Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 03:20 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,037,582 times

Advertisements

Wow, I always thought Jeff Bridges was *under*rated. From Last Picture Show to Thunderbolt and Lightfoot to Fearless, then Big Lebowski and Door in the Floor, he keeps plugging away giving (IMHO) fantastic performances and AFAIK he has never won any awards or anything.

Anyway, I'll go along with Travolta, though I loved the movie Pulp Fiction.

I've never understood the glorification of Catherine Zeta-Jones. I know she's beautiful and everything, but whenever I see her in a movie, I just don't believe her portrayal at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 03:32 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,170,962 times
Amazing! I totally agree with all listed thus far. Especially Brad Pitt and Anjelina Jolie-what have they ever done worth watching?? And Julia Roberts? yucko..........Travolta I did love in "Michael"; but that's bout it. Russell Crowe,Gweneth Paltrow............blah!! I'll add Helen Hunt to the list. And someone please tell me why people think Kevin Costner can act?

Last edited by Élan vital; 07-05-2007 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: forgot to add a male actor

Old 07-05-2007, 04:24 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,455,280 times
Drew Barrymore - She has never been that convincing to me.
Jennifer Lopez - She needs to stick to dancing.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:34 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,605,052 times
Thumbs up exactly-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaBlue View Post
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie --- give us a break from these two!
TomKat -- do we really care???
Jennifer Aniston - so over it
Paris -- Ho-hum...
Every time in the supermarket it is the same faces leering at us- Even at the self-checkout they put US magazine with Paris Hilton's plastic smirkSOOOO sick of it.

Aniston cannot act.
Tomkat and katie whoever
Nicole Richie (weigh 75 lbs. and make money off it!)
It's sad.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:46 PM

1,226 posts, read 3,646,793 times
I would like to say most uf them, especially the more money they get for doing nothing.

But I would especially agree on Julia Roberts and Angelina Jolie.
Roberts: looks the same, no matter what emotion she's trying to express.
Jolie: what has she done, besides from Tomb Raider???

Old 07-05-2007, 04:56 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,099,804 times
ditto Drew Barrymore. She is the same exact character in every movie.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:20 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,397,997 times
Jack Nicholson! I can't understand for the life of me how he's able to roll out of his bed (or the bed of the latest 25 year old starlet who's house he wakes up in with a wicked hangover) onto a movie set and give the same sneering, smarmy performance over and over again and to be practically drowning in a sea of acting awards. It's the same thing all the time!

Gwyneth Paltrow? Blech. Just because she can do a convincing English accent does not mean she's a great actress but the press treats her like modern-day acting royalty.

Nicolas Cage. He got lucky with one great performance in Leaving Las Vegas. Since then though, it's back to his old (bad) acting habits.

Heather Graham ruins every movie she is in. Thankfully, she's not acting much any more. Although I guess she's not so much "overrated" so much as she is pretty much universally acknowledged as bad.

I too don't understand what the big deal is with Catherine Zeta-Jones. I've also never been overly impressed with Jude Law.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:42 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,656,725 times
I second Paris Hilton- I can't stand her and she keeps working!

I also fell over the years that Brad Pitt is over rated. The only movie I liked him in is Joe Black, other than that never cared for him. I also felt he started to look decent when he was married to Jenn but after her, nope sorta got scanky!
Lets see other over rated acts. As much as I love him as a fellow human being and do enjoy his shows, I though think that Michael J Fox can be one that is considered over rated. Everytime I saw him in a movie, he was himself and almost every film I saw him in, he played himself imo and never morphed into anyone else. I like him and he is very likeable and can watch him through a movie and enjoy it, I just wouldn't call him someone who is tops. I don't know if he will ever get a chance to prove he can over come that image to me, maybe he will.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:26 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,301,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
Wow, I always thought Jeff Bridges was *under*rated. From Last Picture Show to Thunderbolt and Lightfoot to Fearless, then Big Lebowski and Door in the Floor, he keeps plugging away giving (IMHO) fantastic performances and AFAIK he has never won any awards or anything.

I think there were some like Mirror Has Two Faces and White Squall that just finished me off with him......

I have not seen Big Lebowski and have heard it's very good, so maybe that'll turn me around on Jeff...... I just can't remember anything I've particularly liked him in.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:19 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,699,642 times
Renee Zellwegger. Can't stand her voice. Brad Pitt. I don't find the appeal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies