Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 04:15 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,079,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
To me imo:

Northern NJ = "Dogs eating Dogs" with many.

Southern NJ = "Pitchers throwing curveballs with no word" with many.
I was going to say - North Jersey "dog eat dog." South Jersey "human eat dog"

Old 06-02-2014, 04:28 PM

516 posts, read 1,617,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
It comes from everyone having these crazy ridiculous stereotypes about us and our state - and not being afraid to share no matter how ignorant or ridiculous. We constantly have to defend ourselves and our state.

Like for example you saying "Joisey."

It is also confirmed by folks (me) who have lived in this state for 15 years and spent time in other parts of the country. Jersey has its positives. But, a culture of kindness is not one of them.

It could be related to too many rats in the cage. I wonder whether it is also related to cultural differences. For instance, those of a Mediterranean descent (i.e., Italian, Greek) may not mind the 'in your face' style of the NY/NJ area, and in fact may even appreciate the frankness. On the other hand, those of a German/English descent found in say Ohio or the midwest may neither be prone to this style, nor appreciate it. This, of course, is just speculation.

Old 06-02-2014, 04:57 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,526,808 times
Quote:
It comes from everyone having these crazy ridiculous stereotypes about us and our state - and not being afraid to share no matter how ignorant or ridiculous. We constantly have to defend ourselves and our state.

Like for example you saying "Joisey."
"Constantly have to defend ourselves and our state" What does this even mean???

With that mindset, you might as well consider youself openly hostile.

Old 06-02-2014, 06:03 PM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Hmm. And I always thought the greatest thing about being "MEAN, ANGRY, and RUDE" is that you don't have to give a cr*p if someone thinks you are mean, angry, and rude.

Point being, you are only insulting the people who are not mean, angry and rude.

What does that say about you?

Last edited by AnesthesiaMD; 06-02-2014 at 07:11 PM..

Old 06-03-2014, 06:26 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,984,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaDoo View Post
yes thats it....JOISEYGIRL ! would be a more accurate name for you. not too late to change it

... and I think you can still change to DonnaDooDoo

Old 06-03-2014, 07:34 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,200,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaDoo View Post
yes thats it....JOISEYGIRL ! would be a more accurate name for you. not too late to change it
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
... and I think you can still change to DonnaDooDoo
C'mon people, lets please calm down now.

Everyone imo is entitled to their opinion(s) of this thread subject.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:43 AM

12,883 posts, read 14,001,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
"Constantly have to defend ourselves and our state" What does this even mean???

With that mindset, you might as well consider youself openly hostile.
You know what that means. Don't play dumb.

You're one of the posters who continuously harps on NJ, even on our own forum…

Old 06-03-2014, 10:41 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,526,808 times
Quote:
You know what that means. Don't play dumb.

You're one of the posters who continuously harps on NJ, even on our own forum…
I harp on this forum becuase it's constantly posted on by idiots who take pot shots at users for expressing what they think. Some people come on from other forums and make sincere posts an oftentimes get beaten down. It's not classy, it's cliquish. I agree with the other poster who says people from Jersey have attitude problems, because in my experience it's absolutely true.

But hey, thanks for the paranoid delusion that everyone is out to get people from Jersey (paranoia is another very 'Jersey' personality trait, btw.)

Old 06-03-2014, 01:54 PM

123 posts, read 236,758 times
I've found that compared to other states, people in NJ (especially northern NJ and greater NYC area) are much more curt in public situations. Most of this can be attributed to the hectic lifestyle and high-stress nature that comes with living around here. For example, it drives me insane when people start chatting up the cashier when they are in front of me on line. I did not come into Walgreens to strike up a convo. I came to Walgreens to buy my merchandise and get out so I can run and do one of the other 20x things on my "to do list" today. This is in sharp contrast to other areas I've visited in the US (esp. parts of non-Miami Florida), where strangers at the grocery store, pharmacy, etc., will chat you up about almost anything.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:02 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,001,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
I harp on this forum becuase it's constantly posted on by idiots who take pot shots at users for expressing what they think. Some people come on from other forums and make sincere posts an oftentimes get beaten down. It's not classy, it's cliquish. I agree with the other poster who says people from Jersey have attitude problems, because in my experience it's absolutely true.

But hey, thanks for the paranoid delusion that everyone is out to get people from Jersey (paranoia is another very 'Jersey' personality trait, btw.)
Sure, those are your intentions.

You never blatantly insult the state, anything and everything about it, or its people…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey