Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2016, 02:21 PM

454 posts, read 528,748 times

Advertisements

Ok i have everything. Im ready! Lol

Did the lady state any reason y u would or anyone be denied if someone brought in everything? Im so nervous cause my credit score is so low . Im gonna go cry now.

Old 10-20-2016, 02:32 PM

45 posts, read 58,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemylayla View Post
Ok i have everything. Im ready! Lol

Did the lady state any reason y u would or anyone be denied if someone brought in everything? Im so nervous cause my credit score is so low . Im gonna go cry now.

No she didn't say anything about that maybe I should have asked but girrrrl my credit is low because I have none and I hope that's not an issue I just sent like 60 pages via fax and I HOPE they got them all I called and asked and she said she got it BUT I'm gonna send them again cause I'm so nervous too

Old 10-20-2016, 02:42 PM

Aww i hope we get this. Im sure there were alot of people there right?

Old 10-20-2016, 02:44 PM

Sidenote where u at? We want to know how your interview went.😉

Old 10-20-2016, 03:02 PM

22 posts, read 86,934 times
I had my interview earlier this afternoon, well, if you want to call it that. They just collected documents. If you are a single applicant like myself, the process shouldn't take more than 15-20 min. I was seen by an older lady; she asked for (6 most recent pay stubs, lease, rent receipts, state/federal tax return, 6 bank statements, 401k statement & birth certificate). I did not volunteer additional documents or information, especially pertaining to assets. I only gave what she asked for. Before I left I asked her to go over my documents to make sure I had everything. She said "it looks good" & that I had everything. She said i should hear from them in 6-8 weeks. She advised not to call; I was not planning on calling anyway. Oh there was a minor issue, I had a $50 money order because from what I read it was the right amount for my income range, but the lady told they they were only accepting $25 regardless of income. So i had to go to the post office to get a new money order. I am glad this part is over. Now i am patiently waiting. Whatever the outcome, I'll be ok with it. I just hope they don't ask for more documents. Good luck to all!

Old 10-20-2016, 03:06 PM

188 posts, read 178,559 times
What's for you, will be for you, and no one can take it from you... that's the mindset I'm going in with.... we were this lucky to get this far, so let's hope it's God's will. We will be okay !

For the interview I'm the only adult for the household but can my mom accompany me? I need some moral support lol

Old 10-20-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Aww i hope we get this. Im sure there were alot of people there right?

I hope so too, when I went it was actually about A good 25-30 people and the process was fast my appointment was for 2:00 I got there at 1:40 and left at 2:12 so it isn't so bad

Old 10-20-2016, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yan2 View Post
What's for you, will be for you, and no one can take it from you... that's the mindset I'm going in with.... we were this lucky to get this far, so let's hope it's God's will. We will be okay !

For the interview I'm the only adult for the household but can my mom accompany me? I need some moral support lol
I agree 100% you are absolutely right

and there were people there with kids and babies and I saw some people sitting to the side as if they were waiting for someone so I'm sure she can go with you she just might not be able to sit with you while they're collecting documents buT I'm not too sure but yeah I saw teens sitting on the side with school uniforms and stuff waiting fo parents to finish up so yeah she might be able to go

Old 10-20-2016, 03:12 PM

22 posts, read 86,934 times
Quote:
Sidenote where u at? We want to know how your interview went.😉
Hey! I just posted my experience. There were quite a few people there but not overwhelmingly crowded.

Old 10-20-2016, 03:15 PM

188 posts, read 178,559 times
Thanks for the response! I appreciate it 😊;
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery