Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2014, 11:01 PM

5,536 posts, read 7,112,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Things are looking worse by the day for our esteemed governor:
Your right, I'll bet right now he is getting esteamed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 12:47 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
It seems that our esteemed governor has succeeded in either hiding or short-circuiting an investigation into the gaming of the state pension system by his Lt. Governor, but it is just possible that, as a result of recent events, interest in this investigation will now be revived:

CHRISTIE KEEPS PENSION PROBE RECORDS FROM PUBLIC VIEW AS GOVERNOR EYES SECOND TERM & 2016 RACE FOR WHITE HOUSE Investigative Report by Mark Lagerkvist

As to how our esteemed governor has managed to keep this investigation out of public view, this is a likely explanation:

GOV. CHRISTIE OFFERS JUDGESHIP TO DIRECTOR OF GUADAGNO PROBE Report by Mark Lagerkvist

It is becoming very difficult for me to view Chris Christie as anything other than corrupt at this point.

Old 01-22-2014, 03:53 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,708,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlite View Post
Olympian Carl Lewis Says Chris Christie Tried to ‘Intimidate’ Him Out of State Senate Race - ABC News
I guess all these people are dirty, calculating liars, but not CC lol. I understand one or two people may be making stuff up, but when it's everyone saying the same thing about one person, it tends to be true. I wonder how long till he's impeached.
You mean Carl " I really don't live in NJ" Lewis who tried to pull a fast one and run for office.

Old 01-22-2014, 04:30 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Default Clearly he cares more about political patronage than about integrity

I am incredulous that our esteemed governor is adding more fuel to the fire:

Christie 'punishes' head of abusive state agency with judgeship: Editorial | NJ.com

Old 01-22-2014, 04:49 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Gotta love you tolerance people, being so intolerance with the fat jokes.
Don't forget the squirrel-on-the-head Rand Paul jokes. This thread is as far from being about Rand Paul as any thread could be but the fat-basher just couldn't wait to show us how witty he is by throwing up that little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Raising taxes even back then? Send this to Dead-Squirrel-on-the-head Rand Paul!

As president, The Review praised Christie for his efforts to expand the commencement ceremonies and establish a student activity fee. However, the paper also contained hints of the rougher side of his leadership.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:20 AM

396 posts, read 708,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
It is becoming very difficult for me to view Chris Christie as anything other than corrupt at this point.

I have said it from the beginning: this ends up with Christie in jail.

I am not a Democrat, I am not a Republican and I have zero ax to grind here other than following this and other news stories. If he is not a crook, then a great many in his administration *are* which then makes him a patsy---and I don't think he is a patsy.

David Samson--he is the key to all this and a name we will get to hear more often in the coming days.

I noticed this the day of the press conference--and it struck me as odd---but did you notice how adamantly Christie went out of his way to exonerate Samson based SOLELY on his word? He basically said he had met with David Samson that morning and "he believed him"......which was a hilarious thing to say on the heels of his expressing sadness at having been "lied to" by Bridget Kelly. (In fact, that whole conference, he seemed way more upset about being lied to than what was being alleged.......) How could he so easily "believe" David Samson when his own buddy Wildstein said "Samson would retaliate" against the NY side of the PA for opening the bridge? So bizarre......

......yet incredibly less bizarre when you consider David Samson's company where he is a named partner represents the Rockefeller Group.

So I read a couple days ago that David Samson hired a lawyer Michael Chertoff, the former US Security Chief---and someone whom David Samson awarded a NO BID government contract of over $1.2M recently. Interestingly, David Samson's firm is the auditor of Sandy fund distribution. See a pattern yet?

Anyway--I think this is the guy to watch and there is something greater at play here that has not yet come out including all that stuff about the Hunterdon county scandal posted earlier in this thread. just found this:

http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/l...pe=hp_topstory

Old 01-23-2014, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
I am also surprised this story does not get more attention

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/11/ny...shed.html?_r=0
....and this.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:45 AM

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/24/ny...ey.html....and this, which happened on Corzine's watch.

I am starting to think our entire state government is filled with criminals.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:08 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanonGrace View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/24/ny...ey.html....and this, which happened on Corzine's watch.

I am starting to think our entire state government is filled with criminals.
You are a bit slow in that regard. Any criminality of elected officials reflects the character of NJ voters and their inability to evaluate candidates using the proper criteria. The stories of legal and illegal fraud are many in this small state and the conclusion is as you suppose.

Hate to break it to you but the federal government, which doesn't exist without your tax money, has institution waste and often hires contractors who did not provide the lowest bid or given to contractors without biddding. Are you not suspicious when Pallone charges that the state did not choose the lowest bidder? Think he is ethical? You give a contract to redo your kitchen to the lowest bidder without regard to any other criteria? If not you can't approve of Pallone's statement which involved your tax money.

Think it strange and not dripping with political revenge that the DOJ assigned a prominent US attorney within 24 hrs of CC's speech while other pressing national issues wait in the que. Be suspicious if you are not of this blatant purely political move by the Obama administration in preparation of a run by Hillary.
Then ask yourself if the mob mentality to hang CC deserves a sober look.

There are claims of emails linking obama and holder to fast and furious, benghazi, the IRS supressing votes and the Air force 1 and F-16 fighter jet un announced flyover NYC. Hillary to whitewater and Vince Foster's death. The head of the ways and mneans committe which is in chagre of the US tax code was charged with tax evation as was the head of the treaury. Time to get holy about the feds corruption and waste if CC is seen as a problem.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:50 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Why omit the "specious" allegations against Reagan and Bush for the Contras aid and the lying under oath that occurred to protect their asses....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey