Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 04:01 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,903,426 times

Advertisements

I refuse to beleive that the person who chose Gene Hackman has ever seen "The French Connection", "Bonnie and Clyde", "The Conversation", or "Mississipi Burning", or "Unforgiven" and seen the incredible range of this actor. To even put his name next to so-called actors like Kenannu Reeves and Ben Afflick is an insult to filmdom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 04:03 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,967,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I refuse to beleive that the person who chose Gene Hackman has ever seen "The French Connection", "Bonnie and Clyde", "The Conversation", or "Mississipi Burning", or "Unforgiven" and seen the incredible range of this actor. To even put his name next to so-called actors like Kenannu Reeves and Ben Afflick is an insult to filmdom.
I reread that posters post and he/she actually meant that Hackman is even a greater actor than what most people give him credit for.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:37 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,098,308 times
Drew Barrymore. If she weren't related to so many folks in Hollywood, there's no way she'd be acting. I think she's terrible.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:12 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,250,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Samadhi View Post
OMG, how did I miss this? You've cut me deep lol! I so love BDT, he's most definitely one of my favorites.
Notice I said a little. I think his performance in Traffic was overrated, he won an oscar award for it. His accent was way off.

I generally think he is very talented actor.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:56 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
and Zeta-Jones (she is NOT the most beautiful woman in the world, Jolie is by far!).
I have to respond here - Zeta Jones is more beautiful - if for no other reason but, she has class. A lot of class.

Something Jolie, who is stunning I admit, does not have.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:45 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,967,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I have to respond here - Zeta Jones is more beautiful - if for no other reason but, she has class. A lot of class.

Something Jolie, who is stunning I admit, does not have.
Whoa whoa whoa whoa!! How dare you!! Jolie has lots of class.

Here is a woman who:

Won the worlds first Church World Service Immigration and Refugee Program Humanitarian Award.

She is a Goodwill Ambassador to the United Nations.

She set up the Jolie/Pitt Foundation to earn money for Doctors Without Borders and Global Action for Children.

She has 100% financed the Angelina Jolie conservation project in Cambodia.

In 2005 she accepted the United Nations Global Humanitarian Award.

Jane Goodall, founder of the Jane Goodall Institute and UN Messenger of Peace said "Angelina is living proof of the power we all have to make a difference in this world....I found her personal commitment to be an ispiration".

Of all the actors and acctresses in Hollywood, she has done the most when it comes to humanitarian issues. This is a woman who once declared that "charitable work is the greatest thing in my life" and has dedicated one third of her income to help those around the world who are suffering much more than the poorest of the poor her in our country.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:41 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,619,556 times
Jolie of the Billy Bob days is a far cry from her status today. I would say the woman has evolved.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:07 AM

413 posts, read 1,846,166 times
To the Original topic question: Tom Cruise. Don't even get me started.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:01 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,386,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakehorror View Post
To the Original topic question: Tom Cruise. Don't even get me started.
I just watched his old Scientology commercial yesterday (so I could understand the humor in the Jerry O'Connell parody) and I realized that, even though I already knew Cruise is pretty unintelligent, I had no idea how much. Can the guy form a coherent sentence on his own? I have not seen proof.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:43 PM

1,667 posts, read 9,384,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Keanu Reeves, Ben Affleck, Orlando Bloom, Jennifer Aniston, Renee Zellweger.
Add Will Ferrell, Tom Cruise, and The Rock and that's a good start to a long list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies