Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 12:33 AM

912 posts, read 2,447,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
The PATH is 1.75$ and runs every 90 sec during Rush hour.....its the best deal in the Region...
You're right on that one. PATH is a great deal if you live close to one of the stops. It's actually pretty quick and efficient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 12:37 AM

912 posts, read 2,447,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
Ummm.................... The toll money is collected by the Port Authority Of New York/New Jersey, not the city of New York.
The revenue generated goes to funding & maintaining PANYNJ entities in both states. Come on man, keep up.
Eh, Verrazanno is city-owned, so is the Henry Hudson, Marine Park and the Triboro, so are a couple of the tunnels (Baterry, Midtown). The fact that between all the cars that pay tolls daily on these bridges/tunnels and the millions upon millions of daily subway riders the city can't turn a profit is mind-boggling.

NYC should be overflowing with cash. The fact that it's cash-strapped (like NY state and NJ) is a result of horrible fiscal policies and a disgraceful welfare state. I haven't seen PANYNJ setting the world on fire with surpluses, either.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:48 AM

88,617 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
No , they need to charge more......

Trains are actually pretty clean , swept every day , and washed 2x a week. Only 2 lines are standing room , the rest are packed to the point of only a few seats. Of Course when the MOM network opens later this decade everything will be worse. The PA uses it Toll $$$ to operate its bridges , PATH and Tunnels....and Ports...

Yea the Ferries would be great if they were cheaper , and ran more. Like the Ferry form Hoboken to the WFC is like 6.35 and runs every 5-10mins. The PATH is 1.75$ and runs every 90 sec during Rush hour.....its the best deal in the Region...
Yes, it is! PA runs it at a loss. I don't think the fare even covers the electric bill.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:05 AM

48 posts, read 161,908 times
NY City is the city that never sleeps...I must say I am glad it is near. Normally I park my car a few blocks from Penn Station in Newark for free and take the train to NY.

Old 12-20-2010, 06:01 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,861,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, it is! PA runs it at a loss. I don't think the fare even covers the electric bill.
By the End of the Decade when they finish upgrading it shouldn't be a big loss as it is now. Also when the PA does an overhaul of itself it should be that big of a loss.....I'm looking forward to the Airport , Port Elizabeth / Jersey Gardens Mall and Midtown Elizabeth line....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey