Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2008, 06:05 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,330,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
OMG!!!! I loved chocodiles! They were only 25 cents remember! I'm always asking people if they remember but no one else does. Chocolate covered twinkies. If you find any, let me know or mail me a few hundred please : )
I am sooo glad you remember. As I said-my husband does not remember. He says he never heard of them or had one. He pretty much remembers all the other stuff when we talk about growing up in the 70's and 80's in NJ. Is it possible this was a central/southern NJ thing? Did anyone in northern NJ have them and love them as much as Wiley and me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 06:09 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,611,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
I am sooo glad you remember. As I said-my husband does not remember. He says he never heard of them or had one. He pretty much remembers all the other stuff when we talk about growing up in the 70's and 80's in NJ. Is it possible this was a central/southern NJ thing? Did anyone in northern NJ have them and love them as much as Wiley and me?
I grew up in Northwest Jersey. I'm going to go and google chocodiles..maybe someone is selling them on ebay..lol - might be a bit moldy huh?

Old 04-10-2008, 06:24 AM

828 posts, read 3,138,858 times
Chocolate covered Twinkies?!?!?!
What a blast from the past...they were excellent!

Old 04-10-2008, 06:51 AM

1,308 posts, read 4,621,229 times
Quote:
OK- I am going to twist this back to "Jersey'isms". Does anyone remember eating Chocodiles as a kid? "It takes a while to eat a Chocodile". I loved these and cannot find them anywhere. I look in NJ, NH, FL but they are no where. I thought I read they are still carried on the west coast a while back-guess I should research that a little.

My husband grew up in northern NJ and does not remember them. I grew up in Ocean County and loved them and remember kids always bringing them in their lunchboxes. People up here in NH that I ask do not recall them.

Do you guys remember Chocodiles?

Nicolem
No I dont and I am lder than you I think, they sound gross!

Old 04-10-2008, 07:00 AM

hey guys...look what I found!!!!!!!! Fresh Chocodiles - Order Hostess Chocodiles for Delivery

Old 04-10-2008, 07:01 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,388,885 times
Quote:
They're a Hostess snack, and may still be available at convenience stores. If not, you can order them here:

Fresh Chocodiles - Order Hostess Chocodiles for Delivery

Old 04-10-2008, 07:03 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,330,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Well my husband's 40th b-day is April 25 -Guess I will have to get him a box of Chocodiles and he can finally have one!

Nicolem

Old 04-10-2008, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Well my husband's 40th b-day is April 25 -Guess I will have to get him a box of Chocodiles and he can finally have one!

Nicolem
My birthday is April 26th so maybe you can shoot some my way..lol : ) My grannies birthday was the 25th. Going back to jerseyisms..."I'm shooting my "whole wad" on chocodiles today.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:09 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,806,914 times
We have them here in New Mexico periodically. It's not all the time, but I've had them since I've moved here. Happy days are here again, that's all I have to say!

Marye711, they are not gross. They are the nectar of the gods.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:12 AM

755 posts, read 2,334,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyOnTheMove View Post
My daughter claims that no one at her school understands "Taylor Ham" - but I'm sorry, in Jersey, that's what its called. Pork Roll sounds VERY unappetizing! LOL. Also, "Picking up Bagels" is just a normal, everyday (especially Sundays) thing to do, but only in Jerz. LOL I thought I was the only one who said "It's the Pedal on the right" while screaming at the slowass in front of me! And I believe we know "Fries with Mozz and Gravy" as "Disco Fries" due to the fact that the kids eat them at like 3 AM after coming back from the clubs in the city.

And here I thought I was the only one screaming about the pedal on the right!!! I keep wondering if they lost that pedal, some people drive too slow for Jersey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey