Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 07:50 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,169,965 times

Advertisements

I luv this thread!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 07:51 PM

20 posts, read 103,006 times
I think the two worst actors that are in quite a few movies are Keeano Reeves and Ben Affleck. I would rather watch the paint dry than watch these two "act". I will also throw in a vote for Paris and Lopez as well.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:57 PM

323 posts, read 1,391,177 times
Cher, Madonna, and I just don't like Robin Williams. Though I liked him a long time ago. He just gets on my nerves. Sorry to any fans out there.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:11 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,169,965 times
ooooooooops, my first time in this thread to disagree. Have you seen Robin Williams in Dead Poet Society and Good Will Hunting? When he isn't zany he is very talented.......just my opinion though. As for Cher-same thing...loved her in Suspect and Silkwood and also Mermaids. Madonna is just nasty and needs to be scrubbed down and her hair shampooed and styled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazelais View Post
Cher, Madonna, and I just don't like Robin Williams. Though I liked him a long time ago. He just gets on my nerves. Sorry to any fans out there.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:35 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,952,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northernexposure View Post
ooooooooops, my first time in this thread to disagree. Have you seen Robin Williams in Dead Poet Society and Good Will Hunting? When he isn't zany he is very talented.......just my opinion though. As for Cher-same thing...loved her in Suspect and Silkwood and also Mermaids. Madonna is just nasty and needs to be scrubbed down and her hair shampooed and styled.
Interesting you mention Robin Williams. I agree with you that he does have talent; however, in my opinion, he is not a good script actor. His claim to fame has been his improvisation and spontaneity. I guess that's is typical trait for a comedian turned serious actor. Nonetheless, he is a pretty good at what he does.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:45 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,603,163 times
I thought Jeff Bridges was good in The Morning After; I like lower key films. Hollywood blockbusters~~ forget it unless Anthony Hopkins is in it-lol.

Matt Damon is overrated- are they going to have Oceans#51- I mean when do these sequels end!!!

Old 07-06-2007, 05:43 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,300,508 times
People are going to have to STOP disagreeing with me before I get............ annnnnnnnnnnngry.........

Jeff Bridges stinks and that's the end of it, mmmkay???

Old 07-06-2007, 05:45 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,300,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FritzIam4IU View Post
I think the two worst actors that are in quite a few movies are Keeano Reeves and Ben Affleck. I would rather watch the paint dry than watch these two "act". I will also throw in a vote for Paris and Lopez as well.
Awwwww, that's a good one..... Better than any of mine...

He was Ted, has been Ted and will always BE Ted....

Be excellent to one another, just not on my movie screen you twit!!!

Old 07-06-2007, 12:18 PM

18,026 posts, read 27,475,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post
I think there were some like Mirror Has Two Faces and White Squall that just finished me off with him......

I have not seen Big Lebowski and have heard it's very good, so maybe that'll turn me around on Jeff...... I just can't remember anything I've particularly liked him in.
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot was one of my favorite movies. Jeff certainly didn't MAKE the movie, but I think of that movie when I think of Jeff. George Kennedy was hillarious in that movie. Remember what he said to the kid when they were selling ice cream? "Hey kid, why don't you go ...?"

Jack Nicholson in Cuckoo's Nest and The Last Detail just cement him as the best. Danny Devito, Scatman Crothers, Christopher Lloyd, this film made a lot of these people's careers as far as I'm concerned.

Pulp Fiction, this was John's best work.

I hate Brad Pitt and Jolie personally, but he was pretty good in True Romance. That's the kind of role he should stick to. I also liked Fight Club. Ask the women if they liked his acting in that one. I kind of liked him in 12 Monkeys. I liked Spy Game, mainly due to Robert Redford.

I'd take some of the cast from LOST over what you get on the big screen these days.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:34 PM

378 posts, read 1,203,814 times
Okay... is everybody ready for this one??? Barbra Streisand....! I was her biggest fan when she started. Loved her albums, wore them out, then I realized that she was great in "Funny Girl" and mediocre from then on (in movies). I'll give her "The Way We Were", but I just did not care for any other ones she did.

She still can sing beautifully, but every CD she makes now is made up of the very same songs she has been recording over and over for years! C'mon Barb, give us something new! TRY something new!!!

Oh, oh... there goes MY reputation on the Forum! Sorry, but I just had to do it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies