Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2022, 02:58 PM

65 posts, read 73,330 times

Advertisements

For anyone waiting for a 1-bedroom, I spoke with the lottery office today and the news isn't great. There is currently no inventory, and there is no estimate for when more will become available. Could be tomorrow, could be months from now. Looks like we're going to need to wear our patient pants for awhile longer!

For reference, I am log 15xx and had originally been asked for paperwork last October, was asked to resubmit my paperwork at the beginning of July, was asked if I had any pets in mid-July, and was informed that my application was ready for final processing last week. It was confirmed for me today that I'm at the top of the list for an apartment once they become available again, there just aren't any available.

So the wait continues. It's crazy how differently the 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom lists are moving!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2022, 03:09 PM

4,776 posts, read 6,573,986 times
Yes, I'm astounded too, because one-bedrooms are numerous. Thanks for the great info. I'm sorry everyone is having to go through a drawn-out process, which is highly nerve-racking even in the best cases.

Old 08-04-2022, 03:40 PM

3,144 posts, read 2,735,240 times
I was just looking--1-bed market rents are now STARTING at $4800/mo. I know it's frustrating, but think how sweet it will be to get one of those for less than $2K monthly.

Old 08-04-2022, 04:08 PM

16 posts, read 16,168 times
I'm just curious, do they give u a tour if u get an offer for 2br?or they just give u the address?

Old 08-04-2022, 04:58 PM

171 posts, read 183,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya24 View Post
I just got my offer!!!! Thanks to everyone for the support. My apt will only be available Oct 8th
Congrats, that's great news! I haven't been checking here as much since I have gotten so discouraged. Where in the complex are you moving?!

Also, does anyone know if they still follow the 2020 AMI to qualify, or do they follow the 2021 or 2022 numbers now?

Old 08-04-2022, 05:05 PM

171 posts, read 183,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhhaia View Post
I'm just curious, do they give u a tour if u get an offer for 2br?or they just give u the address?
Some people have posted their units are still being renovated at the time of the offer so they can't see it but can see a video tour of a similar unit.

Old 08-04-2022, 05:40 PM

199 posts, read 220,571 times
Quote:
I just got my offer!!!! Thanks to everyone for the support. My apt will only be available Oct 8th
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeNYC View Post
Congrats, that's great news! I haven't been checking here as much since I have gotten so discouraged. Where in the complex are you moving?!

Also, does anyone know if they still follow the 2020 AMI to qualify, or do they follow the 2021 or 2022 numbers now?
ChloeNYC,

Are you calling Ms. Pryce? I feel I have to call her every week to make sure she is on top of my file. But yaya24 got her offer so you should be next.

I can totally related being discouraged specially after so many people with higher log numbers got offers already. But I want to believed the the squeaky wheel gets things done so I am calling her once or twice a week.

Old 08-04-2022, 05:44 PM

76 posts, read 120,920 times
Quote:
Congrats!!!!!!!! It’s a wait but you got an offer !!!!! So happy you did !!!!

Old 08-04-2022, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyprnyc View Post
@Family0609, were you given more than one apartment option? I would lovveee to have the PCV 2 bed/2 bath layout if given the opportunity.
It specifically says you only get one offer no other option!!!! I hope everyone get the offer they want soon!! !!!

Old 08-04-2022, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPNYC View Post
A good place to get school recommendation is the Stuytown Moms Facebook group. My friend used to live at Stuytown with her toddler and she met other parents for playdates and tips for schools and day care centers in the area.
I am definitely going to join Stuytown moms for the information. These moms group are full of resources!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery