Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 05:25 PM

110 posts, read 548,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
So all these new comers are arriving and whining because they aren't considered white. 90% of Latinos in the United States are not, and on visual observence aren't considered white by most Americans. I know in your home countries, you where white, but not here. Really, we americans do not want you to import your 4 centuries old colonial racial caste system which favors being white as the ideal, even if your not. In california, myself, some asians I know, blacks, recent European immigrants can tell the difference between even an Italian and a white skinned Hispanic who obviously has that (there is some Amerindian in there) look, even if so subtle. My buddy Angel who I was in the Navy with was from Mexico and he had totally white skin, blue eyes and even red cheecks, but you could tell by his eyes, facial and head shape that he wasn't pure white. He is majority white I guess but I would definitely consider him mixed. I'm mixed and really tired of seeing mixed people try and pick a part of them to masquerade as, sad.
Food for thought: 82% of respondants in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico chose 'white' as their race in the 2000 United States Census.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:58 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,628,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciao9999 View Post
Food for thought: 82% of respondants in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico chose 'white' as their race in the 2000 United States Census.
Who cares. I'm white and I'm proud to be called an American.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:32 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,504,944 times
Who knows what is white anymore? Some "Hispanic" people have blonde hair, fair skin and blue eyes - I have met them.

Also - white people really dont understand how other races see themselves. We put the label Asian on Chinese AND Korean people - if you call a Korean person Chinese they are very offended.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:08 AM

21 posts, read 53,544 times
Where are you running to people? The whole world is mixed. If you want to just see and be around whites try one of the Scandinavian Countries and even there I'm not sure that everyone is all white.

And by the way white did not discover America they stole it from the Indians(Native Americans). And they definitely didn't build it up for themselves they stole African people away from their lands to build it up for them. Get your history books out people. When ever you go over train tracks thank those black men who built them the under the gun (literally). Now they want to run from everyone they let in the country to do the hard work. They killed off all the Native Americans, tried to kill off all the Blacks (still running from them), they are trying to run away from the Mexicans they allowed in to do all the menial work in recent years (who really are the relatives and decendents of Native Americans), Now they've allowed the Asian Indians and East Asians in to do their tech work and when they're finished using them up they'll be running from them. (or worse trying to kill'em off (if their smell don't kill you off first))

We're all here now so instead of building the country up under American ideals of freedom, liberty and and respect, keeping english as the unifier of us all you fight a losing battle that only harms wild life as you run to develope land for yourselves to hide where they once lived...And you wonder why Smokey the bear just clawed your child to death. duh

Oh...but, I forgot the idea of America wasn't invisioned for any one else but whites. Everyone else is suppose to work real, real hard for you and then just die.

Last edited by cniknik; 03-17-2008 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: meant to type now not, not.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:18 AM

Default White Flight

And by the way there is only one race the human race. It's okay to claim different nationality and ethnicity if that makes you happy, but, we're all the same. We just look, act, eat, dress and (lord knows) dance differently. And that's OK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cniknik View Post
Where are you running to people? The whole world is mixed. If you want to just see and be around whites try one of the Scandinavian Countries and even there I'm not sure that everyone is all white.

And by the way white did not discover America they stole it from the Indians(Native Americans). And they definitely didn't build it up for themselves they stole African people away from their lands to build it up for them. Get your history books out people. When ever you go over train tracks thank those black men who built them the under the gun (literally). Now they want to run from everyone they let in the country to do the hard work. They killed off all the Native Americans, tried to kill off all the Blacks (still running from them), they are trying to run away from the Mexicans they allowed in to do all the menial work in recent years (who really are the relatives and decendents of Native Americans), Now they've allowed the Asian Indians and East Asians in to do their tech work and when they're finished using them up they'll be running from them. (or worse trying to kill'em off (if their smell don't kill you off first))

We're all here now so instead of building the country up under American ideals of freedom, liberty and and respect, keeping english as the unifier of us all you fight a losing battle that only harms wild life as you run to develope land for yourselves to hide where they once lived...And you wonder why Smokey the bear just clawed your child to death. duh

Oh...but, I forgot the idea of America wasn't invisioned for any one else but whites. Everyone else is suppose to work real, real hard for you and then just die.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:20 AM

Default White Flight

yes, cj, but again, where are you going?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ-FROM-NJ View Post
I keep hearing people refer to the term white flight when they talk about NJ? Does that refer to the influx of immigrants moving in and us whities moving out?

Old 03-17-2008, 08:21 AM

253 posts, read 1,267,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ-FROM-NJ View Post
Because they live 15 in a house like many old immigrants used to do many years ago. Plus immigrants today are hard workers that will put crazy hours in to provide for their families, not that you don't but they work long laborous hours.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:32 AM

253 posts, read 1,267,118 times
Quote:
And by the way there is only one race the human race. It's okay to claim different nationality and ethnicity if that makes you happy, but, we're all the same. We just look, act, eat, dress and (lord knows) dance differently. And that's OK.

In the perfect world we would sing spirituals, hold hands and use this quote - however in the real world - I guess some people have the mentality that
"if it ain't white - it ain't right". kinda weird. and the strange thing is that I don't personally know white people (well except 1) who act this way or talk this way against immigrants or blacks, but I guess the behavior says differently.

big·ot (bĭg'it) Pronunciation Key (broken link)
n. One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

The world is full of them and when you use the term, it's used so negatively, but I personally don't think there's anything wrong with it - as long as no one is hurt or harmed in any capacity - it's okay to want to live amongst your own.

I don't think that white people will get a black, hispanic or indian neighbor and say ... oh let's flee, but if you set a standard of living for yourself and your family that doesn't include living amongst other races then that's a personal prefernce and it's okay. No one is going to cry or shed a tear that you don't want to live next to them . . . they can probably care less, but to each his own and you can't fault a white community, hispanic, portugese, indian or black community for wanting to keep it as such.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:42 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,385,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girl-973-908-732 View Post

One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ
I think many folks fall along the lines of the "One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics" part, but aren't necessarily in line with the "and is intolerant of those who differ" part.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:44 AM

786 posts, read 2,664,826 times
Quote:
And by the way there is only one race the human race.
Well, to be honest, there ARE different "races" if one uses the correct definition of the term, and I think that's great. Gives some variety to life.

However, there is only one SPECIES of human beings currently (barring the occasional neanderthal lurking somewheres).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey