Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2022, 09:14 AM

29 posts, read 32,441 times

Advertisements

Anyone know anything about the 3 bedrooms? Other than that they are rare! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2022, 09:53 AM

4,771 posts, read 6,568,333 times
I don't know anything specifically, except that they are rare, and you find them in Stuy Town only when two or three buildings are joined together. This development was built for returning servicemen, so I don't know why there would be so few three-bedrooms in the mix.

Also, if people have a three-bedroom and raised their family it in, they tend to hang on to the apartment even after the kids are grown and moved away.

The three-bedrooms in ST have only one bathroom, and two of the bedrooms are fairly small. In PCV I think they have two bathrooms.

Old 08-03-2022, 10:23 AM

2 posts, read 1,285 times
Default 1 bedroom apartment

I just received an email to send in documentation for a 1 bedroom appartment and my lot number is 86XX. Based on what I've read it seems like there is a long wait for the 1 bedrooms. At some point will Stuytown stop filling apartments from this list? I have a different housing opportunity and I'm trying to decide if there's even a chance that they'll get to my application.

Old 08-03-2022, 10:45 AM

143 posts, read 162,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred112 View Post
Anyone know anything about the 3 bedrooms? Other than that they are rare! lol

as suggested above, the 3 bedrooms are probably stuytown only. 3 bedrooms in PCV are converted from 2 bedrooms and from what I am reading are outside the potential availability list

you can search on line for a floor plan. its about 1150 square feet.

i am sending a link that has a floor plan but its small:

https://perfectstrangersofnyc.com/ed...g-in-stuytown/

Old 08-03-2022, 10:55 AM

Family, what is the name of your leasing agent?

Old 08-03-2022, 11:04 AM

this information was from a decade back so some of the information may have changed. I believe the lottery apartments fall into the category of rent stabilized:

452 units out of 8749 total stuytown units are 3bdr. of these, 383 were rent stabilized at one point.

Has anyone on this forum received a 3 bdr?

https://therealdeal.com/wp-content/u...ering-book.pdf

Old 08-03-2022, 11:14 AM

300 posts, read 212,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah3490 View Post
I just received an email to send in documentation for a 1 bedroom appartment and my lot number is 86XX. Based on what I've read it seems like there is a long wait for the 1 bedrooms. At some point will Stuytown stop filling apartments from this list? I have a different housing opportunity and I'm trying to decide if there's even a chance that they'll get to my application.
I’d like to know this as well as I have a 12xxx log number.

Old 08-03-2022, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 531PCV View Post
as suggested above, the 3 bedrooms are probably stuytown only. 3 bedrooms in PCV are converted from 2 bedrooms and from what I am reading are outside the potential availability list

you can search on line for a floor plan. its about 1150 square feet.

i am sending a link that has a floor plan but its small:

https://perfectstrangersofnyc.com/ed...g-in-stuytown/
The floor plan in this link is a Stuy Town (not Peter Cooper) two-bedroom that was turned into a three-bedroom by using the living room as a bedroom. A unit such as this would not be included in the lottery pool.

If you look on the Stuy Town website, these "converted" apartments are identified as being "flex" or "junior."

Last edited by macnyc2003; 08-03-2022 at 11:32 AM..

Old 08-03-2022, 11:25 AM

199 posts, read 220,269 times
Log#34xx
I spoke with Ms. Pryce again to make sure my documents are up to date. She told me to call her back on Friday. She keeps telling me not to worry - easier said than done. But she never gives me a firm date when she is going to review my file to give to her manager.
I am going overseas in 2 weeks and I am nervous about getting an offer while overseas. I will have access to my emails, but if I have only 5 days to send the deposit is going to be complicated.
My question is for the people with contracts - Do I need to send a money order for the deposit? Or is the deposit + 1st month can be a wire transfer?

Old 08-03-2022, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family0609 View Post
Also for those already living there is the 1st floor the ground floor or the level above ?
The way it works in Stuy Town (not sure about Peter Cooper) is that the ground floor is called T, for terrace. Above that is the M level, for main. Above that is the 1st floor.

Because Stuy Town is hilly, the T level is always the ground floor, and sometimes M level is the ground floor, depending on which way your apartment faces.

(Stuy Town buildings have two entrances; one on T and the other on M.)

So if you are given a 1st floor apartment, you are either on the second floor or the third floor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery