Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 10:23 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,411,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnThaGrind View Post
i loved that post... i have been beating myself up inside for leaving the NJ/NYC area since i have arrived here in the god forsaken state of florida. I need to come back, and this post just violently pulled me towards leaving a lot sooner than later! I miss my 4 seasons, the food, the proximity to like 5 major cities within 5 hours, just everything, even the stereotypes! The schools out there are 10 times better than even the A rated schools here in florida. I have a son and i originally thought that it would be better to raise him here in south florida, but i was dead wrong.
It shocked the reaffirmation of needing to leave NC to head back home into me.

I still maintain I've never been more moved to come back to NJ than after reading that post. It's a keeper and should be stickied.

Old 12-29-2007, 04:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,829 times
Angry Dillusional

Obviosly the only place you have ever lived. I have lived all over the USA and am retired Air Force I came to NJ very optimistic because I was offered a decent jo and decided to jump from the service after 21 years. WOW what a culture shock I live in a so called good area of NJ, Marlton area and have found that the people here are the rudest folks I have ever seen. Home prices are crazy I live in a piece of crap that was 300K in 05. Sure we we are close to the shore, Philly and NYC but who wants to be around wall to wall miserable people. I dont understand the cost of housing out here when all NJ has to offer is political corruption, overinflated taxes, and high falluten soccer moms that drive their 100K mercedes around with their noses in the air. Stop being dillusional and lying to yourself and the rest of us. I am getting out as soon as the housing market allows it. AHHGG I feel like im in prison, stand up for yourself and stop electing these liberal money hoarding politicians in office. Thanks for letting me vent.

Old 12-29-2007, 05:51 PM

543 posts, read 1,456,357 times
Wow, somebody's got sour grapes.. btw, you spelled delusional wrong (I was educated in NJ, just more evidence of our excellent educational system here) I agree with you about the corrupt politicians, but some of us actually do like this state.

Old 12-29-2007, 06:23 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,337,416 times
Jerz has lots of good people and lots of bad people.

We have very low lows, and very high highs. That is what this place is about.

I do hate the corrupt school system, the corrupt politicians, and high taxes, and the lax immigration control.

I love the food, the proximity to everything, the variety of things to do.

It is a love hate relationship

Old 12-30-2007, 12:12 AM

1,453 posts, read 4,931,505 times
It's unfortunate that you feel like you're in prison but you could feel that way anywhere. You don't like the part of the country you are in. The value systems of the people are ticking you off maybe. Different strokes. At least you had tons of options.

You can't assume that everyone here is posting from NJ. Many of us are out of the area. For someone from the south or midwest- this part of the U.S. is usually a hard transition. I am from NJ but if I were to move back now it would be to the urban area for a job opportunity only. There are many parts of the U.S that I would prefer not to live in but I am a realist about it. Having your family around is a reason to prefer living anywhere and I guess you could argue that might cloud people's view. But I think that NJ and surrounding states are full of folks who understand exactly where they are. Dulusions? I think that's off base.

I have not had any family living around me since I was a teenager (very long time ago) and that forced me to take stock of my surroundings at a very early age. I have found that the people I grew up around are very much realists. Way more on average than people I have met from other parts of the U.S. I believe that's because we come from a place that is just harder to survive in period. The cynicism, materialism, rudeness, etc is more intense than in many other places but it does not define everyone.

Growing up in a place like NJ is very different than moving here as an adult-especially coming from another part of the U.S. You will never have the same perspective as a native. That does not mean that your points are not valid but they are not "evidence" that most here are delusional either.

Old 12-30-2007, 06:29 AM

70 posts, read 272,435 times
I have been living in Central Florida for almost 15 Years and not once would ever consider Myself a 'Floridian' but have always been Proud to say that i'm a Jersey Boy... who I must say is 'Coming Home' in February (back to Wildwood Crest) for good! God, I Love New Jersey!

Old 12-30-2007, 07:12 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,632,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Code 65 View Post
Obviosly the only place you have ever lived. I have lived all over the USA and am retired Air Force I came to NJ very optimistic because I was offered a decent jo and decided to jump from the service after 21 years. WOW what a culture shock I live in a so called good area of NJ, Marlton area and have found that the people here are the rudest folks I have ever seen. Home prices are crazy I live in a piece of crap that was 300K in 05. Sure we we are close to the shore, Philly and NYC but who wants to be around wall to wall miserable people. I dont understand the cost of housing out here when all NJ has to offer is political corruption, overinflated taxes, and high falluten soccer moms that drive their 100K mercedes around with their noses in the air. Stop being dillusional and lying to yourself and the rest of us. I am getting out as soon as the housing market allows it. AHHGG I feel like im in prison, stand up for yourself and stop electing these liberal money hoarding politicians in office. Thanks for letting me vent.
Interesting post. My standard reply seems to be in order here. I guess you will be leaving soon. Being so down on New Jersey I'd say cut your losses now and go find a better place!

Old 12-30-2007, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchick View Post
Wow, somebody's got sour grapes.. btw, you spelled delusional wrong (I was educated in NJ, just more evidence of our excellent educational system here) I agree with you about the corrupt politicians, but some of us actually do like this state.
Yeah, and what the heck is "I was offered a decent jo" . I guess when one is angry spelling goes out the window. I'll say this. Sister Mary Mathew is flipping in her grave right now .

Old 12-30-2007, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
Jerz has lots of good people and lots of bad people.

We have very low lows, and very high highs. That is what this place is about.

I do hate the corrupt school system, the corrupt politicians, and high taxes, and the lax immigration control.

I love the food, the proximity to everything, the variety of things to do.

It is a love hate relationship
Good post. What I would add is that the immigration issue is on the federal government, so I'll give our corrupt politicians a little bit of a pass on that one. Wow, I don't believe I just said that!

Old 12-30-2007, 08:10 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,631,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
Good post. What I would add is that the immigration issue is on the federal government, so I'll give our corrupt politicians a little bit of a pass on that one. Wow, I don't believe I just said that!
Your getting soft Exdo, keep them on the edge of thier seats. Your aware that our STATE attorney general won't let us ask someone that is arrested for a 3rd and 4th degree crime thier immigration status. It has to be 2nd or 1st degree crime. So it filters all the way down. Feds, State, than us poor local boys. Enjoy that pension. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey