Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2017, 07:46 AM

116 posts, read 89,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
At least it's August in a few days. Once it's August I'll feel better, because then I'll know it will be any day that they will restart the lottery. I am still worried about a few things:

- If I move out of my apt on 9/30 when my lease expires (because they raised the rent 20%), and they re-verify my tenancy with my landlord, will I be disqualified for no longer living in the CB?

- If this process goes until December and I get a promotion or a raise or a bonus when they conduct year-end reviews, will I be disqualified?

- If I get hit by a bus and die, would I be disqualified?

Ugh.
But you also don't have to tell them you move, how would they know... or did you try to ask your land lord for a month lease .

Old 07-28-2017, 07:49 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,845,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMinnie View Post
But you also don't have to tell them you move, how would they know... or did you try to ask your land lord for a month lease .
Even if I don't tell them, they may ask for an updated landlord verification form (since they're going to ask for updated documents anyway), or they may simply contact the landlord to verify tenancy. I don't want to ask for an additional month because this could take several months, who knows. I need to figure something out if this goes past September 30.

Old 07-28-2017, 12:19 PM

275 posts, read 257,255 times
Quote:
Even if I don't tell them, they may ask for an updated landlord verification form (since they're going to ask for updated documents anyway), or they may simply contact the landlord to verify tenancy. I don't want to ask for an additional month because this could take several months, who knows. I need to figure something out if this goes past September 30.
I can't imagine them waiting to ask for documents past September 30. It seems like since we've all been interviewed already, we'll be in the first group to be contacted to send in new documents. Now, whether they call to verify again after September 30, I don't know...I guess it depends on how long they take with compliance and HPD. With the email saying "a couple months" that would put the end of the process in mid-October, but who knows what the truth will be. I'm glad it's the weekend. We're almost to August!

Old 07-28-2017, 01:14 PM

712 posts, read 771,878 times
I just rode past the building and there is so much work being done it's hard to tell how the building is actually coming. I was not able to stop and get a good look because of all the equipment and the workers were going out to lunch so they were all over the sidewalk in the street. The boarding is still up and like I said I couldn't see anything that was really interesting. I will try to go past the building this weekend and then maybe I can see if there has been any progress made. The entrance is still closed with the boards up the pathway and all of 60th St. Still has boards around the entrance with the link fence at the end . I will keep you posted.

Old 07-30-2017, 04:05 PM

I chose not to go by the building today. This process has consumed me since Feb when I first received my letter for an interview. As for those who contribute to this blog who have shared frustration and anxiety, I know it's easier said than done but we have to enjoy every day and try not to have this control our being. Tuesday is August and we hope for movement, but I remember saying that for July.
It will move whenever it moves and we just have to live as normal as possible. "Keep moving on" & "Keep looking up".

Old 07-31-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New light baptist View Post
I chose not to go by the building today. This process has consumed me since Feb when I first received my letter for an interview. As for those who contribute to this blog who have shared frustration and anxiety, I know it's easier said than done but we have to enjoy every day and try not to have this control our being. Tuesday is August and we hope for movement, but I remember saying that for July.
It will move whenever it moves and we just have to live as normal as possible. "Keep moving on" & "Keep looking up".
I did go by yesterday, not much has changed, they continue to work on the exterior sidewalk of the building. It looks very nice. Of course there's no way to know how much work they are still doing on the interior of the building. But I would think that the building is ready to be occupied.

Old 07-31-2017, 08:03 AM

It's almost August! Was the entrance visible from the street or are the boards still up?

Old 07-31-2017, 08:07 AM

You could always see the entrance from 60th Street. The boards are still up though and they might be for a while. Maybe even after moving in. They have to have the boards up while doing even minor construction I think. Basically, it's impossible to guess at this point when we might be able to move in. I hope they contact us sooner in August rather than later.

Old 07-31-2017, 08:12 AM

Quote:
You could always see the entrance from 60th Street. The boards are still up though and they might be for a while. Maybe even after moving in. They have to have the boards up while doing even minor construction I think. Basically, it's impossible to guess at this point when we might be able to move in. I hope they contact us sooner in August rather than later.
Thanks! I am pretty sure that is there is a TCO, you can move in. I hope they contact us sooner, too. Not sure there is anything we can do to get it moving. I just feel like I can't trust them to take care of this anymore, but I need to.

Old 07-31-2017, 08:43 AM

We have no control of the functioning of BG & HPD, I feel helpless in this process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.