Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2019, 08:55 PM

19 posts, read 15,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samc92 View Post
I received an email. Was waitlisted for one bedroom
What income bracket do you fall in ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2019, 06:10 AM

13 posts, read 10,965 times
Do anybody know what number they up to?

Old 10-11-2019, 06:26 AM

77 posts, read 52,004 times
Please can everyone keep in contact to see when the building open I’m so nervous tired of the shelter life god knows I want better for me and my son .

Old 10-11-2019, 10:34 AM

25 posts, read 38,770 times
Hey y’all , my log # is in the 50’s, anyone know the end # of the old list(current list)?

Old 10-11-2019, 11:23 AM

40 posts, read 59,040 times
The Mitchell Lama website says they’re on number 568 for a one bedroom, but I’m not sure what that means. I thought they only pick 500 numbers at a time.

Old 10-11-2019, 11:34 AM

25 posts, read 38,770 times
Yea I know that, was wondering at what # they are going to close that list.

Old 10-12-2019, 12:41 AM

69 posts, read 101,024 times
Hi
UPDATE...
I signed my lease today! I'm municipal. Low 100's log #.

On Sept 17th I signed my documents to be sent to Hpd.
Sept 24th got an approval from HPD.
On the same day of the approval I was contacted to schedule a viewing and lease signing.

On Sept 27th I viewed the unit.

Oct 11th signed lease.

They chose a move in date for me. I was OK with the date.

So stay patient everyone. If you scroll through this forum I have the timeline up of my entire process.

I was initially contacted in Jan 2019. My first interview was Jan 15th. From there it was a series of updating documents over and over and over again. This is really survival of the fittest. Don't give up. So long as they keep contacting you, you're still in the running. Give the documents that they request and that's all.

Keep in mind. You will have to pay 1st month rent, security deposit and prorated rent depending on when you sign your lease, PLUS optional amenities if you want them. Electric is additional as well and will be added on to your rent.

The building is beautiful! The concierge is very friendly. It's really a lot to take in. I'm gradually adjusting.

Good luck to all on this journey!!! Feel free to ask questions because it was very helpful for me to have you all here for support. I wish you all the best!!!

Old 10-12-2019, 06:29 AM

5 posts, read 3,677 times
I’m still waiting to hear about my appeal... at this point I’m so discouraged that I don’t even care to get in or anything. I called 2 weeks ago they told me to call this past Monday and when I called I was told that the appeal process takes 4-6 weeks. But I figure if my appeal gets approved all there going to do is put me on a waiting list so I just give up. Good luck to all of you who passed the first part. I hope that things work out in favor for all of those who passed the first process!!

Old 10-12-2019, 06:36 AM

45 posts, read 24,779 times
hey dont get discourged GOD is good always have faith and remember everything happens for a reason. GOD is behind everthying if its meant for you to have this apartment you will. Speak positive into the universe.

Old 10-12-2019, 07:21 AM

19 posts, read 15,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRETTYK View Post
Hi
UPDATE...
I signed my lease today! I'm municipal. Low 100's log #.

On Sept 17th I signed my documents to be sent to Hpd.
Sept 24th got an approval from HPD.
On the same day of the approval I was contacted to schedule a viewing and lease signing.

On Sept 27th I viewed the unit.

Oct 11th signed lease.

They chose a move in date for me. I was OK with the date.

So stay patient everyone. If you scroll through this forum I have the timeline up of my entire process.

I was initially contacted in Jan 2019. My first interview was Jan 15th. From there it was a series of updating documents over and over and over again. This is really survival of the fittest. Don't give up. So long as they keep contacting you, you're still in the running. Give the documents that they request and that's all.

Keep in mind. You will have to pay 1st month rent, security deposit and prorated rent depending on when you sign your lease, PLUS optional amenities if you want them. Electric is additional as well and will be added on to your rent.

The building is beautiful! The concierge is very friendly. It's really a lot to take in. I'm gradually adjusting.

Good luck to all on this journey!!! Feel free to ask questions because it was very helpful for me to have you all here for support. I wish you all the best!!!
Congrats! I know you’ve been waiting for this moment !! My application got sent to HPD on sept 27
I viewed the apartment sept 30. Hpd requested a paper and there was a missing signature on my file. The person working on my file said she has to re-review my file now but the unit I got selected for cannot be given away. I call hpd every other day lol I’m so anxious and stressed with this. I got the direct persons number who is working on my file for hpd she said she has no problem approving my application she just needs those papers and the management has to re calculate my income. I’m still in limbo praying to hear something back this week.
Question you have to pay prorated rent and the full first month rent if moving in the middle of the month ?
Also how much is the amenities. They are beautiful the building in general is amazing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery