Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2013, 08:08 PM

221 posts, read 379,669 times

Advertisements

Many Puerto Ricans have black ancestry, but I think it ranges from mostly to somewhat to little to not at all. Central and South Americans are usually Amerindian and European predominantly...they can have little to no African ancestry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 04:12 AM

402 posts, read 751,912 times

Black in Latin America E02, Brazil: A Racial Paradise - YouTube

Old 12-24-2013, 10:11 AM

Ok except for black Brazilians. But there are also many white Brazilians and Indigenous Brazilians and mixes as well. I'm sure you can find black people anywhere. It's too bad people like Gates have to go looking for black people in other countries when there are many here already with many issues and no guidance. From my experience, the blacks in many other countries seem more happy in their culture.

I remember I was shopping at a store once and a Dominican girl was being harassed by some African American men. She was black, but she didn't like these guys who were aggressively bothering her. It became a big racial issue where she was telling them off and saying that she is very happy to belong to her culture but they were furious that she was rejecting them. They started to call her w*tback, etc, in my presence. I don't really care. I'm illegal or anything. But it just goes to show a lack of manners and animalistic reactions.

Last edited by FlowerpotFlowers; 12-24-2013 at 10:20 AM..

Old 12-24-2013, 10:12 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerpotFlowers View Post
Ok except for black Brazilians. But there are also many white Brazilians and Indigenous Brazilians and mixes as well.
I believe brazil has more black people than any other country on earth.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:22 AM

Ok Captain, I'm not Brazilian and I've never been there. I've only really met really white Brazilians...who look German or extremely European. I correct myself. I met others who were mixed too...I just didn't see more than a handful of considerably African looking Brazilians. This was a church I attended a few times. Maybe the culture is like here where different races stick more to their own.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:26 AM

8,632 posts, read 12,990,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I believe brazil has more black people than any other country on earth.
Well at at least any other country outside of Africa.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerpotFlowers View Post
Ok Captain, I'm not Brazilian and I've never been there. I've only really met really white Brazilians...who look German or extremely European. I correct myself. I met others who were mixed too...I just didn't see more than a handful of considerably African looking Brazilians. This was a church I attended a few times.
this Brazilian thing came up in a conversation with my wife recently. I remember there was some "Brazilian soccer team" picture floating around where all the girls were super hot. but I bet they weren't really soccer players on any team. if you cherry pick the best looking girls in any country to show to the world, then people will get a false image of that country. same thing with Puerto rico. for some reason, a lot of people have this assumption that there are a lot of attractive girls there. you walk around a mall in Puerto rico and you will see a bunch of 300 pound chicks with moustaches thicker than tom selleck's.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Well at at least any other country outside of Africa.
I think brazil still wins since it is a very large country with a high population. if it was the highest % blacks, then you probably have an African country taking the lead.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:31 AM

Still, while people like Gates talk about blacks in Brazil or anywhere else...it seems like they would prefer to find people who have little black ancestry to get close to rather than people who actually look like them. Maybe they have just given up on being African. I even think he was married to a Caucasian woman and had a daughter with her. I don't understand if he is so concerned with Africans why he wouldn't choose to be with one when he is looking for them everywhere.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:36 AM

Captain NJ, I'm not Brazilian but I will admit that these girls were like models and I was like the ugly duckling. We went to a diner and the place stopped for them. At the church, many were not that special. But I have met many in passing who are just really pretty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey