss Miss. issues and most probably don't live there." I just want to clear up that I no longer live in MS, but I was raised there and lived there for over 15 years, went to school there, and my family still lives there so I'm there several times a year. Please, don't read that in a hostile tone, just a plain-spoken one.

wellwater, I respect your right to feel any way you wish about Ole Miss, Southern symbols, diversity (I read your thoughts on another thread), etc. The fact is that as a Mississippian (at least at one time) and a Southerner (back more generations than I can recall), I disagree with you. That doesn't make me a liberal, a Yankee, or a person that wants to strip the rights away from Southerners.

Truthfully, reading some of the things you've written in this thread and in others, I was disgusted. Of course, you can believe everything you espouse, and that's your right and privilege. However, there are many people just as passionate, just as patriotic, just as American and/or Southern as you who disagree with you.

This world is not the black and white place that some would have us believe.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:04 AM

243 posts, read 274,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermint View Post
I actually laughed out loud, pop!

I don't know if I might be one of the people wellwater is talking about when he/she (sorry I don't know that you explicitly said) said, "Besides I've noticed that alot of people on this forum can discuss Miss. issues and most probably don't live there." I just want to clear up that I no longer live in MS, but I was raised there and lived there for over 15 years, went to school there, and my family still lives there so I'm there several times a year. Please, don't read that in a hostile tone, just a plain-spoken one.

wellwater, I respect your right to feel any way you wish about Ole Miss, Southern symbols, diversity (I read your thoughts on another thread), etc. The fact is that as a Mississippian (at least at one time) and a Southerner (back more generations than I can recall), I disagree with you. That doesn't make me a liberal, a Yankee, or a person that wants to strip the rights away from Southerners.

Truthfully, reading some of the things you've written in this thread and in others, I was disgusted. Of course, you can believe everything you espouse, and that's your right and privilege. However, there are many people just as passionate, just as patriotic, just as American and/or Southern as you who disagree with you.

This world is not the black and white place that some would have us believe.
I know there are many Americans and Southerners that disagree with me, although I don't what's so disgusting about my feelings on this issue. I know I sound rude, probably a lot ruder than I mean too, but I have been reading forums for years, never saying a word, and I maybe I do take certain issues too personally, but after years of watching things I cared about being belittled and banned the whole time thinking well maybe this'll satisfy everybody I've came to the conclusion that no it won't they'll always be another "issue" with something so why not go to a forum and complain about it. I heard plenty of people that disagree with me make statements just as tacky as I have.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:18 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,271,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poptones View Post
Who is "they?" Dan Jones was born in Mississippi, and since it seems you cannot realise this from the multitude of comments even in this very thread, he is most definitely not the ONLY Mississippian wanting Col Reb and the chants to go.

Dude, you have issues. Stop watching so much FOX NEWS.

Oh yeah... and country music sucks.
Your rank partisanship is showing!

Old 10-21-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellwater View Post
I know there are many Americans and Southerners that disagree with me, although I don't what's so disgusting about my feelings on this issue. I know I sound rude, probably a lot ruder than I mean too, but I have been reading forums for years, never saying a word, and I maybe I do take certain issues too personally, but after years of watching things I cared about being belittled and banned the whole time thinking well maybe this'll satisfy everybody I've came to the conclusion that no it won't they'll always be another "issue" with something so why not go to a forum and complain about it. I heard plenty of people that disagree with me make statements just as tacky as I have.
Dont let these lefties get you down, they are typically the loudest one's in any forum on here and are always the first to start the name calling. This is typical of the leftist mindset. If you disagree with what someone says, first yell over them, then call them a name, then throw out Fox News or Glen Bleck lastly throw out some made up opinion to try and validate their partisan opinion by stating the majority of this or the majority of that. I swear it seems that they have some sort of hard left playbook because they ALL play the same game. Atleast they havent called you a racist, bigot or "tea bagger" yet, that is typically one of the first cards they play.

Last edited by suprascooby22; 10-21-2010 at 08:13 AM..

Old 10-21-2010, 07:42 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,682,437 times
Lightbulb Uh-Oh...It's Head-Butting Time Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Dont let these lefties get you down, they are typically the loudest one's in any forum on here are always the first to start the name calling. This is typical of the leftist mindset. If you disagree with what someone says, first yell over them, then call them a name, then throw out Fox News or Glen Bleck lastly throw out some made up opinion to try and validate their partisan opinion by stating the majority of this or the majority of that. I swear it seems that they have some sort of hard left playbook because they ALL play the same game. Atleast they havent called you a racist, bigot or "tea bagger" yet, that is typically one of the first cards they play.
C'mon Supra...this trotting out of the 'left-wing boogeyman' every time somebody has a pair and actually (gasp!) DISAGREES with you, is getting old!

I don't know if you know it or not, but people using their brain cells and calling bull**** on something they don't like is as old as time itself here in America...that goes for left AND right thinking people (the only 'wings' I acknowledge are the edible ones on chickens, ducks, and turkeys LOL)...

And those 'lefties' are loud to you because basically, they're not buying what you're selling---and that doesn't make them 'lefties', 'liberals', cootieheads, or whatever the silly label du jour is...that makes them (double gasp!!) AMERICANS...one doesn't lose one's citizenship or ability to have an opinion, simply because they pulled (to you) the wrong lever in the voting booth---that's a crock, and I think you know it...

No disrespect intended to you, because I like the fact that you bring out the 'debater' in me...and forgive me for what I'm gonna say here, but I and a lot of other people aren't going to go to the nearest hospital and have our lips surgically attached to the nearest GOP hiney...we are going to have and express our opinions, contradictory to what YOU think is right though they may be...and to comment on a blurb you posted in another thread, edited for this one---'liberalism is NOT a mental disease...and having your butt puckered too tight doesn't make you a conservative either!'

Just sayin'

Old 10-21-2010, 08:21 AM

2,319 posts, read 4,805,008 times
wellwater, you and supra say things that are rude, offensive, and at times discriminating (this is mostly from other threads that I've seen). supra calls everyone that disagrees with him a liberal or a leftist. Grow up! No one here has to defend their political views. This is a thread about the Ole Miss mascot not our political point of views.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
C'mon Supra...this trotting out of the 'left-wing boogeyman' every time somebody has a pair and actually (gasp!) DISAGREES with you, is getting old!

I don't know if you know it or not, but people using their brain cells and calling bull**** on something they don't like is as old as time itself here in America...that goes for left AND right thinking people (the only 'wings' I acknowledge are the edible ones on chickens, ducks, and turkeys LOL)...

And those 'lefties' are loud to you because basically, they're not buying what you're selling---and that doesn't make them 'lefties', 'liberals', cootieheads, or whatever the silly label du jour is...that makes them (double gasp!!) AMERICANS...one doesn't lose one's citizenship or ability to have an opinion, simply because they pulled (to you) the wrong lever in the voting booth---that's a crock, and I think you know it...

No disrespect intended to you, because I like the fact that you bring out the 'debater' in me...and forgive me for what I'm gonna say here, but I and a lot of other people aren't going to go to the nearest hospital and have our lips surgically attached to the nearest GOP hiney...we are going to have and express our opinions, contradictory to what YOU think is right though they may be...and to comment on a blurb you posted in another thread, edited for this one---'liberalism is NOT a mental disease...and having your butt puckered too tight doesn't make you a conservative either!'

Just sayin'
I appreciate your honesty Captain but we both know based on the many postings that were made against Wellwater that they are Liberals. I mean how hard is it to figure out when some throws out Fox News or Glenn Beck. Calling a spade a spade is just that. I am conservative and make no bones about it. Someone can look at my opinions and gather that fact pretty quickly. I dont get upset when someone disagrees with my position but I DO get tired of the relentless nonsense put forward by many "liberals" on this forum. Calling them by what they are is not misleading!

I see you didnt mention anything to discredit what I said in my post. Do you disagree that many Liberals refuse to debate and are the first ones to start the name calling? Do you refuse to see the constant mentions of Fox News, Glenn Beck, Palin, Hannity or Rush against anyone with a consevative view point? What about the constant bashing of "tea baggers"?

In the end I can totally appreciate what your saying on all levels but put forth some of that objectivity to the MANY posters on here that are all too quick to denigrate anyone that believes or supports conservative positons. Pointing that out doesnt make me any less American or incapable of debate.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:28 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,682,437 times
Lightbulb Peppermint---Do You Have A Fan Club?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermint View Post
wellwater, you and supra say things that are rude, offensive, and at times discriminating (this is mostly from other threads that I've seen). supra calls everyone that disagrees with him a liberal or a leftist. Grow up! No one here has to defend their political views. This is a thread about the Ole Miss mascot not our political point of views.
LOL...if so, can I join? I love the way you say your piece with dignity, brevity, and grace...I know I can get a little long-winded and hotheaded sometimes, but you give a great example of how to speak volumes with a very few words...

Bravo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi