Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2022, 08:29 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,836,059 times

Advertisements

I believe Ang11 was talking about the amenities fee of Sky of which is indeed skyrocketing!!!

Summit has decent amenities fee. For affordable unit tenants, we pay $121.50 to get access to Arena (gym, jacuzzi, swimming pool, sauna, yoga, basketball court, squash court, boxing club, spinning room, etc) on the 4th floor & the Club on the 6th floor, additional $45 for SkyLounge (rooftop) on the 42nd floor so total $166.50/month. Market rate tenants pay more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Wow is that at the Summit? I was approved for an apartment at VIA 57 and the amenities were a steal. The price was 900 a year which translates to 75 a month. That included pool, gym, common areas, workspace etc.
I didn’t accept the apartment but it is interesting to see how prices differ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2022, 09:03 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,025,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ang11 View Post
I used to actually live in one of the higher floor lotteries, i wonder if it’s the apartment i just left. It was on the X line, and it wasn’t as small as i first thought it would be. It had a huge walk in closet (only the higher x lines have it) and a normal closet. Market rate kitchen and bathroom. It’s a long story why i left but if i could’ve i would’ve stood.
Wow, why did you leave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
I believe Ang11 was talking about the amenities fee of Sky of which is indeed skyrocketing!!!

Summit has decent amenities fee. For affordable unit tenants, we pay $121.50 to get access to Arena (gym, jacuzzi, swimming pool, sauna, yoga, basketball court, squash court, boxing club, spinning room, etc) on the 4th floor & the Club on the 6th floor, additional $45 for SkyLounge (rooftop) on the 42nd floor so total $166.50/month. Market rate tenants pay more than that.
For all that one is getting, it's a pretty good deal, but it's still on the steep side considering the new 130 AMI rents.

If you wanted to bring a guest, do you have to pay extra for that person? I went on another luxury building showing and they said it's 15 dollars to bring an extra guest for the day to use the amenities.

Old 03-23-2022, 09:06 PM

86 posts, read 91,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post

Oh ! Yes lol i misread it - i didn’t see where she asked about the summit.

Old 03-23-2022, 09:32 PM

I can bring up to two guests at no additional cost. For studio & 1BR units, we can request one additional membership at 50% discount if we want to but usually one membership per-apartment is enough because the households mostly won't hangout in the same time anyway. Overall, the amenities fee at the Summit is decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Wow, why did you leave?

For all that one is getting, it's a pretty good deal, but it's still on the steep side considering the new 130 AMI rents.

If you wanted to bring a guest, do you have to pay extra for that person? I went on another luxury building showing and they said it's 15 dollars to bring an extra guest for the day to use the amenities.

Old 03-23-2022, 09:43 PM

I just checked out the Life Time Fitness membership fee to use Sky amenities is $249 now & my colleague said to use outdoor swimming pool you have to pay $450 for weekdays only & additional $250 for the weekends so total $700 only to use outdoor swimming pool

Quote:
There are no amenity charges. You can only go to the outdoor area on the 10th floor - the fitness center and the pool are a different story- because the gym and pool are “life time fitness ” the building only offers a 10% discount. The gym membership is 200$ dollars a month and the pool pass is about 400 dollars extra for the summer and you can only get it with a gym membership. It’s ridiculous - oh and 400$ for weekdays 600$ if you want weekends included

Old 03-24-2022, 08:20 AM

1,408 posts, read 2,032,115 times
Quote:
I used to actually live in one of the higher floor lotteries, i wonder if it’s the apartment i just left. It was on the X line, and it wasn’t as small as i first thought it would be. It had a huge walk in closet (only the higher x lines have it) and a normal closet. Market rate kitchen and bathroom. It’s a long story why i left but if i could’ve i would’ve stood.
No it's a different line that they're offering me. It's not that small but it's not alcove either and has only one normal closet. I need more closet space plus it sounds like the amenities fee is pretty prohibitive so I think I am going to pass on pursuing it further.

Old 03-24-2022, 08:28 AM

12 posts, read 17,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
Just got emailed about a re-rental. Very high floor 120AMI studio. Have been happy where I'm at, and this one would cost me about $200 more a month in rent but I gotta say I am very tempted by this one... Grr,. why do I not get these before I renew a lease or was looking before, lol.
Did they tell you which letter/line the studio was in or send a floor plan?

Old 03-24-2022, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joscosticks View Post
Did they tell you which letter/line the studio was in or send a floor plan?
When it's a re-rental, the apartment number is usually right in the title of the listing. I then went to Streeteasy to look up the floor plan for that particular line (had to look at apartments in that line that were on floors close to that apartment, because apartments on the lower floors with that letter had a different layout).

Old 03-24-2022, 11:57 AM

12 posts, read 17,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
When it's a re-rental, the apartment number is usually right in the title of the listing. I then went to Streeteasy to look up the floor plan for that particular line (had to look at apartments in that line that were on floors close to that apartment, because apartments on the lower floors with that letter had a different layout).
Right, just curious what line it was.

Old 03-24-2022, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joscosticks View Post
Right, just curious what line it was.
It was the high floor L line (as opposed to the lower floors).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery