Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2015, 09:03 PM

50 posts, read 68,227 times

Advertisements

Got called.....sent in papers...is an interview set up quickly? Then what...
Thanks four your help

Old 07-15-2015, 09:24 PM

457 posts, read 737,086 times
I was contacted months ago and was asked in the email to provide a time for an interview. Of course, I immediately provided an interview time. Guess what? Every time I did, I'd get the run around response like "I'm busy" or "I'm processing such and such and will get back to you". As this charade was going on, I'm sitting there asking myself: Related Management is asking for the interview. Yet every time I provide a time, it's never convenient.

There's really nothing to say except that waiting is part of the lottery process. Anyways, I finally had my interview and everything was about finances.

Good luck to you.

Old 07-15-2015, 11:23 PM

41 posts, read 65,778 times
You found the answer? What was it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
of course I am! The agent asked me if I'm okay paying a good $200 bucks over for a certain studio or the regular price. I asked if there is a difference in the actual apartment and the answer was no. So now I'm wondering why they'd ask me if I'm interested in paying x or x+200.

Old 07-15-2015, 11:24 PM

41 posts, read 65,778 times
I had asked the same and was told you won't be able to put couch and bed in a studio. But if anyone else knows different, please let us know. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileenandherbie View Post
Can anyone tell me if It is possible to put a couch and a bed and a nice size TV in the studio?? Which one can you do this with..the one with the open kitchen? Must you have a Murphy bed to make a studi here work? Suggestions....
Thsnks

Old 07-16-2015, 05:38 AM

136 posts, read 217,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPS4Life View Post
You can request to see your apartment the day you sign the lease. Since they have a c/o it shouldn't be a problem. I'm on the 5th floor one bedroom at commons and I saw the apartment when I signed the lease yesterday.
The Related told me that they are issuing leases for middle income group first and then going down to low income. I assume you are middle income as well as opposed to low income category? Don't know how preference group work under low income though. I'm still waiting to be called for 3 floor to sign the lease.

Old 07-16-2015, 08:54 AM

6,687 posts, read 6,033,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopingForTheBest View Post
You found the answer? What was it?

My new raise put me in a higher income bracket on the leasing guidelines.

Old 07-16-2015, 09:08 AM

101 posts, read 159,473 times
Default Appeal win

I was sent a letter telling me I made too much money to qualify. I appealed the decision by mailing a letter with documents proving my income Tuesday the 14th. the next day they email me telling me to call them to set up an interview before the 29th of July. Not happy I wasn't given more time to gather more documents since they are asking for some stuff I was not prepared for, but I realize I should not complain.

After reading the forum for months and hearing people say they waited months for an answer I am shocked to have been so lucky so far. Here's wishing more pictures would be posted to see the layouts and the true size of the studios after they are furnished. Good luck to everyone.

Old 07-16-2015, 09:10 AM

Default leases

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
My new raise put me in a higher income bracket on the leasing guidelines.
So far, it seems true that only middle income people are getting their leases for now, since no one else from low-income category commented or from the preference group yet....

Old 07-16-2015, 09:18 AM

Default preference

Quote:
Originally Posted by LICCAT View Post
If you don't mind can you share your log number.
preference group low income category

Old 07-16-2015, 10:02 AM

142 posts, read 198,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtresko View Post
preference group low income category
I mean your actual log number. You don't have to give the exact number just something close. I was just trying to figure out where they are number wise in the lower income group.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery