Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2020, 12:34 PM

1,245 posts, read 1,829,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
There was also a statement in the Wapo article that the pick up of bodies of people who died at home is up 4X during the corona-virus. That msay well prove even scarier.
These workers don’t need to worry about unemployment

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-l...virus-pandemic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2020, 12:44 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,058,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardogfsu View Post
Do you know that China is teaming up with Russia and Iran and spreading propaganda across Europe and the rest of the world that it started with US soldiers and it’s USA’s fault, not China. https://www.businessinsider.com/russ...h-other-2020-4

So as an American who loves this country, liberal or conservative (I’m sure you love this country, right? Right?) would it make sense to remind those of the truth or worry about the feelings of the country that covered up the virus, hoarded 2 billion masks, destroyed our economy, killed 50,000 Americans and counting and are trying to twist the blame on us to the rest of the world to make us look bad?

Tell me, what do you think about them blaming us, since you are so worried about me blaming them?
China also hired 1600 internet trolls to spread misinformation about Wuhan Coronavirus.

The medical community doesn't want it called the Chinese virus because SJW and thaz rayciss despite the fact that Chinese is not a race and the virus does seem to have originated in China.

Old 04-25-2020, 12:51 PM

Old fogies should stay home if they think they'll get sick and die.

The likelihood of being in your 30s or 40s and getting a stroke from Wuhan Chinese virus is slim to none.

They media keeps playing up this BS from every angle.

The people dying of strokes probably already had some underlying blood clotting disorder they didn't know about.

Old 04-25-2020, 12:55 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I've seen that written by lots of people here on CD. Frequently.

The planets aligned perfectly for equid0x's post.

One the same thread and everything.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-25-2020, 01:17 PM

848 posts, read 648,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
There was also a statement in the Wapo article that the pick up of bodies of people who died at home is up 4X during the corona-virus. That msay well prove even scarier.

Las Vegas Review-Journal has a good article relating to this subject today.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/...-away-2014793/

Old 04-25-2020, 01:22 PM

848 posts, read 648,537 times
Quote:
Anything above 10% indicates that more testing needs to be done. Below 10% means you are testing at a capacity that ensures your numbers are as accurate as possible. It's explained on fivethirtyeight, I don't have a link because I listened via podcast.

My concern is no so much NV as a state, but NV as a tourist destination, that complicates the situation for the locale. (explained in one of my first posts)

And back to the Federal guidelines that layout the plan to open starting with declining cases for X amount of days, which we have not accomplished.

fiverthirtyeight.com is your authority that anything above 10% indicates more testing needs to be done. Good grief! The federal guidelines, which are guidelines, not regulations, indicate a downward trajectory, not consecutive days of declining cases. See page 2 of the PDF document at this link:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ng-plan-191959

Old 04-25-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:
The planets aligned perfectly for equid0x's post.

One the same thread and everything.
I'm not afraid to speak my mind.

Old 04-25-2020, 01:35 PM

8,419 posts, read 4,579,340 times
Quote:
I've seen that written by lots of people here on CD. Frequently.

I have too. I've even mentioned it in several other posts.

Old 04-25-2020, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND_Irish View Post
Las Vegas Review-Journal has a good article relating to this subject today.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/...-away-2014793/
Dr. Christopher Voscopoulos, medical director of Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center’s intensive care unit.

“They are trading a very small risk (of contracting COVID-19) for a huge guaranteed risk of either death or disability,” Voscopoulos said.

Imagine that.... now people are dying at home of medical emergencies because they've been told to stay away from the ER.

I wonder what the mortality rate is on THOSE preventable deaths.

Old 04-25-2020, 01:37 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND_Irish View Post
fiverthirtyeight.com is your authority that anything above 10% indicates more testing needs to be done. Good grief! The federal guidelines, which are guidelines, not regulations, indicate a downward trajectory, not consecutive days of declining cases. See page 2 of the PDF document at this link:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ng-plan-191959
Well so does Dr. Birx.

A 14 day downward trajectory and consecutive days of decline, are almost the same, but I do stand corrected.

Do you consider NV cases to be on a downward trajectory?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada