Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2022, 12:41 PM

6,685 posts, read 6,031,429 times

Advertisements

Some of the studios have balconies too!

https://streeteasy.com/building/sky-...t-new_york/49t
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2022, 12:55 PM

1,408 posts, read 2,033,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Some of the studios have balconies too!

https://streeteasy.com/building/sky-...t-new_york/49t
This one I know doesn't, I looked up the floor plan. I probably won't pursue it but I'll sit on it a couple of days, don't have to answer until April 1 (actually the 6th but I leave for vacation before then).

Old 03-23-2022, 12:55 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,886,510 times
the affordable units in this bldg do not offer balconies, that's only for market rate renters

Old 03-23-2022, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
This one I know doesn't, I looked up the floor plan. I probably won't pursue it but I'll sit on it a couple of days, don't have to answer until April 1 (actually the 6th but I leave for vacation before then).
the studios in that building are small af. if you like cluttered shoebox living, by all means go for it

Old 03-23-2022, 12:58 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,838,730 times
Some of my colleagues are market rate tenants at Sky. The apartment building is indeed gorgeous with lots of amenities but the amenities fee is horrendously expensive!!! They also open their amenities to non residents who can pay a membership fee so you don't have to live in there to enjoy their luxurious lifestyle, money talks I guess but that makes it less privacy to residents.

Old 03-23-2022, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
Some of my colleagues are market rate tenants at Sky. The apartment building is indeed gorgeous with lots of amenities but the amenities fee is horrendously expensive!!! They also open their amenities to non residents who can pay a membership fee so you don't have to live in there to enjoy their luxurious lifestyle, money talks I guess but that makes it less privacy to residents.
I concur. the building is fire. certain units are better than others...

they waitlisted me, but when I interviewed I was very specific on which lines I wanted.. I told em, if its not those two options, no deal

Old 03-23-2022, 03:43 PM

86 posts, read 91,140 times
I used to actually live in one of the higher floor lotteries, i wonder if it’s the apartment i just left. It was on the X line, and it wasn’t as small as i first thought it would be. It had a huge walk in closet (only the higher x lines have it) and a normal closet. Market rate kitchen and bathroom. It’s a long story why i left but if i could’ve i would’ve stood.

Old 03-23-2022, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
If you don’t mind my asking - how much are the amenities at the summit and does it have a rooftop?
I ask because I find that some are a steal while others are very expensive!

Old 03-23-2022, 08:02 PM

86 posts, read 91,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
If you don’t mind my asking - how much are the amenities at the summit and does it have a rooftop?
I ask because I find that some are a steal while others are very expensive!

There are no amenity charges. You can only go to the outdoor area on the 10th floor - the fitness center and the pool are a different story- because the gym and pool are “life time fitness ” the building only offers a 10% discount. The gym membership is 200$ dollars a month and the pool pass is about 400 dollars extra for the summer and you can only get it with a gym membership. It’s ridiculous - oh and 400$ for weekdays 600$ if you want weekends included

Old 03-23-2022, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ang11 View Post
There are no amenity charges. You can only go to the outdoor area on the 10th floor - the fitness center and the pool are a different story- because the gym and pool are “life time fitness ” the building only offers a 10% discount. The gym membership is 200$ dollars a month and the pool pass is about 400 dollars extra for the summer and you can only get it with a gym membership. It’s ridiculous - oh and 400$ for weekdays 600$ if you want weekends included
Wow is that at the Summit? I was approved for an apartment at VIA 57 and the amenities were a steal. The price was 900 a year which translates to 75 a month. That included pool, gym, common areas, workspace etc.
I didn’t accept the apartment but it is interesting to see how prices differ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery