Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2017, 10:54 AM

32 posts, read 57,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
Yep, if you get drawn from the hat and technically appear not to qualify, they will send you an automatic denial that you can appeal
Omg yes thanks ! And how is the appeal process like how do I send themm my appeal and stuuf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2017, 11:12 AM

994 posts, read 1,057,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camila0325 View Post
Omg yes thanks ! And how is the appeal process like how do I send themm my appeal and stuuf
Well, thats what sucks. Having been through one myself, I can tell you that there are no guidelines..you just need to send in whatever you think is necessary to prove why the denial should be overturned. In the case of income, since yours is just wrongly input, that'll be easy, just submit pay stubs and statements to show the correct number (which Im assuming IS within the ranges). Now, should what you make and what they calculate differ, thats where is gets hairy because if you make X and they say you make Y, you have the task of disproving their math and more than a couple folks on here will tell you thats

They'll tell you how to submit - usually by mail and they will provide the address, timeline etc

Old 09-29-2017, 01:18 PM

32 posts, read 57,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
Well, thats what sucks. Having been through one myself, I can tell you that there are no guidelines..you just need to send in whatever you think is necessary to prove why the denial should be overturned. In the case of income, since yours is just wrongly input, that'll be easy, just submit pay stubs and statements to show the correct number (which Im assuming IS within the ranges). Now, should what you make and what they calculate differ, thats where is gets hairy because if you make X and they say you make Y, you have the task of disproving their math and more than a couple folks on here will tell you thats

They'll tell you how to submit - usually by mail and they will provide the address, timeline etc
Oh okay perfect ! Wao smh I have to send basically every paperwork for a appeal for the interview just to get an interview 😫😫🤦*♂️Smh I was so excited to see that lottery open that I didn't even check my profile 💔💔☹️

Old 09-29-2017, 07:36 PM

3 posts, read 5,391 times
Hey I'm in the lottery process too , I went for certification back in February and was assigned an apartment and given a floor plan and everything ; they told me all I had left to do was orientation then move in buttt.... still waiting. Now I just got an email from housing connect saying they're opening a "phase 2" lottery for the building and I'm hella confused??? Like what is going on with the first one cuz I'm getting lowkey impatient !

Old 09-29-2017, 08:18 PM

34 posts, read 59,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericashmerica View Post
Hey I'm in the lottery process too , I went for certification back in February and was assigned an apartment and given a floor plan and everything ; they told me all I had left to do was orientation then move in buttt.... still waiting. Now I just got an email from housing connect saying they're opening a "phase 2" lottery for the building and I'm hella confused??? Like what is going on with the first one cuz I'm getting lowkey impatient !
Phase 1 lottery took a 6 months paused due to litigation, it has resumed but the amount of available units have been reduced to make units for phase 2. Here is the breakdown

40% AMI= 107 units (phase 2)
60% AMI= 128 units (phase 1, originally at 235 units)
120% AMI= 59 units (phase 2)

The next orientation/apartment viewing/lease signing is scheduled for October 4th, 2017 for those that reached the certification step since the lottery resumed and received HPD approval.

Basically, pray that your log number for phase 1 is low enough to be assigned a unit before the dreaded wait list hit

Old 09-29-2017, 09:30 PM

3 posts, read 5,391 times
I was already assigned a unit tho, on the 36th floor I believe. I haven't received any notification about the upcoming orientation tho, should I be worried? Idek how to get in contact with these people ��

Old 09-29-2017, 10:12 PM

34 posts, read 59,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericashmerica View Post
I was already assigned a unit tho, on the 36th floor I believe. I haven't received any notification about the upcoming orientation tho, should I be worried? Idek how to get in contact with these people ��
All previous assigned unit are cancelled, once they reach your log number, you will be ask to update your documents. If qualify, they will assign a new unit to you.

Since you have not been contacted to update your documents, you have not reach the certification step again. You will have to wait for the next orientation

Old 09-30-2017, 06:28 AM

387 posts, read 559,259 times
Wow! That's ****ed up

Old 09-30-2017, 09:18 PM

67 posts, read 115,971 times
Lol forget the 36th floor. I got 33rd floor and I went to orientation and saw the unit. But know they are saying. They will give me an other unit. Not the same one... that is not fair. They are also really slow..and lose and mess up the documents... just be careful.

Old 09-30-2017, 09:21 PM

67 posts, read 115,971 times
And make sure, if you guys don't have 2016 tax return transcripts. You should order from IRS. It takes 5 to 10 days.

They didn't ask me before but now they are asking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery