Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2008, 07:15 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,611,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischfan13 View Post
We call that a WASP.
A WASP? Well I guess that would make me a great candidate for office then : ))) Mom was a prody but dad came from a very strict Irish Catholic background! So I guess that would make me a WASCP?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 07:19 AM

1,308 posts, read 4,621,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
And those hanging statues in a cage with water dripping down fish line material that makes up the cage bit : )) I'm of Irish decent and my grandparents and aunts all had plastic on their furniture - might be a brooklyn thing : )))
And it seems like the Italians always had statues all over and lampshades with gaudy beads hanging off them... but thier houses smelled so good with all that food cooking

Old 04-09-2008, 07:32 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,697,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fischfan13 View Post
Geez, I used to walk into Wexler's on Broadway in Bayonne as a kid and wished that I had the cash to buy one of those dripping lines for my parents!
*O*M*G* - me too!!! We'd park in front of there to go to Adele's or somewhere and I'd be like "MOOOOOOMMMM, PLEASE can we buy one of these????". She's like "Uh, dear, it really wouldn't match our decor"...

Wexler's!! What a rush! And wasn't the dripping line actually oil?

Old 04-09-2008, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
*O*M*G* - me too!!! We'd park in front of there to go to Adele's or somewhere and I'd be like "MOOOOOOMMMM, PLEASE can we buy one of these????". She's like "Uh, dear, it really wouldn't match our decor"...

I think it was oil..lol - my aunt had one - I never liked it but I also couldn't stop staring at it..lol : )))

Old 04-09-2008, 07:40 AM

828 posts, read 3,138,858 times
Quote:

Yes, it was oil.
I used to have a huge crush on their daughter...another reason to go into the store.

And I used to go into the Broadway Nut Shoppe 'cause I had a crush on one of his daughters....well, maybe it was two of his daughters.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:59 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,924,956 times
Quote:
don't bother. i like drew carey and thought he was a good choice, but when I saw an episode...blech. he's so monotone and lifeless. it's a shame.
That's a shame. But he's still a better choice than Rosie O'Donnell, who apparently was being seriously considered.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:01 AM

1,308 posts, read 4,621,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
That's a shame. But he's still a better choice than Rosie O'Donnell, who apparently was being seriously considered.
Then I would have never watched it again, her attitude makes my skin crawl.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:03 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,924,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marye711 View Post
Then I would have never watched it again, her attitude makes my skin crawl.
And she makes my blood boil.

I heard "Price is Right" was on prime time last Fri. evening, but I missed it.

Old 04-10-2008, 05:49 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,330,568 times
OK- I am going to twist this back to "Jersey'isms". Does anyone remember eating Chocodiles as a kid? "It takes a while to eat a Chocodile". I loved these and cannot find them anywhere. I look in NJ, NH, FL but they are no where. I thought I read they are still carried on the west coast a while back-guess I should research that a little.

My husband grew up in northern NJ and does not remember them. I grew up in Ocean County and loved them and remember kids always bringing them in their lunchboxes. People up here in NH that I ask do not recall them.

Do you guys remember Chocodiles?

Nicolem

Old 04-10-2008, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
OK- I am going to twist this back to "Jersey'isms". Does anyone remember eating Chocodiles as a kid? "It takes a while to eat a Chocodile". I loved these and cannot find them anywhere. I look in NJ, NH, FL but they are no where. I thought I read they are still carried on the west coast a while back-guess I should research that a little.

My husband grew up in northern NJ and does not remember them. I grew up in Ocean County and loved them and remember kids always bringing them in their lunchboxes. People up here in NH that I ask do not recall them.

Do you guys remember Chocodiles?

Nicolem
OMG!!!! I loved chocodiles! They were only 25 cents remember! I'm always asking people if they remember but no one else does. Chocolate covered twinkies. If you find any, let me know or mail me a few hundred please : )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey