Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2022, 10:37 PM

44 posts, read 42,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya24 View Post
did you call today? I won't call until next week (my every 2 weeks rule). If you find out more about what's happening when our file gets to leasing, could you keep us posted please? If I find out before you, I will also let you know.
For those who recently got an offer does it come from a Stuytown email or beam living? I would hate to miss the email. At this point I am even checking my junk emails...
It comes from the stuy town location followed by an outreach email from the housing lottery leasing agent. Once your application is approved, it’s all directed to the agent and then it’s a matter of when she’ll get to your app from her pile of apps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2022, 08:25 AM

143 posts, read 162,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
The Salk School has a good reputation.

https://www.salkschool.org/

https://www.usnews.com/education/k12...science-266199

The zoned middle school is Simon Baruch, MS104. You would have to research it, or course, but I think it's definitely decent.

https://www.usnews.com/education/k12...-baruch-264403

Both are an easy walk from Stuy Town.
Stuytown straddles 2 school districts. the NW and all Peter Cooper are in district 2. Baruch is the zoned school but there are many other smaller schools that are available by application. Baruch is a good school but very large around 1300 students. most of the smaller schools have about 3 - 500.

the SE is district 1, I don't know much about those middle schools. In early September, you could contact PS 19 and ask then where the kids go middle school and if they have recommendations. You can ask foe Cindy Learner.

Old 07-30-2022, 12:29 PM

125 posts, read 210,184 times
Picked up my keys and access card earlier today!! Was also able to view the apartment. It had that new apartment smell. Fresh paint and flooring. Opened up everything and made sure there were no imperfections and I saw nothing. Mine is over on Avenue C but you cant even hear traffic from the FDR (which I was nervous about). The view from my bedroom of the water and Brooklyn is nice. Can't wait to move in Tuesday.

Question for anyone living there. My building's Terrace Level entrance is on the street in a no standing zone. Can you also use to the main level entrance? It looks like it would be a little closer.

Old 07-30-2022, 01:19 PM

4,771 posts, read 6,560,761 times
The no standing zones are new. Public safety officers told me that you can stand in the zone for up to 15 minutes as long as your hazard lights are flashing. I assume that’s what you mean. I don’t know about a moving van being there for longer than 15 minutes but I see them all the time in the no standing zones near my building.

Your moving van won’t be able to park on the sidewalk/paths unless a person is moving into an Oval building that’s far away from a road.

You can use the main level entrance to move in. Does yours have a ramp? Most of them do.

Why don’t you call public safety and ask? It’s 212-598-5233.

Congrats and good luck!

Old 07-30-2022, 03:56 PM

125 posts, read 210,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
The no standing zones are new. Public safety officers told me that you can stand in the zone for up to 15 minutes as long as your hazard lights are flashing. I assume that’s what you mean. I don’t know about a moving van being there for longer than 15 minutes but I see them all the time in the no standing zones near my building.

Your moving van won’t be able to park on the sidewalk/paths unless a person is moving into an Oval building that’s far away from a road.

You can use the main level entrance to move in. Does yours have a ramp? Most of them do.

Why don’t you call public safety and ask? It’s 212-598-5233.

Congrats and good luck!
No I meant my building is on that stretch where theres no island or inside road on the side. Its just the road lol. But looking at the map the 20th st loop may be a little closer and easier for moving than Avenue C loop. Avenue C loop only has steps up to my building , while 20th st has a walkway. And the front of my building does have a ramp. Maybe I'll do that then. And thank youuuuuu

Old 07-31-2022, 05:53 AM

46 posts, read 46,635 times
Good morning! We received an email Friday (a day after dropping off papers) that “your application is currently ready for processing” and “no further action is needed.” From previous posts here, I take that as a good sign since others got an offer very shortly after getting an email like this. But I am NOT expecting anything. I’ll believe it when I see it!

Should this pan out for us, I would be so unbelievably grateful. I was born in the west village, never want to leave NYC and barely ever considered it—but it looks more and more like affordable housing is the only way we could make it work. I am 44 and partner is 51. (Our cat is 2.) It’s the perfect time to secure a place for our future. I know this is the feeling of all of you, too, wanting to make a safe environment for your kids to grow and and yourselves to grow old. Sorry to state the obvious but it does bear repeating. This is so huge for anyone lucky enough to be accepted.

Old 07-31-2022, 03:49 PM

151 posts, read 199,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdsimmons View Post
Picked up my keys and access card earlier today!! Was also able to view the apartment. It had that new apartment smell. Fresh paint and flooring. Opened up everything and made sure there were no imperfections and I saw nothing. Mine is over on Avenue C but you cant even hear traffic from the FDR (which I was nervous about). The view from my bedroom of the water and Brooklyn is nice. Can't wait to move in Tuesday.

Question for anyone living there. My building's Terrace Level entrance is on the street in a no standing zone. Can you also use to the main level entrance? It looks like it would be a little closer.
Congratulations! Good luck with the move!!

Old 08-01-2022, 06:32 AM

76 posts, read 120,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycatjunior View Post
Good morning! We received an email Friday (a day after dropping off papers) that “your application is currently ready for processing” and “no further action is needed.” From previous posts here, I take that as a good sign since others got an offer very shortly after getting an email like this. But I am NOT expecting anything. I’ll believe it when I see it!

Should this pan out for us, I would be so unbelievably grateful. I was born in the west village, never want to leave NYC and barely ever considered it—but it looks more and more like affordable housing is the only way we could make it work. I am 44 and partner is 51. (Our cat is 2.) It’s the perfect time to secure a place for our future. I know this is the feeling of all of you, too, wanting to make a safe environment for your kids to grow and and yourselves to grow old. Sorry to state the obvious but it does bear repeating. This is so huge for anyone lucky enough to be accepted.
This is so true especially with the prices in NYC! Hoping we will soon all be settled there in the comfort of our new homes. Hoping we all get some good news this week as all our applications reach new stages in the process !

Old 08-01-2022, 07:54 AM

46 posts, read 46,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Family0609 View Post
This is so true especially with the prices in NYC! Hoping we will soon all be settled there in the comfort of our new homes. Hoping we all get some good news this week as all our applications reach new stages in the process !
Feeling the anticipation! :-) It’s been very instructive going through this, all the emotional highs and lows. (And let’s hope that part is SOON over!) Yesterday I walked around the development and explored… I’ve been there many times, but really saw it with new eyes this time. Farmers market in full swing, people playing basketball and tennis, people lounging on lawn chairs and everything so tranquil and nice. So many dogs too which I love seeing. I hadn’t seen the inside of PCV before, it was cool to get the lay of the land in that part of the east-east-east 20’s.

Old 08-01-2022, 09:22 AM

118 posts, read 126,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycatjunior View Post
Feeling the anticipation! :-) It’s been very instructive going through this, all the emotional highs and lows. (And let’s hope that part is SOON over!) Yesterday I walked around the development and explored… I’ve been there many times, but really saw it with new eyes this time. Farmers market in full swing, people playing basketball and tennis, people lounging on lawn chairs and everything so tranquil and nice. So many dogs too which I love seeing. I hadn’t seen the inside of PCV before, it was cool to get the lay of the land in that part of the east-east-east 20’s.
I personally doubt that I will have an offer this week. I just called and was told that my file is in the queue of the leasing agent. When I asked what it meant. They said that the leasing agent have couple of people ahead of me that are waiting for a 2 bedroom…. Every stage is a waiting process even when you are that close… I am getting so impatient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery