Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2017, 05:55 PM

275 posts, read 257,723 times

Advertisements

This process really is tough.

Old 07-27-2017, 07:54 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,847,113 times
Yes, it is very very tough. Sometimes some buildings are inexplicably quicker than others. Sometimes I hear horror stories about people waiting over a year. I sincerely hope that the current delay and BG's refusal to do anything further with our files until the building is ready is indicative of the fact that they hope to move us in shortly after they resume the lottery, get compliance approval, and HPD approval. I don't think I can take another wait of 4+ months after the lottery resumes. But I'm worried because in the form email they have been sending they say the process may take a "couple of months". So, like, at minimum, even if the lottery resumes say August 15, we're looking at October, November, December? Ugh.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
Yes, it is very very tough. Sometimes some buildings are inexplicably quicker than others. Sometimes I hear horror stories about people waiting over a year. I sincerely hope that the current delay and BG's refusal to do anything further with our files until the building is ready is indicative of the fact that they hope to move us in shortly after they resume the lottery, get compliance approval, and HPD approval. I don't think I can take another wait of 4+ months after the lottery resumes. But I'm worried because in the form email they have been sending they say the process may take a "couple of months". So, like, at minimum, even if the lottery resumes say August 15, we're looking at October, November, December? Ugh.
I think it's safe to say that we'll be waiting over a year. The lottery opened on 31 August 2016 so we're only 35 days shy of one year. I'm so with you on hoping for a break after all these delays. If there is any such thing as karma it will move along quickly in mid-August.

This is the most frustrating part for me so far. I just can't understand why BG is denying there is a TCO and not sending our files to HPD right now. My documents will reach the 120 days expiration date before the end of August. If things had resumed when the TCO was issued on 11 July, then I wouldn't have to run around again asking for those verification forms a second time, and BG wouldn't have to review them a second time.

I know waiting and imposing on people to sign a few forms is a small price to pay for this apartment when I sit back and look at it. I'm surprised how badly I've been taking the last couple of weeks! I don't know what it is.

Old 07-27-2017, 09:19 AM

At least it's August in a few days. Once it's August I'll feel better, because then I'll know it will be any day that they will restart the lottery. I am still worried about a few things:

- If I move out of my apt on 9/30 when my lease expires (because they raised the rent 20%), and they re-verify my tenancy with my landlord, will I be disqualified for no longer living in the CB?

- If this process goes until December and I get a promotion or a raise or a bonus when they conduct year-end reviews, will I be disqualified?

- If I get hit by a bus and die, would I be disqualified?

Ugh.

Old 07-27-2017, 09:46 AM

712 posts, read 772,578 times
How are the 120 days counted? By months or business days? I need to figure out when my 120 days expire. I know and join the frustration but we have to wait it out, it is out of our control. Do I feel it is unfair , yes I do, but our hands are tied. Continue to live day by day and move forward, I know this is easier said than done but don't let it cost you wasted days in your life.

Old 07-27-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New light baptist View Post
How are the 120 days counted? By months or business days? I need to figure out when my 120 days expire. I know and join the frustration but we have to wait it out, it is out of our control. Do I feel it is unfair , yes I do, but our hands are tied. Continue to live day by day and move forward, I know this is easier said than done but don't let it cost you wasted days in your life.
It's counted in days, but forget about counting, everyone will have to resubmit documents at this point, because even if it hasn't been exactly 120 days yet, it will likely take more time before a lease signing.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:42 PM

712 posts, read 772,578 times
Do you mean week days mon-fri or mon- sun?

Old 07-27-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New light baptist View Post
Do you mean week days mon-fri or mon- sun?
All days.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
At least it's August in a few days. Once it's August I'll feel better, because then I'll know it will be any day that they will restart the lottery. I am still worried about a few things:

- If I move out of my apt on 9/30 when my lease expires (because they raised the rent 20%), and they re-verify my tenancy with my landlord, will I be disqualified for no longer living in the CB?

- If this process goes until December and I get a promotion or a raise or a bonus when they conduct year-end reviews, will I be disqualified?

- If I get hit by a bus and die, would I be disqualified?

Ugh.
Hahaha! Please, BG and HPD, have mercy on us.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:35 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,864,067 times
I feel for you people, I truly do My last lottery experience nearly was the end of me. In some weird way I hope I never get picked for one again. And based on all my current log # results, I doubt that will happen. Try and not let it mess with you if you can. These lotteries are making us feel like what it must have felt like back in the day when people were on bread lines, part of me thinks the powers that be get off on this crap. The worst is that many of the people who work in these management companies and non-profit agencies that handle this are also trying for these apartments and people suck in general I can I see them gloating over making other peoples lives miserable, especially the ones who come so close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery