Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2022, 12:18 PM

65 posts, read 73,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyZ View Post
I have a situation from my move that I wonder if anyone has advice for. The movers were great but I paid (a lot) extra to have two large pieces of furniture disassembled and assembled by the moving company’s carpenters (since I moved from a walk up and they wouldn’t fit out). They were awful. They eventually got the job done but not only left a mess but I noticed deep scratches in the wood floor next to one of the pieces. They claimed it was there before and I really couldn’t say for sure they weren’t (but I doubted it). After they left I noticed another deep scratch where the other piece was assembled. Now, one is in the bedroom and one in the living room and I don’t see any other scratches anywhere on the floors except near where they did the assembly. I’m not sure what to do about this.
That's awful! Who did you complain to? The men who did the move? If so, I would reach out to the owner/corporate headquarters for the moving company you used. I had an issue when I was moving things out of a storage unit with a big moving company and the owner ended up giving me a discount off the quoted price of the move for my trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2022, 12:18 PM

4,776 posts, read 6,573,986 times
Wow, that's really distressing!

Could you put rugs over the two areas?

Failing that, my advice: I love wood floors, and these old parquet ones are beautiful. If it were me, I would call management and acknowledge that the movers damaged the floors, and offer to pay to have them fixed. ST uses an outside service to do the floors, because I see the truck around here often. Hopefully they can sand down the two areas and re-stain to match, and not charge you a lot! At least get an estimate and take if from there. Good luck!

Last edited by macnyc2003; 04-25-2022 at 12:30 PM..

Old 04-25-2022, 01:52 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,645,707 times
If you want to avoid paying out of pocket you will likely have to inform building management, and speak to the moving company. Good movers have insurance. I can’t guess if this type of damage is covered or not.

Old 04-25-2022, 06:23 PM

151 posts, read 200,082 times
Thank you! It’s actually not too bad because it’s in spots that won’t be seen. I’m honestly not even sure they did it. Is it possible it was like that before? I didn’t inspect
every inch of the floors when I moved in. There are some other slight issues that I have to fill out on the form Stuytown sends.

Old 04-26-2022, 10:16 AM

5 posts, read 5,896 times
Hi! Anyone have an update on where they are in the list? I’m 42xx and I’ve been obsessively checking my inbox because last I saw I think they were up to 36xx. Thanks

Old 04-26-2022, 10:28 AM

What size apartment?

Old 04-26-2022, 10:56 AM

199 posts, read 220,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafflecat21 View Post
Hi! Anyone have an update on where they are in the list? I’m 42xx and I’ve been obsessively checking my inbox because last I saw I think they were up to 36xx. Thanks
My log is 34xx. They sent an email on March 30. I sent my documents on March 31st and got an automatic reply they got my documents. So far I didn't get any more emails. I am applying for a 2bdr but depending on the price I can settle for a 1bdr.

Old 04-26-2022, 11:43 AM

5 posts, read 5,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPNYC View Post
My log is 34xx. They sent an email on March 30. I sent my documents on March 31st and got an automatic reply they got my documents. So far I didn't get any more emails. I am applying for a 2bdr but depending on the price I can settle for a 1bdr.
Thanks for the update! Same I’m hoping for a 2 but will take a 1 bedroom. I actually used to live in ST in a 1 bedroom and they’re HUGE, I unfortunately had to move because I had a Roberts apt and they raised my rent nearly 1.5k more a month after the case was settled

Old 04-26-2022, 04:04 PM

That would be great if you could come back and be truly rent stabilized. I think the Roberts tenants kind of got a raw deal.

For some reason, the one-bedrooms seem to be in shorter supply than the twos.

Old 04-26-2022, 06:37 PM

171 posts, read 183,717 times
My log is 33XX, I sent all the documents the last week of March, waiting to hear back we are cleared and on the wait list for a 2 bedroom. Crossing my fingers for a speedy timeline. Every day I eagerly check my email for an update!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery