Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2008, 07:46 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,330,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Anyone remember "Quisp" (sp) cereal? It was my all time favorite and they no longer make it. Captain Crunch Crunch Berry is my substitute of choice these days... if you ever opened our pantry, you would think we had 10 kids..lol : ) Nothing but junk food! I should really start that diet soon..lol : )
I don't remember Quisp. Is this it? If so it appears you can purchase it. Hope you didn't spend all your $$ on Chocodiles!

Quisp.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 07:47 AM

1,308 posts, read 4,621,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Anyone remember "Quisp" (sp) cereal? It was my all time favorite and they no longer make it. Captain Crunch Crunch Berry is my substitute of choice these days... if you ever opened our pantry, you would think we had 10 kids..lol : ) Nothing but junk food! I should really start that diet soon..lol : )
Yes quisp quazy for energy lol mmmmmmmmm loved that cereal.... They just had a thing on aol about those forgotten cereals, such as King Vitamin (have breakfast with a king) I forget the others but wasnt there a Quake also?

Old 04-10-2008, 07:48 AM

Yes Nicole that is it!!

Old 04-10-2008, 07:50 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,611,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Ok, I am going to tell a story that will make people think I am very strange, regarding Quisp. Back when I was about 10, or 11, a few friends and I were contemplating (as micheveous children do at that age) what kind of trouble we would start on Mischief night, the night before Halloween. The usual suggestions were put forth. We had a school mate at the time, an odd sort of kid with the surname "Quist". My suggestion was to take a box of Quisp cereal and sprinkle the contents all over his front yard.

Needless to say, my suggestion was 'voted down' immediately in committee.
The night before halloween is "goosy night" by the way : ) That's the best you can do? We use to tie peoples doors together and ring and run - or put a bag of dog poop on their front step and light it on fire...ring the bell and run - watch from the woods as they stomped out the fire...then stop to look at their slipper full of poop..lol : )

Old 04-10-2008, 07:50 AM

Please tell me you guys are not going to spend $9 on a box of sugary crap??

Old 04-10-2008, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marye711 View Post
Please tell me you guys are not going to spend $9 on a box of sugary crap??
ummm..yes, I believe so! what can $9.00 get you these days anyway... a gallon of gas!

Old 04-10-2008, 07:52 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,806,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Wow- I do not remember Jack in the Box in NJ. Where was it? How well is that food going to travel? Hopefully the airport screeners don't get a craving for Jack in the Box.

However I do remember Burger Chef and Genos-both fast food places and I was absolutely heartbroken when they closed. I loved Burger Chef-their mikshakes were awesome and I always collected all the baseball cards and sports glasses that they had.

I remember Genos- anyone remember a Geno's Giant? Geno's was founded by a Baltimore Colts player if I remember correctly. First Name Geno-he had an Italian last name maybe started with a "T"?

I used to go to Genos and Burger Chef-both on 37 in Toms River. IMHO-that is when fast food was edible. Anyone else remember these two places?

Gino Marchetti, defensive end Baltimore Colts, played next to Art Donovan, anchored the defensive line for their two championship teams 1958-59.

My best friend John at the time could eat 4 Geno's Giants, honest to god. I could barely put down two if I was very hungry. This was around 1975. I remember this because Genos was giving away miniature plastic NFL helmets for those who purchased Giants. The decals were included on a separate sheet of paper for all 28 teams. (Boy, I still remember how difficult it was to put the Rams decals on the helmets, because of the curves) That's why I know it was 1975. The following year, the Buccaneers and the Seahawks joined the league. I still have that collection of all 28 teams as a wall ornament, thanks to my friend John, partially due to his eating efforts I was able to collect all 28 helmets. My son today looks at those helmets every so often. About two weeks ago he attempted to put one on my cat's head and turn my cat into a football player. That will give you an idea of how small those helmets are.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:55 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,806,914 times
Quote:
Wow- I do not remember Jack in the Box in NJ. Where was it? How well is that food going to travel? Hopefully the airport screeners don't get a craving for Jack in the Box.

However I do remember Burger Chef and Genos-both fast food places and I was absolutely heartbroken when they closed. I loved Burger Chef-their mikshakes were awesome and I always collected all the baseball cards and sports glasses that they had.

I remember Genos- anyone remember a Geno's Giant? Geno's was founded by a Baltimore Colts player if I remember correctly. First Name Geno-he had an Italian last name maybe started with a "T"?

I used to go to Genos and Burger Chef-both on 37 in Toms River. IMHO-that is when fast food was edible. Anyone else remember these two places?

Nicole,

My friend Matt lived in Florham Park, a long way from Tom's River! He said there was a JITB location on what was then Route 24.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:56 AM

Quote:
I don't remember Quisp. Is this it? If so it appears you can purchase it. Hope you didn't spend all your $$ on Chocodiles!

Quisp.com
"did you ever know that you're my heeeer o...." I am going to get so fat this spring! What about Chicken Little from Kentucky Fried Chicken - that secret sauce (mayo salt & pepper..lol)

Old 04-10-2008, 07:56 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,330,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Gino Marchetti, defensive end Baltimore Colts, played next to Art Donovan, anchored the defensive line for their two championship teams 1958-59.

My best friend John at the time could eat 4 Geno's Giants, honest to god. I could barely put down two if I was very hungry. This was around 1975. I remember this because Genos was giving away miniature plastic NFL helmets for those who purchased Giants. The decals were included on a separate sheet of paper for all 28 teams. (Boy, I still remember how difficult it was to put the Rams decals on the helmets, because of the curves) That's why I know it was 1975. The following year, the Buccaneers and the Seahawks joined the league. I still have that collection of all 28 teams as a wall ornament, thanks to my friend John, partially due to his eating efforts I was able to collect all 28 helmets. My son today looks at those helmets every so often. About two weeks ago he attempted to put one on my cat's head and turn my cat into a football player. That will give you an idea of how small those helmets are.
Oh my God- I remember those helmets too!!!! I also remember having to put the stickers on separately. Wow-four Geno's Giants for your friend-impressive!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey