Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2020, 02:37 PM

848 posts, read 648,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
25-49 is kind of a BS age grouping as well. I'd be much more interested in those stats broken down by decade of life.

A 25 yo has very little in common with a 49 yo in terms of health issues.
There is a great deal of opacity regarding the metrics Sisolak claims he is reviewing. The state situation reports and the dashboard do not provide any of the specific metrics he mentioned in the interviews with either the Las Vegas Review-Journal or The Nevada Independent over the last several days. He keeps preaching he is being transparent. Therefore, the state should post the exact metrics he claims he is reviewing everyday with his "experts" and show the citizens exactly how Nevada and each county is tracking. I can arrive at a percentage of new positive tests as a percentage of all new tests for Clark County which has been on a downward to flat trajectory over the last three days. However, he claims to be looking at utilization rates for overall hospitalization, ICU rooms, and ventilators specifically for COVID-19 patients. That's fine, but I think we all deserve to see what those exact percentages are, not just the overall utilization rates for those three categories. Again, the Nevada Hospital Association indicated on Tuesday that utilization rates in all three of those categories had been trending down for weeks.

Finally, I find it ironic how Sisolak up until now used to boast about standing up to Trump, but he now finds it convenient to hide behind Trump's guidelines. Even the Democratic governor of Colorado, which statistically did less testing per capita than Nevada and cumulatively had more COVID-19 cases than Nevada, is opening his state back up. Source: https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...g-this-weekend

"Colorado Gov. Jared Polis (D) said earlier in the week that after the state’s stay-at-home order expires on Sunday, the state will enter a "safer at home" phase during which residents will be recommended to stay home but not obligated to do so. The new restrictions allow small businesses and “personal services” such as hair salons to reopen Monday, though they'll be under health restrictions and must follow certain guidelines not yet provided by the state."

Even Whitmer is reopening golf courses in Michigan! Source: https://nbc25news.com/news/local/gol...rses-to-reopen

Sisolak and his minions absolutely should have less restrictions on people by the first of May along with a definitive game plan for reopening this state immediately. I certainly do not need to see any more ridiculous tweets of him getting a haircut or like the following from yesterday when he ought to be working daily to get this state back open. How on earth does he have time to be tweeting about an Alicia Keys song at 9 am on a Friday when hundreds of thousands of people in this state are unemployed?

https://twitter.com/GovSisolak/statu...18373784936448
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2020, 02:44 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,058,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND_Irish View Post
There is a great deal of opacity regarding the metrics Sisolak claims he is reviewing. The state situation reports and the dashboard do not provide any of the specific metrics he mentioned in the interviews with either the Las Vegas Review-Journal or The Nevada Independent over the last several days. He keeps preaching he is being transparent. Therefore, the state should post the exact metrics he claims he is reviewing everyday with his "experts" and show the citizens exactly how Nevada and each county is tracking. I can arrive at a percentage of new positive tests as a percentage of all new tests for Clark County which has been on a downward to flat trajectory over the last three days. However, he claims to be looking at utilization rates for overall hospitalization, ICU rooms, and ventilators specifically for COVID-19 patients. That's fine, but I think we all deserve to see what those exact percentages are, not just the overall utilization rates for those three categories. Again, the Nevada Hospital Association indicated on Tuesday that utilization rates in all three of those categories had been trending down for weeks.

Finally, I find it ironic how Sisolak up until now used to boast about standing up to Trump, but he now finds it convenient to hide behind Trump's guidelines. Even the Democratic governor of Colorado, which statistically did less testing per capita than Nevada and cumulatively had more COVID-19 cases than Nevada, is opening his state back up. Source: https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...g-this-weekend

"Colorado Gov. Jared Polis (D) said earlier in the week that after the state’s stay-at-home order expires on Sunday, the state will enter a "safer at home" phase during which residents will be recommended to stay home but not obligated to do so. The new restrictions allow small businesses and “personal services” such as hair salons to reopen Monday, though they'll be under health restrictions and must follow certain guidelines not yet provided by the state."

Even Whitmer is reopening golf courses in Michigan! Source: https://nbc25news.com/news/local/gol...rses-to-reopen

Sisolak and his minions absolutely should have less restrictions on people by the first of May along with a definitive game plan for reopening this state immediately. I certainly do not need to see any more ridiculous tweets of him getting a haircut or like the following from yesterday when he ought to be working daily to get this state back open. How on earth does he have time to be tweeting about an Alicia Keys song at 9 am on a Friday when hundreds of thousands of people in this state are unemployed?

https://twitter.com/GovSisolak/statu...18373784936448
Theoretically, you can make a request for his data under transparent Nevada act and he must provide it.

Old 04-25-2020, 10:31 PM

743 posts, read 968,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Virus fatality is 5.5% of the cases contracted
This needs a hard look not ignoring the fact that shelter in place lock down has been tremendously successful
Couldn’t be more wrong. Even in NYC, America’s epicenter, they are saying it’s 40x-50x LESS lethal than what was first reported after testing for antibodies. 2% divided by 50 is 0.04%. The flu is 0.02%.

We’ve destroyed our country for this.

With lack of transparency coming out of China (intentionally and to their benefit) we had to wait and take precaution. I feel like we handled it right. Now it’s time to get our lives back. To continue doing what we are doing is unfathomable and looking back at this, history will agree.

Old 04-26-2020, 04:48 AM

2,880 posts, read 2,809,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardogfsu View Post
Couldn’t be more wrong. Even in NYC, America’s epicenter, they are saying it’s 40x-50x LESS lethal than what was first reported after testing for antibodies. 2% divided by 50 is 0.04%. The flu is 0.02%.

We’ve destroyed our country for this.

With lack of transparency coming out of China (intentionally and to their benefit) we had to wait and take precaution. I feel like we handled it right. Now it’s time to get our lives back. To continue doing what we are doing is unfathomable and looking back at this, history will agree.
Just to be clear, what are you saying the death rate is?

Old 04-26-2020, 03:02 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,031,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I've seen that written by lots of people here on CD. Frequently.
I have not seen it written even once on this forum. Post a link.

Old 04-26-2020, 03:08 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Old fogies should stay home if they think they'll get sick and die.

The likelihood of being in your 30s or 40s and getting a stroke from Wuhan Chinese virus is slim to none.

They media keeps playing up this BS from every angle.

The people dying of strokes probably already had some underlying blood clotting disorder they didn't know about.

Right here, from this thread.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-26-2020, 07:54 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,031,788 times
Four examples that do not say only old or unhealthy people die from the Wuhan virus. Is this your way of admitting you are wrong?

Old 04-26-2020, 08:27 PM

347 posts, read 542,665 times
Quote:
Indeed it has been successful at destroying the economy.
YOu know what else could destroy the economy worse that what Sisolak has done? 200,000 people dead at least and with more fear in the country from so many death, the economy would have sunk even more.
You want it open like Sweden but I want it solved like new Zealand.

Quote:
Well a couple weeks ago the libs were all claiming it was a flu virus that jumped from bats.

"The Flu" is just a name for any number of severe winter illnesses that get passed around during that season.

So far, infection rates just like flu, same season, mortality rates comparable to the flu, symptoms just like the flu. Could it be.... wait for it.... the flu!?!?

Guaranteed it will be tracked in the flu numbers by CDC starting in the fall.... just watch.

For that matter, where did this year's flu go? It magically disappeared when the term Covid-19 made it into the urban vernacular.
I'd again ask you to explain these:

1. They closed down New Zealand.. better results than Sweden.. what have you got to say to that?

2. Flu's happen in the fall/winter season.. Australia was in their summer season.. when they don't have the flu.. but they had a big outbreak of your "flu". When have we in the northern hemisphere had a big outbreak of the "flu" during the summer? Like you said.. it's season dependent..s and comparable to the flu but if that's true.. how could there be a flu during the summer months in Australia?

3. Please tell me you know about the SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE AND DON'T TELL ME YOU THINK THAT THEY ARE ON THE SAME SEASON AS US BECAUSE YOU THINK THE EARTH IS FLAT AND SO IT DOESN'T MATTER.

Why can't you admit when you are wrong on something and move onto a different argument? I'm sorry but I'll have to copy and paste this post each time you post but don't reply to it. Sweden wasn't right to keep open and have double the death rate as their neighbors.. but you want us to be like Sweden but without give each citizen free healthcare and education system with their high tax rate.

Old 04-26-2020, 10:17 PM

743 posts, read 968,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Just to be clear, what are you saying the death rate is?
Firstly, I've been in both camps throughout this ordeal, arguing with some ultra conservative friends in the beginning and now the liberal side that I feel aren't interpreting the current data correctly or choose not to.

With the antibody tests in NYC showing that 40-50 times the amount of people actually already had it and didn't die and were never a counted "positive" the death rate is around 0.04%, nearly double that of the flu at 0.02%. Again, this is taking the WORST levels in the country from the epicenter in NYC, other states and areas may be much lower.

From the New York data, we’ve learned that healthy children have a true mortality rate near zero. Children can occasionally become ill, but if healthy, they almost never die. The mortality rate for everyone under 45 is also quite low. If you’re healthy and under 45, you have a substantially higher risk of dying in a car wreck or even from a self-inflicted gun shot wound than the Chinese Virus. If you are under 65 and healthy, dying of this virus is still only about as risky as driving.

I was never against lock down, like I said, I feel like we handled it right. I literally changed my opinion Wednesday of last week once a slew of data came out. Now it’s time to get our lives back. The fact that our economy is in shambles and millions of lives destroyed combined with an election looming 6 months away makes me feel there are obvious ulterior motives at play and it's beyond sad.

Old 04-27-2020, 12:18 AM

2,076 posts, read 4,074,841 times
NYC COVID-19 deaths as of today = 12,067
NYC population (google says) = 8.4 million

That means 0.14% of the total population has already died from it. Of course we know even if no one else got infected, the death count would still increase since there are people in the hospital today who will still die from it. Basically there is no way the death rate is 0.04%.

The NYC antibody test (assuming it is accurate) showed that approx 20% of NYC had antibodies. If we freeze today's deaths (again that is not accurate, the death count will increase) then we can say 8.4 million * 20% (NYC antibody percentage) * x (death rate) = 12,067. That would give is a death rate of 0.72%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardogfsu View Post
With the antibody tests in NYC showing that 40-50 times the amount of people actually already had it and didn't die and were never a counted "positive" the death rate is around 0.04%, nearly double that of the flu at 0.02%. Again, this is taking the WORST levels in the country from the epicenter in NYC, other states and areas may be much lower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada