Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2019, 08:08 PM

5 posts, read 10,435 times

Advertisements

I SIGNED MY LEASE TODAY
For those who are interested here is my timeline below. My log # was 12,XXX.
• May 2015: I applied to 605 west 42nd aka Sky from the housing connect site. Never heard back, even forgot about it.
• October 14th 2018: 3 & ½ years later, I received a letter out of the blue (by mail) saying I did not qualify for the available units they had left (Two 1BR apt remaining). Back then I had 2 other people on my application to get a 2BR
• October 14th 2018: I sent an email explaining that I could qualify today and why
• October 15th: They emailed back with the long list of documents to provide to proceed with my application.
• October 25th: I dropped everything at their office rather than mailing it.
• January 2nd 2019: I went for my formal eligibility interview
• February 6th 2019: I went in for my certification, signed a bunch of papers and my prelease and was told my unit # and we scheduled the Orientation for the very next day.
• February 7th 2019: went to “Sky” for my orientation, saw my corner unit, loved it, signed the lease and gave them the money orders.

This is a quick summary. I had to provide additional documents several times or send latest paychecks and statements to keep my file up to date.

Basically it took 4 months from when they first contacted me. It could have been 2 months if I had provided everything they needed and went in for my interview directly when they said I could but I was out of the country for 3weeks.

I am moving in next week - Hope this helped – Good luck to those still waiting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2019, 12:38 AM

3,134 posts, read 2,729,934 times
Almost four years! That is hilarious. Congratulations.

Old 02-08-2019, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
Almost four years! That is hilarious. Congratulations.
Thank you

Old 02-23-2019, 02:40 PM

12 posts, read 17,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoko View Post
Thank you
What line are you in?? (Letter after your apt#). Corner unit must be nice!

I’m on a lower floor in a non-corner 1BR, but the apartment is still great.

Old 02-26-2019, 01:33 PM

I am on the F line. Lots of light in the LV

Old 03-03-2019, 11:38 AM

12 posts, read 17,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoko View Post
I am on the F line. Lots of light in the LV
Very nice! I did my orientation in a F line apt. I liked the corner layout! Which floors/appliances did you end up with?

Old 03-12-2019, 07:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,652 times
In early January, 2019, I received an email that my log number had been reached. Almost 18 months after I first applied.

In these 18 months I had become disabled, and because of that my income fell from 60% to the top of 40%, that overlapped, keeping me eligible.

My interview was on January 25th, and I brought everything they asked, and more. During the interview they asked for a couple more docs, and an Affidavit justifying every single deposit into my bank account, for the last six months, plus proof of the deposits.

I'm currently on HRA support, and last week they asked me for a HRA Breakdown and Proof of Shelter Subsidy.
I promptly got it and sent it to them via email. In the email I asked if that meant my case was moving forward > "Yes your file is moving forward. I submitted your file for final review. After the final review management will let me know if you are approved for the apartment and then I will contact you regarding the next steps."

Hopefully that means I'm finding out soon because I'm as anxious as I'm excited with this whole process.

Old 03-23-2022, 12:28 PM

1,408 posts, read 2,033,370 times
Just got emailed about a re-rental. Very high floor 120AMI studio. Have been happy where I'm at, and this one would cost me about $200 more a month in rent but I gotta say I am very tempted by this one... Grr,. why do I not get these before I renew a lease or was looking before, lol.

Last edited by popartist; 03-23-2022 at 12:40 PM..

Old 03-23-2022, 12:40 PM

6,684 posts, read 6,029,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
Just got emailed about a re-rental. Very high floor studio. Have been happy where I'm at, and this one would cost me about $200 more a month in rent but I gotta say I am very tempted by this one... Grr,. why do I not get these before I renew a lease or was looking before, lol.
Do it! Just submit your paperwork and see what happens

Old 03-23-2022, 12:41 PM

603 posts, read 599,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
Just got emailed about a re-rental. Very high floor studio. Have been happy where I'm at, and this one would cost me about $200 more a month in rent but I gotta say I am very tempted by this one... Grr,. why do I not get these before I renew a lease or was looking before, lol.
Very nice building with tons of amenities! Right by the river too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery