Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2019, 03:09 AM

36 posts, read 86,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn13 View Post
Still hoping but I'm afraid by the time I get called in (if I get called in) I will no longer qualify based on income. I'm trying to stay positive though. Hope you're hanging in there too.
I'm so confused with this situation ... keeping my fingers crossed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 06:01 PM

2 posts, read 3,296 times
Can someone let me know the process of this? Im going on my eligibility interview soon

Old 01-17-2019, 06:02 PM

2 posts, read 3,296 times
Have you heard back for them yet?

Old 01-21-2019, 12:10 PM

132 posts, read 221,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justchris82 View Post
I'm not sure I agree with this assessment as a resident of Penn South. I pipe in the heating during the winter and A/C during the summer and my total electricity bills have averaged around $20/month. Fan Coil units bring heating and cooling from a central location and there is not a meter in the apartment.

First, I should clarify that I meant to write "much LESS electricity than a standard window AC unit." Second, it takes electricity to run the FCU, which is wired to your electrical lines. The cost of running hot and cold water through the pipes is included, but not the cost of running the FCU itself. There may not be a meter in the apartment but we are certainly billed for what we use. Our monthly statements show exactly how much power we used the last month and the price per kW.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:43 AM

15 posts, read 26,184 times
hello,

first time poster but long time follower of this thread. so around xmas time, i got a letter to view 2 studios and it said on the letter i was 16th in line for it. i probably didnt get it but on the site it says there was 188 people ahead of me. weird thing is when i count the people behind me im 16th in line. how is that possible.. i hope they didnt make a mistake or anything.

also what is the income limit for a studio? its been 5 years since we applied and got waitlisted. i am hoping i still qualify.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:08 AM

6 posts, read 11,213 times
Hi, can anyone who has viewed apartments and had 1st choice please share how long it took from the time you viewed them to the time PennSouth informed you that you were getting the apartment?

Old 01-22-2019, 01:27 PM

6 posts, read 8,190 times
Hi,

Does anyone know how to get computer number to log in the external wait list from the website. I did not even know I was on the wait list until I got a letter to view 4 1BR Apt with no balcony no dining area i was so surprised that I had a opportunity. Can anyone tell me how they first got notified about being put on the waitlist. Thanks.

Old 01-22-2019, 02:03 PM

431 posts, read 512,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckychances88 View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know how to get computer number to log in the external wait list from the website. I did not even know I was on the wait list until I got a letter to view 4 1BR Apt with no balcony no dining area i was so surprised that I had a opportunity. Can anyone tell me how they first got notified about being put on the waitlist. Thanks.
it was on the letter they sent way back after the lottery was complete. do you remember receiving one?

Old 01-22-2019, 03:56 PM

207 posts, read 356,401 times
What the heck is going on with this?! I have CB preference and still have not been contacted, it's been 6 months since applications closed !!

Old 01-22-2019, 09:05 PM

83 posts, read 236,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
happy for your friend wow
im guessing the kitchen didnt have an island?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery