Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 09:03 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,782,207 times

Advertisements

Love Jersey, i live in the poconos now, but my family is still in Jersey. I will always be a Jersey girl, i love it and there is no place like it!!!!!!!!

Old 03-20-2008, 08:00 AM

717 posts, read 774,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
Love Jersey, i live in the poconos now, but my family is still in Jersey. I will always be a Jersey girl, i love it and there is no place like it!!!!!!!!
This just about says it all. Love New Jersey but cant afford to live there.
Jersey is a corrupt,dirty, ugly state. There are an enormous number of places to live that put NJ to shame in every aspect.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:10 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,631,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGIANTS View Post
Jersey is a corrupt,dirty, ugly state. There are an enormous number of places to live that put NJ to shame in every aspect.
Come on now, I would agree with the corrupt part, but to label the whole state as dirty and ugly, I would suggest traveling to some shore areas and northwest NJ.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:23 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,672,910 times
Quote:
I don't think your comment is in any way in line with the post you quoted, or reality for that matter.

My town is not only clean, but incredibly beautiful as well so... keep your silliness to yourself if you can't accept the truth.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
I don't think your comment is in any way in line with the post you quoted, or reality for that matter.

My town is not only clean, but incredibly beautiful as well so... keep your silliness to yourself if you can't accept the truth.
Lets calm down here. Im posting the stereotypes. I grew up in a beautiful Morris County suburb. I golf in sussex and somerset county County-- Awesome!
The state has some decent areas but unfortunately when it comes to electing Government officials the ugly areas of New Jersey rule the vote and the cycle of corruption continues.

I mean look at the post I originally responded to- I Love New Jersey but live in the Poconos now-- Hilarious!
Why I may ask?

The Jersey shore is becoming Coney Island south. LBI is the last hope for a clean Jersey shore. Been to Sleezside heights lately?

Old 03-20-2008, 10:51 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,968,935 times
Quote:
The Jersey shore is becoming Coney Island south. LBI is the last hope for a clean Jersey shore. Been to Sleezside heights lately?
wow, speaking of stereotypes! the beauty of the shore is that there are dozens of towns and places to visit and they all have their own unique personalities, there is literally a town for every kind of tastes. I live right next to sandy hook but I would never go there on a summer weekend, but for literally millions of people that is the place to go.
Seaside is over run by young partying city types, some people really like the high paced nite life found there, but obviously it's not your cup of tea. some people will find a dry family orientated town like ocean city more to their liking, other will complain that they need to travel a bit to buy a bottle of beer or wine. I personally hate the wildwoods but others swear by the place. live and let live!
the key is to find a place where you are comfortable, and with so many places to choose from it's not hard to find a good fit for you and your family

Old 03-20-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
wow, speaking of stereotypes! the beauty of the shore is that there are dozens of towns and places to visit and they all have their own unique personalities, there is literally a town for every kind of tastes. I live right next to sandy hook but I would never go there on a summer weekend, but for literally millions of people that is the place to go.
Seaside is over run by young partying city types, some people really like the high paced nite life found there, but obviously it's not your cup of tea. some people will find a dry family orientated town like ocean city more to their liking, other will complain that they need to travel a bit to buy a bottle of beer or wine. I personally hate the wildwoods but others swear by the place. live and let live!
the key is to find a place where you are comfortable, and with so many places to choose from it's not hard to find a good fit for you and your family
Grew up going to Wildwood Crest every year. Cape May and most south Jersey beaches are beautiful.
One summer my brother rented a house at Sea Isle City- Had a blast there every weekend.
I'm basically just busting chops about Jersey. Of course you can point out the great parts and bad parts as with any state.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:15 PM

49 posts, read 217,881 times
Thanks for the postive remarks about New Jersey!

Old 03-21-2008, 12:14 AM

330 posts, read 1,198,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyOnTheMove View Post
Aaaah, New Jersey. My only home. I love this place. All the stereotypical minutiae. I love the off-the-boat Italians in Lodi and Cliffside Park, with their homemade mozzarella and cannoli. Ah, the smell of the pizza, the aroma of a nice loaf of semolina bread, served with a dish of garlic in olive oil.
Speaking as a third generation Italian American who has lived in Lodi for over 40 years I find your "off the boat" comment to be very offensive. FYI, the overwhelming majority of those Italian Americans families who still reside in Lodi have been in this country for three and four generations. I doubt you've ever even been in Lodi from your comment. Also it's mostly hispanic these days as many Italian Americans have moved on to greener pastures. I also see you have moved or will be moving out of NJ. Funny way to show your devoted love.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:45 PM

1,422 posts, read 3,442,665 times
you hit the nail on the head jennie on the move.. i too love jersey.. i just wish they would make it more affordable.... lower my huge tax bill for a small home...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey