Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 02:32 PM

91 posts, read 104,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofagunk View Post
Most people that ask that question are really asking "why aren't people exactly like me and have the same way of doing things?". They probably expected someone at the local malt shop to give the pop on a tab that they would pay when they were leaving town.
As an outsider, I've always had great experiences in NJ and have met some of the coolest and most down-to-earth people there. I don't think people in NJ are any more mean, angry, or rude than anywhere else. Most of the stories I read in this thread could happen anywhere.

I'm not naive or innocent. I understand the dynamics that people are describing, but in my personal experience, the people I've met have been friendly and fine.

I don't mean to ramble, but I grow tired of hearing that people in the northeast are unfriendly by nature. It's simply a different culture. Just because we're sitting next to each other waiting for a train, but not talking, doesn't mean we hate each other. In my experience, when something happens that prompts people to talk, the vast majority are friendly and helpful.

Just like a few others have said, it would annoy me to be chatted up in every line I stood in. I don't waste other people's time chatting it up with the clerks, or walking like I'm the only one on the sidewalk, or driving without any sense of efficiency. What I do see, which outsiders probably never would, are the small acts of politeness, for instance, when people move out of your way, either walking or driving, sort of where you catch yourself interfering with others and so you immediately move and do that body language that says, "my bad." I recognize that type of behavior as actually being very polite, and I see it often, without the need for us to stop and chat about it.

NJ people are as friendly as anywhere else.

Last edited by Mantronix4204; 06-03-2014 at 02:52 PM..

Old 06-03-2014, 02:48 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,526,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Sure, those are your intentions.

You never blatantly insult the state, anything and everything about it, or its people…
How about addressing my post instead of throwing out another pointless rant?

Old 06-03-2014, 03:10 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,968,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
How about addressing my post instead of throwing out another pointless rant?
How about you give it a rest? You're the one ranting and raving like a lunatic, making absurd statements like "New Jersey people are all about being secretive", then accusing others of being paranoid and delusional. Then you call the entire NJ Forum a "clique" of "idiots", and turn around and accuse people here of being openly hostile. Do you even hear yourself?

You contribute nothing to this forum but your toxic anger, which the "laid back" and "more down to earth" state of California has obviously done nothing to dissipate.

Wherever you go, there you are, eh, FreshFlakes?

Plenty of people here have stated negative opinions and experiences about NJ, and no one has "pounced on" or "beaten" them down. With the exception of YOU, and your troll DonnaDoo, all the differences of opinion have been civil.

Old 06-03-2014, 03:43 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,526,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
How about you give it a rest? You're the one ranting and raving like a lunatic, making absurd statements like "New Jersey people are all about being secretive", then accusing others of being paranoid and delusional. Then you call the entire NJ Forum a "clique" of "idiots", and turn around and accuse people here of being openly hostile. Do you even hear yourself?

Plenty of people here have stated negative opinions and experiences about NJ, and no one has "pounced on" or "beaten" them down. With the exception of YOU, and your troll DonnaDoo, all the differences of opinion have been civil.
Wah wah wah Oh give me an f-ing break. Ranting and raving like a lunatic? I'm just keeping the thread moving along. You just have a low tolerance for arguing a point. Not my problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey