Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2008, 08:08 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,612,425 times

Advertisements

Ok..guess I'll have to wait until later to order my Quisp and Chocodiles... I'm getting told to get off this forum and get my butt in the shower as we have things to do today - "stomp, pout, stamp, stomp, pout some more..arms crossed, pout, stomp, stomp!!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 08:38 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,925,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
OK- I am going to twist this back to "Jersey'isms". Does anyone remember eating Chocodiles as a kid? "It takes a while to eat a Chocodile". I loved these and cannot find them anywhere. I look in NJ, NH, FL but they are no where. I thought I read they are still carried on the west coast a while back-guess I should research that a little.

My husband grew up in northern NJ and does not remember them. I grew up in Ocean County and loved them and remember kids always bringing them in their lunchboxes. People up here in NH that I ask do not recall them.

Do you guys remember Chocodiles?

Nicolem
No, I don't remember Chocodiles. But I do remember sneaking out of the house as a kid to buy some Bazooka Joe bubble gum for 5 cents each at the local 7-Eleven.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Well my husband's 40th b-day is April 25 -Guess I will have to get him a box of Chocodiles and he can finally have one!

Nicolem
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
My birthday is April 26th so maybe you can shoot some my way..lol : ) My grannies birthday was the 25th. Going back to jerseyisms..."I'm shooting my "whole wad" on chocodiles today.
Happy b-day in advance to nicolem's b-day and wileynj. My b-day is also coming up in a couple weeks. So, maybe I should also get in on the Chocodiles.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:32 AM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,366,924 times
I've never had a chocodile, but they sound good!

Old 04-10-2008, 02:58 PM

Remember playing outside..cops & robbers or Toma (remember that show? and all of a sudden that echo throughout neighborhood would start.. we would all jump up like Merkats.. listening to make sure it was in deed true...and when we knew for sure that it was for real we would all run toward our houses screaming "THE ICE FREAM MAN IS COMIN'!, ICE FREAM MAN! MOM!!! ICE FREAM MAN IS COMING!!!!!" then all you would see is a bunch of quarters flying out of everyone's windows from our moms... I loved the one with the little gumball in the bottom!

Old 04-10-2008, 03:19 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,331,280 times
Quote:
Remember playing outside..cops & robbers or Toma (remember that show? and all of a sudden that echo throughout neighborhood would start.. we would all jump up like Merkats.. listening to make sure it was in deed true...and when we knew for sure that it was for real we would all run toward our houses screaming "THE ICE FREAM MAN IS COMIN'!, ICE FREAM MAN! MOM!!! ICE FREAM MAN IS COMING!!!!!" then all you would see is a bunch of quarters flying out of everyone's windows from our moms... I loved the one with the little gumball in the bottom!
I liked the rocket pops and also those orange cream ones- I think called "push-ups".

Old 04-10-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
I liked the rocket pops and also those orange cream ones- I think called "push-ups".
..Toasted Almond...Chocolate Eclair and Strawberry shortcake! Good Humor man was the best! That Mr. Softy always gave me the creeps! I was so sure it was a pedophile test pilot rehabilitation program - take them out of prison, force them to take "salt peter" and then have them drive around in a Mr. Softy ice cream truck to see if it would work..lol : )

Old 04-10-2008, 09:09 PM

Quote:
..Toasted Almond...Chocolate Eclair and Strawberry shortcake! Good Humor man was the best! That Mr. Softy always gave me the creeps! I was so sure it was a pedophile test pilot rehabilitation program - take them out of prison, force them to take "salt peter" and then have them drive around in a Mr. Softy ice cream truck to see if it would work..lol : )
LOL ... I think my fav. was the sandwich ice cream.

If we're going to go back on Memory Lane, did anyone play the game "Red Rover", as in "Red Rover, Red Rover, send <name> right over"? Ahh, those were the days.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:00 AM

665 posts, read 1,926,727 times
[quote=beowulf7;3423371]LOL ... I think my fav. was the sandwich ice cream.

If we're going to go back on Memory Lane, did anyone play the game "Red Rover", as in "Red Rover, Red Rover, send <name> right over"? Ahh, those were the days. [/QUOT

Yes, I do remember that game ,there were many kids on our block that we had a great time , or what about the game red light ,green light?I have been reading the posts here with enjoyment.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:08 AM

Marko.... Polo....Marko......Polo : ) Nowadays it's Reality Fighting... Super mario... I feel kids today are deprived of the kind of childhoods we had. Maybe some moms and dads in here can take their kids outside this weekend and teach them some of the great games we used to play!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey